News: Zeke on talk of Pollard being a starter

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
My first time reading/seeing the entire interview rather than a few words in a tweet....... a little bit of a different perspective.

Ezekiel Elliott shrugs at talk that Tony Pollard should be the starter
Posted by Mike Florio on December 24, 2020, 8:42 AM EST

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...talk-that-tony-pollard-should-be-the-starter/

With Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott missing the Week 15 win over the 49ers due to a calf injury and given that his replacement, Tony Pollard, played very well, chatter regarding Pollard’s ascension made its way into Elliott’s midweek press conference.

On Wednesday, Elliott initially was asked to respond to those who believe Pollard should be the starter.

“I don’t really pay much attention to it,” Elliott told reporters. “I don’t really know what to say to it. Tony is a great back though. Tony is a great back. As you saw this weekend he’s special, can do some great things and I mean shoot, he’s a good back.”

Pollard had 69 yards rushing, another 63 yards receiving, and two total touchdowns in the victory over San Francisco.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke haters will still take that wrong. :laugh:
and Pollard did not have that great of a game. He played very well, showed his speed, quickness and elusiveness. But he is still no Zeke, but a good compliment.

I have no issues he has 2 series of his own, or even a 3rd series, depending game situation.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The old pressure makes diamonds situation.

I wanted Romo to get his job back in the 2016 playoffs. Because I wanted to see what Romo would do after all of the Dak talk. Now I want to see what Zeke is going to do now that the Pollard talk has picked up.

Cmac

Reaction score
…...say what you want.....Zeke has never acted like a bad teammate within the locker room or between the lines. Most importantly, he's taken all the rocks & bricks for almost everything wrong with this team on the offensive side of the ball. Is there a quote where Kellen has defended Zeke, ever.....just wondering?

Praxit

Reaction score
....what he really is saying, "I'm getting 90 million for watching the 2nd string back take over". Life can be topsy turvy

shabazz

Reaction score
Ezekiel is not a bad guy at all. He’s merely a boy with world class ability that decided to stop working and enjoy early retirement in the form of “ Load Management”.

He’ll be a short fat kid in just a few years after he stops “playing”

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Seems everyone has the anointing oil out for Pollard... Bill says slow down with that, lol...

Well, to be fair, it was never really put away. It was still sitting, left out from all of those who were anointing Zeke as better then Emmitt and destined for the HOF. So yeah, I was surprised there was even any left for Pollard, to be honest.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
and Pollard did not have that great of a game. He played very well, showed his speed, quickness and elusiveness. But he is still no Zeke, but a good compliment.

I have no issues he has 2 series of his own, or even a 3rd series, depending game situation.

He’s no Zeke with his 3.9 YPC.

InTheZone

Reaction score
My first time reading/seeing the entire interview rather than a few words in a tweet....... a little bit of a different perspective.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...talk-that-tony-pollard-should-be-the-starter/

With Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott missing the Week 15 win over the 49ers due to a calf injury and given that his replacement, Tony Pollard, played very well, chatter regarding Pollard’s ascension made its way into Elliott’s midweek press conference.

On Wednesday, Elliott initially was asked to respond to those who believe Pollard should be the starter.

“I don’t really pay much attention to it,” Elliott told reporters. “I don’t really know what to say to it. Tony is a great back though. Tony is a great back. As you saw this weekend he’s special, can do some great things and I mean shoot, he’s a good back.”

Pollard had 69 yards rushing, another 63 yards receiving, and two total touchdowns in the victory over San Francisco.
only 69 yards with a 40 yard run? I seriously thought he had 150 yards that game. 11 for 29 before that.

Cmac

Reaction score
You show me a guy that wants to come off the bench....I'd say he could be 6th man of the year, or a hell of a reliever or utility guy.....Not sure what Zeke needed to say to appease everyone....talked positive about TPollard.....and the writer really captured everyone with his title...."shrugs"? Journalism with the read trap. I think the 'Boys should sit Zeke down the rest of the season.....just to see what TPollard can do with some full-time vs spot-time, instead of putting Zeke out there with the calf injury. Do it!!!! Let's see TPollard.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

shocking to me actually. He was gracious and complimentary and not defensive.

Loso86

Reaction score

Yea wont matter that before that long td run he was like 11 for 29 or something like that