News: Zeke on talk of Pollard being a starter

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They should try letting Pollard start and see if Zeke can take advantage of the tired defense on fresh legs for a game or two.
Actually the original thought I had envisioned was using Zeke and Pollard more in the same backfield.
Kellen Moore I believed was going to recognize this advantage, how you can put a defense on their toes, and cause mass substitutions defensively, by just calling out a double back set, to roll Pollard in the slot..
This has been an under sight, under utilization, under developed, call it whatever you want, but Pollard has already proven his capability IMHO,, when Zeke comes back, he needs to show that he is a leader, not a sulking got paid fatty boy...lol
This team has the capability to have the best 1-2 punch maybe... Browns are there,, in the league,
Our division and conference we already own that.... so lets chew on this a bit Zoners

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yea wont matter that before that long td run he was like 11 for 29 or something like that

Zeke:

14 carries for 34 yards (2.43 YPC) in Week 3
18 carries for 51 yards (2.83 YPC) in Week 9
10 carries for 32 yards (3.2 YPC) in Week 12

Here’s the difference...Zeke doesn’t pose a threat to break a long run.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think it is good the media is saying pollard should start, but ol jerry will show them who is boss, and have elliot starting rest of season.
Especially for the key game with eagles.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Long runs in fourth quarters don’t count. Not fair to Zeke. Zeke fans don’t understand the concept of long runs.
Zeke doesn’t understand the concept of long runs. He told Collinsworth before game 1 that he doesn’t look for the home run in the first half because he wants to punish the defense.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Zeke:

exactly, and pollard is faster and more explosive,
and had 120 yds total in that game.
Both RB's have to contend with kellens poor play calling, and run blocking schemes.
one thing I see a lot is a OL not block or just chip a guy at the line and then go downfield to block, and the guy who they didnt block makes the tackle
behind the line. I dont get that at all.
Also they dont block the backside and that guy will run down the back from behind.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
exactly, and pollard is faster and more explosive,
and had 120 yds total in that game.
Both RB's have to contend with kellens poor play calling, and run blocking schemes.
one thing I see a lot is a OL not block or just chip a guy at the line and then go downfield to block, and the guy who they didnt block makes the tackle
behind the line. I dont get that at all.
Also they dont block the backside and that guy will run down the back from behind.
Sad thing is Pollard really isn’t that fast. I don’t even think he breaks 20 mph on his big plays. He just looks fast compared to Zeke now. And Zeke used to be over 20 mph.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Sad thing is Pollard really isn’t that fast. I don’t even think he breaks 20 mph on his big plays. He just looks fast compared to Zeke now. And Zeke used to be over 20 mph.
Really? Not fast... interesting.

Zeke showing leadership like a champ, don't put him out to pasture yet.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
A smart team will draft a RB in the middle rounds every other year. And let their contracts expire.

aria

Reaction score
Zeke doesn’t understand the concept of long runs. He told Collinsworth before game 1 that he doesn’t look for the home run in the first half because he wants to punish the defense.
And by “punishing the defense” zeke was referring to punishing his own defense by getting those 1-2 “dirty yards” instead of 5-6 yard gains, fumbling the ball and tapping out on critical plays resulting in the Cowboys defense spending more time on the field.

aria

Reaction score

Gotta love a leader who quits on plays, asks to be taken out on critical downs and is currently leading the league in salary and fumbles for all RB’s. If he’s considered a leader, no wonder this team sucks so bad, makes perfect sense.

conner01

Reaction score
So he thinks Tony is a good back? Is he a good back? I think he’s a good back. Tony’s a good back.
He is for the role he plays and his role should be expanded when possible
But he’s not gonna be the starter when zeke is healthy

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Try to comprehend again. You failed the first time. Get it right the 2nd time and I will only deduct 10 points and you can still make a B.

Loso86

Reaction score
Zeke:

Ok pollard had 1 or 2 good runs last week and averaged the same with the same team Zeke has been on. I get what your saying but Pollard ain't it

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
…...say what you want.....Zeke has never acted like a bad teammate within the locker room or between the lines. Most importantly, he's taken all the rocks & bricks for almost everything wrong with this team on the offensive side of the ball. Is there a quote where Kellen has defended Zeke, ever.....just wondering?
Is there a question he was asked about Zeke?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Gotta love a leader who quits on plays, asks to be taken out on critical downs and is currently leading the league in salary and fumbles for all RB’s. If he’s considered a leader, no wonder this team sucks so bad, makes perfect sense.
Yep, gotta love Zeke.