News: Zeke on talk of Pollard being a starter

Kaiser

Reaction score
Cal Poly: "Kaiser is a liar, he said this".

Kaiser: Here is the exact link proving you are lying about that exact issue.

Cal Poly: "Don't feel like reading it, because Kaiser is such a liar!"

blueblood70

Reaction score
What I liked most was how even with the defense coming after him hard he kept churning out 3-4 yards a clip and kept us ahead of the chains.. That made the play action lethal as it turned out to be. Then late in the game when the defense had had just about enough of him.. he started really breaking off some big runs..
fans dont respect some of the runs that were 3 yard losses turned in a one yard gain, kept the chains moving as it didnt turn into 3rd and long as fought to not lose yards many plays yesterday hit behind the line

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd love for Zeke to just play well and justify the contract he earned. When that doesnt happen over the course of a season its a problem. Dont need to hear any excuses about the OL, Dalton doesnt have a problem performing with a back up O-line.
HuGE difference in the ay they pass block vs run block..i stop being blind the OL is the main issue and our OC at times is clueless son how to scheme the run game, abandons it quickly and our defense getting us behind by 3 score most of the year made the run game moot..

be a hater its ok we know the troll list that cant see valid reason for down year by zeke..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm talking about this season. Stop living in the past. Zeke used to have breakaway td runs as well but not anymore.

"this season". Really dude? COVID...new coaching staff...decimated O-line. Your dynamic duo QB hurt.

But yes...let's go ahead and dumb zeke because of that.

People...jeeze.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
"this season". Really dude? COVID...new coaching staff...decimated O-line. Your dynamic duo QB hurt.

But yes...let's go ahead and dumb zeke because of that.

People...jeeze.

Zeke has been getting progressively worse since year 3.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
fans dont respect some of the runs that were 3 yard losses turned in a one yard gain, kept the chains moving as it didnt turn into 3rd and long as fought to not lose yards many plays yesterday hit behind the line

Yeah I refuse to believe people are so stupid as to not appreciate the value of a simple 3 yard gain that should have been a 2 yard loss because of the backs' efforts. I think they mainly deny it because of dislike for the player. Which is fine I guess.. people have a right to feel however they want to feel, it's just never going to get a lot of respect from me..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yeah I refuse to believe people are so stupid as to not appreciate the value of a simple 3 yard gain that should have been a 2 yard loss because of the backs' efforts. I think they mainly deny it because of dislike for the player. Which is fine I guess.. people have a right to feel however they want to feel, it's just never going to get a lot of respect from me..

Folks understand it.

The problem is you bloviate about the beauty of Zeke’s 2-3 yard gains and then turn around and heeehaw shading Pollard when he has the same runs.

FalseStart75Pozderac

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe was mentioning this this morning. Gave Zeke much respect for turning losses into gains.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Folks understand it.

The problem is you bloviate about the beauty of Zeke’s 2-3 yard gains and then turn around and heeehaw shading Pollard when he has the same runs.

The problem is that Pollard doesn't have those same runs.. I've stated many times that Pollard is far more likely to get trapped for a loss than Zeke is. One because he's not as strong and two because he is looking to bounce it more often. The latter gives you a better chance at a splash play but it also subjects you to more TFLs followed by 2nd and 13. Zeke has had 5 games under 4 ypc this year.. Pollard has had 7. Zeke has been held under 3 ypc twice.. Pollard has had three such games. The fact remains that Zeke's consistent chain moving production is more valuable to the offense than 10 carries of nothing followed by a 40 yarder which inflates the stats. Last week without Zeke the Cowboys had 15 first downs and punted 6 times. This week they had 22 first downs and punted 4 times. Last week they lost time of possession by over 8 minutes.. This week they won time of possession by 2 minutes. In the same game where Pollard averaged 40 inches a carry Zeke averaged 5.5 yards.. You think maybe having a week to actually study film on Pollard enabled the Eagles to stifle him? Remember the 49ers didn't find out Pollard was starting until 10 am last Sunday. Again none of this is intended to disparage Tony Pollard.. I think he's a great change of pace back who can do big thangs in a limited role. But people using his production in that limited role to justify their hatred of Zeke is BS of the lowest order.

Kaiser

Reaction score
But people using his production in that limited role to justify their hatred of Zeke is BS of the lowest order.

And then use one play like Pollard's 40 yard run to make nonsensical claims like "Pollard can break tackles but Zeke can't".

ICP

Reaction score
Lol, Zeke has the 'Reporter Speak' down to a tee. Too bad his on field performance isn't as good

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Cal Poly: "Kaiser is a liar, he said this".

Kaiser: Here is the exact link proving you are lying about that exact issue.

Cal Poly: "Don't feel like reading it, because Kaiser is such a liar!"

Loool, you’ve been exposed on countless lies. You post links claiming to provide proof and it’s just you posting to some random posts.

Anyone that’s spends the time realizes you’re just posturing by posting links to make it seem like you’re actually providing evidence.

Sydla straight up called you out for doctoring one of my posts to remove context, smh.