Zeke or Barkley? Who was the better prospect

kskboys

Reaction score
Zeke had the best OL we've seen in a decade his rookie season. Four all-pro caliber players and a solid 5th man.

Giants arent going to go from one of the worst Olines in the league to one of the best lines we've seen in recent history. Even with adding an average LT and a good guard prospect. It won't be close.
Maybe.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Now look at their skillsets and build. Barkley is an every down back. He might be more of an outside runner, but he's an every down back. Could be bellcow.

Bush is built lightly and could never take that type of pounding. You're trying to compare an every down outside RB to a 3rd down back. It's really not even close.
As lightly built as Bush was he was better in the middle. I think that's going to be an issue for Barkley when he tries running in the NFL.

kskboys

Reaction score
As lightly built as Bush was he was better in the middle. I think that's going to be an issue for Barkley when he tries running in the NFL.
That is possible. All we have on Barkley running up the middle is projections. Most seem to think he'll do fine at that.

I'm not arguing either way, but I'm thinking w/ his burst and great attitude, he'll be fine between the tackles.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. Barkley just looks like he will be the same size/player/look for the next 10 years. Zeke already looks like he's aged 7 years.

Zeke seems like a cocky, immature guy that takes things for granted. May have tendency to be out of shape a little or get fat. May.

Barkley appears to be a great young kid with the right attitude and respect. As you said, the type of athlete that will be ripped for 8 years.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That is possible. All we have on Barkley running up the middle is projections. Most seem to think he'll do fine at that.

I'm not arguing either way, but I'm thinking w/ his burst and great attitude, he'll be fine between the tackles.
I'm just going by what I watched. He struggled getting the tough 2-4 yards in the middle. In college.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Barkley only had 17 more carries than Bush in their junior year....and ran for like 500 fewer yards, fwiw.

Barkley is a "get him in space" type. He was the definition of it in college, he just didn't have any complimentary backs. When he tried to run between the tackles against stacked boxes, he didn't have any success, which is why his YPC was so much lower than Bush (5.9 vs 8.37).
Bush played on one of the best college teams of all time, Barkley not so much.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm a huge Zeke fan. I recognize a player who is not just Elite, but Elite on multiple levels of the game.
He is, by far, the most complete RB we've seen in a long time.

Last year skewed the view.

This year, the wheat shall be separated from the chaff and he will be looked at as an MVP candidate and he will be undervalued.
The QB protection alone... Everything about him screams greatness, except for his immaturity.

So far... so good. If he can keep from being his own worst enemy...
He just may make @Toruk_Makto eat crow.

It's just stinks to know that Mufasa has a darn good track record though... The jerk.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm a huge Zeke fan. I recognize a player who is not just Elite, but Elite on multiple levels of the game.
He is, by far, the most complete RB we've seen in a long time.

Last year skewed the view.

This year, the wheat shall be separated from the chaff and he will be looked at as an MVP candidate and he will be undervalued.
The QB protection alone... Everything about him screams greatness, except for his immaturity.

So far... so good. If he can keep from being his own worst enemy...
He just may make @Toruk_Makto eat crow.

It's just stinks to know that Mufasa has a darn good track record though... The jerk.
I'm not sure man, not in my opinion. Yeah, he was suspended but look what he overcame and what he did.

All offseason he was dealing with trying to prepare for football and the investigation. All preseason. At the beginning of the season. Then, he's suspended for 6 games. He couldn't even practice with the team, he was gone. And he STILL rushed for 1,000? Whoa.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm not sure man, not in my opinion. Yeah, he was suspended but look what he overcame and what he did.

All offseason he was dealing with trying to prepare for football and the investigation. All preseason. At the beginning of the season. Then, he's suspended for 6 games. He couldn't even practice with the team, he was gone. And he STILL rushed for 1,000? Whoa.
I understand that his YPC dropped to 4.1, which BTW is still respectable. But from what I saw, he still looked very good.