Video: Zeke overpaid? Dak not paying attention to detail?

aria

Reaction score
Cmon now, the endzone was very slippery in that game. Pollard on the previous play slipped in the endzone. Twice!
Guess it was slippery when he fell down against the Browns too but luckily it was only behind the line of scrimmage instead of the the goal line.

He leads the league in fumbles, it must be the “slippy” ball.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Im not a Dalton guy.. I just think we can get Dak like results with him.. Sitting here at 1-3 and 6 wins in our last 17 games I don’t feel like I’m wrong.

Dak Prescott just isn’t a difference maker and he wants a lot of money to not be a impact player.
When is daltons last 400 yard performance? Just curious

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Im not a Dalton guy.. I just think we can get Dak like results with him.. Sitting here at 1-3 and 6 wins in our last 17 games I don’t feel like I’m wrong.

Dak Prescott just isn’t a difference maker and he wants a lot of money to not be a impact player.
Were you one of the people who thought you could get Romo-like production out of every Brady Quinn or Christian Ponder? Regardless, you are now in the same boat as the people who did think that.

Flamma

Reaction score
Were you one of the people who thought you could get Romo-like production out of every Brady Quinn or Christian Ponder? Regardless, you are now in the same boat as the people who did think that.

Well, he did say 6 wins out of our last 17 games. You don't have to believe Dalton is as good as Dak to think even he could win 4-6 games out of the last 17. In that 17 game stretch we split with one playoff team. Dallas beat mostly bums. You don't even have to put the blame on Dak. Just that he's not a difference maker on this team.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well, he did say 6 wins out of our last 17 games. You don't have to believe Dalton is as good as Dak to think even he could win 4-6 games out of the last 17. In that 17 game stretch we split with one playoff team. Dallas beat mostly bums. You don't even have to put the blame on Dak. Just that he's not a difference maker on this team.
Applies to every player then. If you subscribe to this theory, no player on the team should be considered irreplaceable.

Flamma

Reaction score
Applies to every player then. If you subscribe to this theory, no player on the team should be considered irreplaceable.

Besides quarterbacks, It's not easy for a single player to be a big difference maker. It usually takes multiple impact players. But I'd say in 2016 Zeke was definitely a difference maker. Or you could say our offensive line as a unit. But like someone else said, if we're going to be a consistent 8 win team, or 5-6 win team like it looks now, why the hell would you sign the QB to a huge contract? We can do that with any quarterback. And like I said, you don't even have to put any blame on Dak. Put it on how the GM chose to allocate the cap money. But for whatever reason this team is inept, that's the reality right now.

It reminds me of the story about the baseball player that led the league in home runs and asked the GM for a raise. He refused stating we're in last place with you, we can be in last place without you.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Besides quarterbacks, It's not easy for a single player to be a big difference maker. It usually takes multiple impact players. But I'd say in 2016 Zeke was definitely a difference maker. Or you could say our offensive line as a unit. But like someone else said, if we're going to be a consistent 8 win team, or 5-6 win team like it looks now, why the hell would you sign the QB to a huge contract? We can do that with any quarterback. And like I said, you don't even have to put any blame on Dak. Put it on how the GM chose to allocate the cap money. But for whatever reason this team is inept, that's the reality right now.

It reminds me of the story about the baseball player that led the league in home runs and asked the GM for a raise. He refused stating we're in last place with you, we can be in last place without you.
If we are going to be 8-8, then no player needs top money.
Zeke was a difference maker in 2016. That high first round draft pick paid off for 1 year because he has not been a difference maker beginning in 2017. There was a noticeable and steep decline in his game from the 2016 version and he hasn’t been a difference maker since. He has just been a well used work horse that really isn’t necessary to win in today’s game.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
If Zek had a mind set like some of the Cowboy greats then I would be okay paying him the big bucks, but Zek doesn't have the IT to get to the next level. You see it on and off the field, the dude needs to get his head out of his *** and grown the f@#$%k up. This is TODAY'S NFL PLAYER, they only care about getting paid and once that happens all bets are off. They turn into BAD FOOTBALL PLAYERS and I mean BAD as in TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE and COMPLACENT players that turn into a form of cancer on a team. When this happens it almost near impossible to eradicate them off the team, you're stuck with them until their contracts run out or they're so bad that a team owner says enough is enough and eats what's left of a humongous contract. Are you reading this JJ???????

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Yes.. This is a very simple way at looking at this and that’s not how someone like me looks at it..

I think most fans think... Zeke good pay Zeke..

Dak good pay Dak..

Defense bad fix defense..

But there are so many dynamics to all of this and we are putting all of our money in one area and wondering why the other area sucks.

Paying runningbacks is just stupid imo.

Paying QBs, even the truly elite guys, is not equaling success..

The Cowboys best chance going forward is to get rid of some of these guys IMO and hopefully get something for them in a trade but just getting cap space would allow us to rebuild this team.

I agree paying Zeke was a very very stupid move for Jerry Jones. I think Jerry was thinking with his marketing brain and not a gm brain. He was thinking the triplets all over again and Zeke was a good for the Dallas Cowboys Marketing brand. With his feed zeke and etc. But like I've said many times before you can find rb's in round 2 and later that has solid production. Heck most teams move to a rb by committee approach.
Kind of hurt our CAP signing Zeke to a huge deal and look at the production.

I thought it was dumb to spend a what top 5 pick on Zeke (who has been good) but rb's can be found all over the draft. Could of used that pick on defense where we really need help. I think in today's NFL with how they have so many rules that are in place to help the offense score points. You should spend the premium picks on defense unless of course you need a QB. Heck I'm not sure I would even spend a top 10 pick on a WR. Offensive skill position guys you can find later. If I am drafting top 10 and don't need a QB. I would probably take the best defensive guy(mainly front 7) or oline if there value is close to the offensive skill player.

Qcard

Reaction score
Sorry if repost..

I agree with his opinions.. I was anti pay Zeke... I am anti pay Dak.. I know some of you love this brand of football we play though.

10:30 mark he speaks about Zeke.. 17:00 minute mark he speaks about Dak.

I think the biggest win for Dallas this season would to be really really bad.. Like worst team in the league bad. By 2022 we would have a real chance again.

We’re about to be locked into mediocrity though. We’ll be the Houston Texans of the north.

Wow....this dude has come a long way from whatever he did prior..Cheap click

lukin2006

Reaction score
Sanders is a better back than fat Zeke...bet they didn’t spend a 4th...

bewp7

Reaction score
this whole core is rotten. blow it all up and hire bieniemy or some one with a vision and let them build it right.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ll be guilty and everyone knows who I’ll be calling out if he doesn’t show up.

Aria, I am beginning to lean toward giving up on him and Dak. The only thing is, the offense runs through these two bums.

aria

Reaction score
Aria, I am beginning to lean toward giving up on him and Dak. The only thing is, the offense runs through these two bums.
I’m not giving up on Dak, every QB has bad games or bad throws and I think his positives have outweigh his negatives by a large margin. If he keeps playing the next few games like he’s played so far today than yeah, I’m on board.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m not giving up on Dak, every QB has bad games or bad throws and I think his positives have outweigh his negatives by a large margin. If he keeps playing the next few games like he’s played so far today than yeah, I’m on board.

I should have known to test you with that post, lol. I was hoping you would take the bait.