Video: Zeke overpaid? Dak not paying attention to detail?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
While I don't necessarily agree, I don't have a problem with anyone saying we should not pay either or both but his reasoning, particularly on Dak is stupid. You can "what if" guys like Aikman out of the Hall of Fame if you try hard enough and it's ironic to now say that people like to quote Dak's superior yardage and TD type stats as if it overrates him when after his first couple of years all people did was quote his inferior yardage and YD type stats to say it prove he wasn't any good.

You don’t have to what if with Dak.. He’s not a difference maker for this team and never has been.

He provides a solid standard and high floor of play at the QB position but he isn’t the deciding factor in games and he wants way too much money for what he is as a player.

Let some other team sink themselves into mediocrity. I’d rather be terrible than average.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don’t have to what if with Dak.. He’s not a difference maker for this team and never has been.

He provides a solid standard and high floor of play at the QB position but he isn’t the deciding factor in games and he wants way too much money for what he is as a player.

Let some other team sink themselves into mediocrity. I’d rather be terrible than average.

This season is a wash for better or worse.
The future is Dak-less probably going with Dalton (cheaper) and investing the Dak cap gained on defense.
What is truly wonderful is that even if Jerry (Drunken football fool) wants to keep Prescott the Cap won't allow for it!!! YAHOOOO
Zeke will bounce back as talent has a way of finding the light.
D-Law just might be a major BUST?
2021 the new saga kicks-off.....

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Who is the last difference maker we had on the team? Emmitt Smith?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Sorry if repost..

I agree with his opinions.. I was anti pay Zeke... I am anti pay Dak.. I know some of you love this brand of football we play though.

10:30 mark he speaks about Zeke.. 17:00 minute mark he speaks about Dak.

I think the biggest win for Dallas this season would to be really really bad.. Like worst team in the league bad. By 2022 we would have a real chance again.

We’re about to be locked into mediocrity though. We’ll be the Houston Texans of the north.

Jerry and Stephen should have played hardball with Zeke. Zeke goes to Cabo to party and have fun. Then gets rewarded with the biggest contract in the NFL for a runningback.

They should have let Zeke sit out for a year and see what they have in Pollard.

Same with Dlaw. They should have let him sit out a year, get his shoulder repaired, and talk contract after a year.

They should have tried to sign Dak first and foremost. Those two contracts will bite us in the long run.

SumGuy

Reaction score
Zeke is definitely not putting up stats that would justify his contract thus far. I love that he's a good blocker, but I can see where you'd expect more from him for the kind of money he's being paid. With that said, you can't just go based on stats/production (just like he explains about Dak's inflated stats). It's also about whether the player is talented enough that the opposing team has to gameplan against him. Defenses have to focus a lot of attention on Zeke, and it helps to open up the rest of the offense for Dak. So it isn't a simple dollars per production equation.

And let's pump the brakes on the Browns. They beat the Bengals, Washington, and us -- three sub-average teams. They got destroyed by a real team (Baltimore). I think they'd actually fit in perfectly in this division, as I see them being a 7 win team. Out of their remaining schedule, I can see them beating the Giants, Jets, and possibly 2 of 4 between Bengals, Raiders, Texans, and Jaguars. I do agree that Mayfield (as it stands today) isn't their answer. From what I've seen, he's inaccurate, holds the ball a long time, and isn't even a great scrambler.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sorry if repost..

I agree with his opinions.. I was anti pay Zeke... I am anti pay Dak.. I know some of you love this brand of football we play though.

I think the biggest win for Dallas this season would to be really really bad.. Like worst team in the league bad. By 2022 we would have a real chance again.

We’re about to be locked into mediocrity though. We’ll be the Houston Texans of the north.

who is this guy?

aria

Reaction score
This right here

no Zeke and Dak haven’t been perfect and deserve some blame......but they done more than enough to win games and be 3-1
Zeke’s done more than enough? Lol, where do you guys come up with this?

He has games two games of 34 yards and 54 yards. A game with a 2.4 ypc and another that would be 2.7 if you took away one run. He leads the league in fumbles and two of those have directly resulted in the other teams getting a TD. He has a safety from slipping in the end zone and he’s dropped easy passes that have hit him right in the hands. He also completely whiffed on more than one block and one of those almost got Dak killed (against Seattle IIRC).

If you mean he does more than enough for the other team to win than I couldn’t agree more.

aria

Reaction score
Zeke is definitely not putting up stats that would justify his contract thus far. I love that he's a good blocker, but I can see where you'd expect more from him for the kind of money he's being paid. With that said, you can't just go based on stats/production (just like he explains about Dak's inflated stats). It's also about whether the player is talented enough that the opposing team has to gameplan against him. Defenses have to focus a lot of attention on Zeke, and it helps to open up the rest of the offense for Dak. So it isn't a simple dollars per production equation.

And let's pump the brakes on the Browns. They beat the Bengals, Washington, and us -- three sub-average teams. They got destroyed by a real team (Baltimore). I think they'd actually fit in perfectly in this division, as I see them being a 7 win team. Out of their remaining schedule, I can see them beating the Giants, Jets, and possibly 2 of 4 between Bengals, Raiders, Texans, and Jaguars. I do agree that Mayfield (as it stands today) isn't their answer. From what I've seen, he's inaccurate, holds the ball a long time, and isn't even a great scrambler.
Zeke faced less stacked boxes last year than at any point in his career and there were ~26 other RB’s that faced stacked boxes more often. With the addition of Lamb, I expect it will even be less this year. Teams aren’t focusing on him like his rookie year nor as much as his fan boys like to believe. Hell, he’s already taken himself down twice this year, once for a safety, and dropped several easy passes.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The offense is feasting against teams with a big lead..

That is when they do their work..

We’ve barely had a lead this year and you can blame the defense but the offense constantly starts slow and not very often do we see our offense come out and set the tone.. A lot of the time they start the chaos and we call them heroes at the end of it.
If our defense could get a stop the feasting would end up in victories. You're listening to the media too much. We actually watch the games and see that if we just don't give up reverse for 50 plus yards we likely win the games against the Doo Doo Browns. We as fans know that we actually came back to take the lead in the 4th quarter against the Hags and I defense just had been able to get a stop we would have won that game.

Look our offense is not perfect but they are on the opposite end of all time bad and closer to great. Our defense is not perfect and are on the opposite end of great and are closer to all time bad. If our defense was just average we would be undefeated or at worse 3-1.

Flamma

Reaction score
Sorry if repost..

I posted this video in another thread. It's pretty much spot on. The thing I like about this guy is that he watches every game. He was a college QB and has no favorite NFL team.

How about Miles Garrett? He gets paid and kills it afterwards. Tank cashes in and is a no show.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Giving away 7 points to the other team in two different games, one which we barely won and should have lost and the other to a team we lost to by 7 could have been the difference had zeke not fumbled and we ended up getting 7 points, or even 3, instead of giving the other team 7.

That’s a 14 point swing, so yeah, it’s a large part of why we lost. Slipping in the end zone, giving the other team 2 points and good field position is another big reason why we lost.
The offense did more than anyone would have expected to make up for their mistakes; Dak historically did himself. What did the defense do to make up for their garbageness?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The offense is feasting against teams with a big lead..

That is when they do their work..

We’ve barely had a lead this year and you can blame the defense but the offense constantly starts slow and not very often do we see our offense come out and set the tone.. A lot of the time they start the chaos and we call them heroes at the end of it.

The offense is to blame as well. Their turnovers have shifted the momentum to the other team. Not really all of Dak's fault. Oline and playcalling is the biggest issue here. If the oline is such bad shape why don't we use play action, bootlegs, RPOs and shorter routes? This is the same offense with Garrett. We need to trash it and go with a Westcoast style offense.

aria

Reaction score
The offense did more than anyone would have expected to make up for their mistakes; Dak historically did himself. What did the defense do to make up for their garbageness?
Just saying, zeke did far from “more than enough” to win games. IMOF he did more for Cleveland by giving them 7 then he did for the Cowboys.

No doubt the defense sucks.

aria

Reaction score
Is anyone else watching the Texas/OU game?
Unfortunately...missed the last 4 mins when OU was up by 14, come back and it’s in double OT. I have money on this trash game.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Unfortunately...missed the last 4 mins when OU was up by 14, come back and it’s in double OT. I have money on this trash game.

With the blocked field goal it's over for Texas.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Just saying, zeke did far from “more than enough” to win games. IMOF he did more for Cleveland by giving them 7 then he did for the Cowboys.

No doubt the defense sucks.
Zeke is on the offense with a banged up OL the likes that Romo has nightmares about.....and we are putting up points. I think caught 7 passes with 70 or so yards last week as well.

What did Dlaw do.....Jaylon.....anyone on defense?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
TEXAS HAS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OU missed their field goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!