Video: Zeke overpaid? Dak not paying attention to detail?

aria

Reaction score
Zeke is on the offense with a banged up OL the likes that Romo has nightmares about.....and we are putting up points. I think caught 7 passes with 70 or so yards last week as well.

What did Dlaw do.....Jaylon.....anyone on defense?
I don’t want to hear any zeke excuses, I’m sick of them. I don’t care what kind of O line he has, a diva who sits out with 2 years left on his contract until he gets paid as the best and highest (pun intended) RB in the league then he shouldn’t need a top 5-10 O line to succeed. If zeke is as good as his jock sniffers say he is, he shouldn’t be dropping easy passes, leading the league in fumbles, and slipping in the end zone for safeties. He has had two decent games and two bad games, with his salary demands he should be a difference maker regardless of the O line.

Barkley had one of the worst O lines, if not the worst, his rookie year and put up incredible numbers. I don’t even think he fumbled the ball that year and not one time to any of zekes gan boys give Barkley the O line excuse. There are RB’s out there doing more with much worse O lines and they are later round draft picks or making a quarter of what zeke makes.

I’m not saying that the defense doesn’t suck or that Jaylon and Dlaw aren’t overpaid but for you to sit here and defend zeke’s play and claim “he’s done more than enough to win games” by using excuse after excuse is ridiculous. You need to stick the defense sucks narrative and quite defending an over rated, overpaid, RB who needs a top O line to be successful.

kskboys

Reaction score
I ask the question would Bill Belichick pay a running back big money or Dak Prescott $40 million?

The answer is a hard NO.
Or a CB, or a DE, or a WR. Bill has paid relatively big money to exactly 2 players in my memory. Wilfork and Mankins. And it wasn't huge money.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Is anyone else watching the Texas/OU game?
remind you of the DC doesnt it.. LOL MY HOrns i been callign

Dallas Longhorns vs my Texas Cowboys with Dak Ellinger vs Sam Prescott

they have symbiotic relationship it seems most recent years..

blueblood70

Reaction score
TEXAS HAS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OU missed their field goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UT is as frustrating as the Dcs they always make mistakes that get them behind then come storming back the last 5 mins and make you invested then lose more then they win..

Bad defense shaky OLs, a QB that neutralizes his great plays with bad plays..its lie they swap uniforms and play Saturday and Sunday

It like im watching same team ..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So a few things. This guy is a idiot.

He blames Dak because his lineman can't block his man. Insane.

Then he harped on about dropped interception and what ifs........

Why do these guys pretend like Dak is the only one who has interceptions dropped? How many interception does our secondary drop?

Mahomes had a few interceptions dropped in his game.......I don't understand why people gauge Dak unlike they do anyone else. Dak has to literally be perfect and even then if he was people would complain.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No we don’t ignore bad moves just because we already made the bad move.. We shine a light on it.

If we sign Dak to that awful deal we don’t ignore the awful deal.. We need to learn from mistakes because as good as Romo was for some reason we didn’t learn from signing him to that deal.

But Romo's deal wasn't why we sucked. Its like no accountability is given to the GM of this team......he's getting the pass for his mistakes because of the contract Romo got....even though there were far worse deals given out to other guys just like there is now. If Dak got a 40 million dollar deal...his deal won't be hurting them it will be Lawrence, Jaylon, etc.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I don’t want to hear any zeke excuses, I’m sick of them. I don’t care what kind of O line he has, a diva who sits out with 2 years left on his contract until he gets paid as the best and highest (pun intended) RB in the league then he shouldn’t need a top 5-10 O line to succeed. If zeke is as good as his jock sniffers say he is, he shouldn’t be dropping easy passes, leading the league in fumbles, and slipping in the end zone for safeties. He has had two decent games and two bad games, with his salary demands he should be a difference maker regardless of the O line.

Barkley had one of the worst O lines, if not the worst, his rookie year and put up incredible numbers. I don’t even think he fumbled the ball that year and not one time to any of zekes gan boys give Barkley the O line excuse. There are RB’s out there doing more with much worse O lines and they are later round draft picks or making a quarter of what zeke makes.

I’m not saying that the defense doesn’t suck or that Jaylon and Dlaw aren’t overpaid but for you to sit here and defend zeke’s play and claim “he’s done more than enough to win games” by using excuse after excuse is ridiculous. You need to stick the defense sucks narrative and quite defending an over rated, overpaid, RB who needs a top O line to be successful.
I didnt make a Zeke excuse....I stated a Zeke fact. I honestly didnt read anything after you stated that.

The offensive side of the ball is not perfect but they are contributing. I could take the top 11 posters on this forum and do what the Cowboys defense has done this season.

aria

Reaction score
I didnt make a Zeke excuse....I stated a Zeke fact. I honestly didnt read anything after you stated that.

The offensive side of the ball is not perfect but they are contributing. I could take the top 11 posters on this forum and do what the Cowboys defense has done this season.
Since you didn’t read anything after that I see this is pointless.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes.. This is a very simple way at looking at this and that’s not how someone like me looks at it..

I think most fans think... Zeke good pay Zeke..

Dak good pay Dak..

Defense bad fix defense..

But there are so many dynamics to all of this and we are putting all of our money in one area and wondering why the other area sucks.

Paying runningbacks is just stupid imo.

Paying QBs, even the truly elite guys, is not equaling success..

The Cowboys best chance going forward is to get rid of some of these guys IMO and hopefully get something for them in a trade but just getting cap space would allow us to rebuild this team.

Zeke, has been paid, so crying about it won't change anything. Dak, has not been paid, so crying about it won't change anything. Why keep bringing it up?

aria

Reaction score
Zeke, has been paid, so crying about it won't change anything. Dak, has not been paid, so crying about it won't change anything. Why keep bringing it up?
None of these threads will change anything so why have this site?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Sorry if repost..

I agree with his opinions.. I was anti pay Zeke... I am anti pay Dak.. I know some of you love this brand of football we play though.

10:30 mark he speaks about Zeke.. 17:00 minute mark he speaks about Dak.

I think the biggest win for Dallas this season would to be really really bad.. Like worst team in the league bad. By 2022 we would have a real chance again.

We’re about to be locked into mediocrity though. We’ll be the Houston Texans of the north.

You’re anti Cowboys who are you trying to kid. All you do is ***** and moan about this player, this coach hell everything

Tussinman

Reaction score
The Bears had 14 points through 3 quarters against the Bucs on Thursday night. They even threw an interception that gave the Bucs the ball at midfield resulting in a TD off of turnover. They only needed 6 points in the 4th to win the game.

For some reason many believe this team’s offense should click like Tecmo Bowl where we just constantly slice through defenses like they are melted butter. It’s not normal.
To be fair when you have 3x 1st round picks on the offensive line, 2x 1st round picks on recievers, a top 5 pick on RB, and QB your paying over 30 million dollars then yeah I don't blame them for thinking that this offense should power through people. That's a #%#% ton of capital spent on an offense that often starts way too slow

RonnieT24

Reaction score
To be fair when you have 3x 1st round picks on the offensive line, 2x 1st round picks on recievers, a top 5 pick on RB, and QB your paying over 30 million dollars then yeah I don't blame them for thinking that this offense should power through people. That's a #%#% ton of capital spent on an offense that often starts way too slow

But what if you only have 1 first round pick on the offensive line and replaced both your tackles with UDFA? Then what happens to that expectation?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I get having a higher expectation of the offense than the defense but JFC these guys want Madden rookie mode. We are tied for 12th highest scoring team in the 2nd quarter and tied for 6th highest scoring team in the 3rd quarter and many people are under the belief we don’t do anything until the 4th quarter when the opposing defense apparently just takes a knee and let’s us score.

And I know our fanbase isn’t this stupid. They have shown the ability to identify how an offense can’t be expected to be perfect overcoming a terrible defense since many of them blame the 2013 season entirely on the defense and that team had the majority of it’s resources spent on the offensive side of the ball too.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score

Cmon now, the endzone was very slippery in that game. Pollard on the previous play slipped in the endzone. Twice!