Zeke - playing him way too much!

bigE79

Reaction score
He’s useless I’m faster than him and I’m 40. San Fran d is a monster. Need speed and someone to hit hole hard. Play Davis instead - Zeke as deco and pass block only. STOP WITH THE ZEKE RUN UP MIDDLE!!!!
Just make him the fb,that's about all he is now.

quickccc

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't run the stretch play much at all. The stretch play attacks the defense straight ahead. The staple of the Cowboys offense is the delay handoff with the line slide stepping and the back gliding along parallel to the line of scrimmage then either exploding through the hole when it opens or cutting it back. I just don't that kind of change of direction will ever favor a big back like Zeke. It just seems as though he sacrificed his body for the betterment of the team to the detriment of his own career and body. I will always applaud guys for doing what he did.. and will never be willing to just shovel dirt over them or be in a hurry to cast them aside. If they can get Zeke back for a lower cap number he's the type of guy I will always want on my team.

Per the video link, If you take a closer look, you'll see how stretch run play " slants" across the line so it can spread and create cut back lanes.

Once the OL has done their job in engaging and trapping, it's up to the RB to quickly see-sense creases and openings and plant and push it to fifth gear
in and out of holes and into second level of defenders ...

Lumberers need not apply.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
He’s useless I’m faster than him and I’m 40. San Fran d is a monster. Need speed and someone to hit hole hard. Play Davis instead - Zeke as deco and pass block only. STOP WITH THE ZEKE RUN UP MIDDLE!!!!
Shannon sharpe said the same thing I say. It seems like zeke does t get the same blocking as pollard.