Twitter: Zeke posts on twitter in reply to official Cowboys tweet on Mike Weber

Proof

Reaction score
What is up with the angry emojis, Zeke? Holds out for his own selfish reasons, plus refuses to be happy for some good running by Mike Weber who also happens to be a Buckeye alumni of Zeke's.

think it’s more tongue in cheek / good natured like “wish that was me”.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The only reason I know it’s not
A negative is from seeing other NFL players use it, in clearly positive manners to encourage others to hype themselves up for games. I think the “hot boyz” used it quite a bit last year.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Like he took care of DeMarco?
Demarco had finished his 4th year, but only had 1 fully healthy season (his last). Cowboys offered him a new contract but less than what Demarco demanded. Demarco left on his own. Cowboys were willing to take care of him, but he left for more money elsewhere. That was on him, not the team. Zeke is still under contract.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Demarco had finished his 4th year, but only had 1 fully healthy season (his last). Cowboys offered him a new contract but less than what Demarco demanded. Demarco left on his own. Cowboys were willing to take care of him, but he left for more money elsewhere. That was on him, not the team. Zeke is still under contract.
Zeke is better than Dak!!! Y Que?

Tussinman

Reaction score
Not only that but

1. They offered him a 4 year extension after the 2013 season and he literally said "no I want to jack my value up/gamble this year".
and
2. Cowboys offer at the end of the 2014 season was exactly in line with the two other bidders at the time (Oakland and Jacksonville). Philly literally came out of nowhere and almost doubled what all 3 teams offered. There's nothing the cowboys can do when a front office/head coach that ended up FIRED does stupid impulse buying like that

glimmerman

Reaction score
Does anyone remember how that first year worked out for murray after he left and stole that money from the egirls..

HungryLion

Reaction score
Here’s the thing:

We have had many posters advocating that the cowboys “run Zeke into the ground” and then don’t resign him when his current contract is up.

that is a strategy that some people are openly advocating for the team to do, and there have been nfl teams who have done that to RB’s in the past.

Yet, some people are now surprised or upset when that RB holds out, to prevent that very thing from happening to him.

I’m frustrated by Zeke’s holdout too. And I don’t want him to miss games.

But I damn sure can’t blame him for not wanting to risk being run into the dirt and left on a scrap heap at the end of his rookie deal.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Here’s the thing:

We have had many posters advocating that the cowboys “run Zeke into the ground” and then don’t resign him when his current contract is up.

that is a strategy that some people are openly advocating for the team to do, and there have been nfl teams who have done that to RB’s in the past.

Yet, some people are now surprised or upset when that RB holds out, to prevent that very thing from happening to him.

But I damn sure can’t blame him for not wanting to risk being run into the dirt and left on a scrap heap at the end of his rookie deal.
:hammer:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here’s the thing:

He has to strike while the iron is hot. I don't blame him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Here’s the thing:

Quit making false excuses. Zeke is under contract for 2 more years, not 1.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Quit making false excuses. Zeke is under contract for 2 more years, not 1.
Did you quote the right person?

Where did I mention how many years are left on his deal?

And what excuse did I make? There is no “excuse” Zeke is making the choice he is making and using the negotiating tactic he is choosing to use.