Twitter: Zeke posts on twitter in reply to official Cowboys tweet on Mike Weber

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Even funnier seeing a bunch of middle aged men being openly hostile toward Zeke, as though he owes them something. They've taken a business dispute to which they're not a party, personalized it, and are calling him "childish", etc.. :muttley:

I don’t think that’s quite right. This isn’t just two parties that can’t reach agreement on a deal. This is one party refusing to honor a contract by which he is bound. Fans take it personally because it may well impact their team’s performance and hence their enjoyment of the coming season. There are all sorts of independent reasons for fans to think he’s childish. And now that he’s threatening (inappropriately) to harm them they’re calling him out on it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
7VccaVO.jpg

How messages were sent back in the good old days.

PS: Editing telegram images is hard work lol!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
"Man honors his contract"

Fans should have that same energy when teams cut players midway through their contract... lol

Exactly but it's no secret fans will support owner/management regardless. What's interesting, I read a tweet don't think for a second owner aren't aware, they have studies to prove it.

InTheZone

Reaction score
You don’t like it. Then go to your job. You get paid millions to work for some months out of the year. If you were getting tagged this year I would understand, even the 5th year.
To be fair they dont work just some months. They have to keep it up in the off-season. Sure we can look at football like it's simple, but have you actually ever took the physical abuse daily and maintained your shape/condition all year? Unless you were enlisted in the military I really dont know of a comparison for what is required. I can see it being mentally draining.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Not every player has guaranteed money and it's never the equivalent of the contract value. Just saying folks shouldn't be so absolute "Man honoring contracts" when owners don't.

Owners do. They have the contractual right to terminate the contracts when they do. That makes what they do a very different thing from refusing to perform the contract (a holdout).

People need to get past this obvious confusion. If owners honouring contracts required what you’re suggesting no team would ever be free to cut a player.

And frankly every player in the league understands that the only part of a contract they can bank on is the guaranteed portion. Any years that aren’t guaranteed amount to team options, which will be picked up only if the team expects the player’s performance to continue to justify the cost.

GMO415

Reaction score
EzE, reach under your skirt and grab a pair. Report back to TC.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

Fans should have that same energy when teams cut players midway through their contract... lol
I mean...I am really left speechless when I read the comments of fans. With all the evidence that shows the GROWING income disparity between Executives, CEOs, etc....and front like associates (which most of us are)....I am stunned on how quickly people jump to the defense of BILLIONAIRES!!! Hello folks....we are Zeke....the companies we work for are the Cowboys/Jerry Jones. These same companies...with board members pulling down millions...lay us off every day....and we don't like it. But now we are defending them because we love football?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I mean...I am really left speechless when I read the comments of fans. With all the evidence that shows the GROWING income disparity between Executives, CEOs, etc....and front like associates (which most of us are)....I am stunned on how quickly people jump to the defense of BILLIONAIRES!!! Hello folks....we are Zeke....the companies we work for are the Cowboys/Jerry Jones. These same companies...with board members pulling down millions...lay us off every day....and we don't like it. But now we are defending them because we love football?

I feel confident that this will all get worked out however football is unlike any business I have seen. Employees aka players often make more than the supervisor aka the HC. As for Jerry he has stuck by players even those whose off the field action have caused his business to suffer including sticking by Zeke. For all the crap Jerry takes one thing can't be denied he has done right by his players even at times when he shouldn't like Gregory.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

I agree, sort of. Don't players get the bulk of their contract via guaranteed in the beginning? So, it's not like they played and didn't get paid.

dfense

Reaction score
Maybe he's just indicating the he's ready to come back like a raging bull.
Like he did after the suspension. Talkin about a 200 yard game. "He'll be so fresh." Yeah, fresh for 70 yards. I'm excited to see some competition at the position. It's not all or Zeke. For one thing, they can find a real pecking order for 2nd and 3rd RB's.

John813

Reaction score

No one here cares about Jerry's bottom line. Or the billionaire owners pockets.
Hell some on here want him to die asap.

Fans on here care about the Cowboys, and the amount of cap space they have.
Cause it may or may not effect how good the team is.

Fact of most deals is that the player gets most of his guaranteed money up front in terms of a signing bonus and by the time the team cuts him, his true salary is far less than his cap hit.
Agents know too that their client won't be staying with that team for the majority of the contract either. It's about getting your money upfront.

Maybe we'll see real changes to the next CBA. Probably won't as the lesser known players will cave so they can get paid again.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Because he's still under contract for two more seasons. By the time he completes the two seasons, so long as he reports on time next year, he will be a UFA after the 2020 season.
People missing the forest for the trees.

If he misses the deadline Tuesday he HAS to report next year deal or not. Cowboys will still be able to franchise him and he'll have no leverage in the type of situation where players have their most leverage.

He's getting bad advice.

But maybe he realizes he has to force the issue since he hasn't been an efficient runner the last few years?

Jipper

Reaction score
Why did you post if you don’t care and worried about the guys camp? Doesn’t seem to make sense to me but hey not everything we do does.

I posted to state my postion and view.

I am sick of this entitled, moronic, self-centered,immature idiot that think he is more important than everyone else and above the rules....Dak and Coop have 1 year left on both of their contracts and you don't see this from them....and don't give me the "rb position is devalued....etc" junk....guy is going to make 12 million bucks over the next 2 years....don't want to? fine, sit at home buddy....

cowboys fans deserve better....

MarcusRock

Reaction score
LOL I love how Zeke was clearly showing love to a fellow Buckeye who’s having a good camp, and people on here think Zeke was “angry” at Weber’s success.

Generation gaps are fun.

I'm more amused by grown men throwing tantrums like toddlers and hoping for another's demise like mean girls in high school.