Twitter: Zeke predicted to win rushing title

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don’t care about rushing titles. I care about touchdowns. I care about yards that matter. What good is 100 yards when you lose 80 because you put the ball in the ground ground
I don’t either. Just looking for some positivity in this negative filled forum.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Comical take.

Never shown he’s capable of being an elite runner, lol?
Not sure why the insult but I’m assuming you’re position on this is that Pollard is an elite runner.

Ok. Would love to hear the argument for that.

I’ll take my position over yours and I’m sure the vast majority of people here would as well.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not really. There’s positives wherever you look if you’re that type of person.
Do you know what that tells me. Some people are just tunnel vision. They just can’t take an individual subject and keep it as it. I take everything out of the individual basis my cowboy brother.I see the positive in Jalen Smith. And I also see the negative. It just depends what questions you wanna ask me about him. But you’re absolutely right some people are going to see the negative no matter what.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is not as rare as you might think. There is actually a pretty good list of guys who had some of their best seasons after age 25.. beginning with Derrick Henry last year.. But to your point there is no question that wear and tear takes a toll as guys age in the game. Ironically getting hurt, missing time and having his lowest number of touches ever might have given Zeke's body a year off in terms of wear and tear. There is no question that he is going to slow down as he ages so he will have to adapt his game in order to continue to be effective. Ironically, running mostly inside and not dancing to the outside, one of the things he is often criticized for here is one of the things that will keep him employed in the NFL longer. If he is able to stay at or above 4.0 ypc and continue to be one of the best short yardage runners in the game as well as being the best blocking RB in the game will keep him getting paychecks into his 30's. I know that will anger the "I hate Zeke" crowd but that's the reality.
Sorry for late reply, Lots of work lately.

It isn't so much about age but carries for RBs. The RB who had these breakout seasons post 25 seldom had heavy early workloads.
I am rooting hard for Zeke to be the rarefied Emmitt type with longevity but it is rare.
He's up to over 1400 career carries.
Derrick Henry was at about 850 to start last year.

And it will also be interesting to see how long Henry keeps his reign up as current best RB which is a spot that seems hard to hold.
As a massive man that has track speed and size he offers little wiggle meaning as he slows even a step he becomes a big target for hits.
Those hits of course slow you down so it's a never ending grind.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He doesn’t tap out?
No more than any other RB.

% of offensive snaps played:

2020: 68%, 2nd
2019: 84%, 2nd
2018: 89%, 2nd

Total snaps played:

2020: 787, 1st
2019: 937, 2nd
2018: 893, 2nd

The guy plays more snaps than just about anybody at his position so, yes, it is a completely stupid narrative.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Without getting into the Zeke v Pollard stuff, Pollard is actually really good. Not overated at all.

He is tied with Henry for the best yards after contact average in the league and tied with Chubb for most broken tackles. He's has 4.8 yards per carry and 7 yards per reception. He's only fumbled once.

Our #2 has always looked like a stud. Until they assume the #1. Pollard didn't even start in college.

Playing #1 play after play game after game....and the blocking that is expected from our RB...Pollard is unproven in that regard.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe last year's team put up some of the best offensive numbers for a Cowboys' team. 7th Best in team history if I remember correctly. And that was with a depleted OL, backup QB, a RB on the decline, and a new HC.

Why pay a RB $15M if he is an abject failure without an All-Pro OL? The excuses just never stop for some players.
"abject failure"?

"without an "all pro line""? We go from "all pro line" to 4th stringers and you call him "abject failure". Dude. How about just a real STARTING line?...doesn't HAVE to be "all pro".

But we have actually never seen one of those so you are WAY off in your rationalizing your hate.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
"abject failure"?

"without an "all pro line""? We go from "all pro line" to 4th stringers and you call him "abject failure". Dude. How about just a real STARTING line?...doesn't HAVE to be "all pro".

But we have actually never seen one of those so you are WAY off in your rationalizing your hate.

7th Best offense in team history if I remember correctly. Knight and Steele were more than adequate last year. Dalton was more than adequate.

Low Key Fade was an abject failure last year.

Who did Henry have blocking for him last year? Who did the Titans have as WRs to keep teams from loading the box? Who did Henry have handing him the ball?

How about we hold players accountable? Especially those making $15M. Or do we continue with excuse after excuse.

quickccc

Reaction score
Unless this offense becomes an very rare and unique Indy Peyton type offense where you have
both a master passing game (per Peyton Manning),,, combining with a league leading rusher (per Edgrin James) ..i cannot see our offense leading the league in rushing.

Its' not totally out of the question -per Indy example,, but i don't think Zeke will have those yesterday years total amount of carry numbers; and be the grinding out, ball control, rushing team
of the yesterday years of Zeke- running team like Tennessee (Henry) ..and Cleveland (Chubb)

I have doubts and skeptical that we will Not be an versatile, creatively designed scheme running team under Kellen Moore to lead the NFL
to surpass those 2 aforementioned teams.
However we still should be among the top 5 NFL teams in rushing yards, ..as what we were in Kellen's rookie year as the OC in 2019, - when we were 5th in NFL in rushing.
when we had Tyron for majority of year, and Collin putting in a solid season, with Columbo the OL coach..
o_O

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Our #2 has always looked like a stud. Until they assume the #1. Pollard didn't even start in college.

Playing #1 play after play game after game....and the blocking that is expected from our RB...Pollard is unproven in that regard.

He'd be fine for the 20 attempts he would get as a lead back in this offence.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Not sure why the insult but I’m assuming you’re position on this is that Pollard is an elite runner.

Ok. Would love to hear the argument for that.

I’ll take my position over yours and I’m sure the vast majority of people here would as well.

Your claim is that he hasn’t shown he’s an elite runner. What’s comical is that you think he’s been given an apples-to-apples platform to show whether he is or isn’t.

All he’s done is produce when he has touched the ball and that has somehow been overlooked or dismissed.

Here’s a question for you. What has Zeke shown recently that demonstrates he’s an “elite” running back?

Here’s a hint: if you have to go back to 2016 or project what you think he would have done in 2017, I don’t want to hear about it.

Zeke is a good all-around RB. That said, I do not think he’s special dynamic player with the ball in his hands.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
7th Best offense in team history if I remember correctly. Knight and Steele were more than adequate last year. Dalton was more than adequate.

Low Key Fade was an abject failure last year.

Who did Henry have blocking for him last year? Who did the Titans have as WRs to keep teams from loading the box? Who did Henry have handing him the ball?

How about we hold players accountable? Especially those making $15M. Or do we continue with excuse after excuse.

They had their starters you can bet on that.

"7th best offense ever"? Well...I dunno... but whatever. Lost a lot of games, not all of it on defense.

We were K and S "adequate"? Well okay then. (rolls eyes). Andy was no big threat.

Like it or not, zeke was the threat....made easier by no o-line, no QB. "Stop zeke stop Dallas".

"hold players accountable"?
Had covid
Decimated o-line
Lost dak
lost Andy
suspect OC (who couldn't make the team as a bench QB, lone holdover from fired HC))
New HC.

Excuses, you say. Sure bud. okay. :facepalm:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Last year was bad for him. Show me you can do it and I'll praise him more than others like I did before.