Twitter: Zeke predicted to win rushing title

Rayman70

Reaction score
Unfortunately there are too many who want to point to the fact that he did NOT win a rushing title as an excuse to carry on about his contract. Like Jerry is passing the hat to them to help pay it. It's a weird deal.
yup I agree. Got no issue with his contract. He has been durable. Now all I care about is him starting fast and finishing strong toward a playoff push. If he can do that, everything else is moot.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think the key is getting Pollard a few more totes to spell him some. Keep him fresh for the stretch run.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think the key is getting Pollard a few more totes to spell him some. Keep him fresh for the stretch run.

Yeah if there is not a significant dropoff when Pollard is in there spelling Zeke is a good strategy. I assume this year being his third, Pollard will have gotten to the point were he can at least hold his own in blitz pickup. Getting him 10-12 touches a game should be in every game plan. However if Zeke gets rollin we do NOT need to be taking him out of the game in the red zone.. I don't care if he does tap his helmet. Running backs become more instinctive as they get a little tired so leaving Zeke in even though his tongue is hangin out might not be a bad idea. And of course continually shifting Zeke to wide receiver in the red zone should result in Moore receiving death threats.. He's got to utilize his weapons better.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I don’t get the fascination with Pollard

I get that he’s “the other guy”, which is enough for some to buy into the “I loved him when” aspect, but he’s a good backup, nothing more. Never showed he’s capable of being an elite runner.

I’m happy to have him but I think he’s overrated here at CZ.
He's done fine when called upon.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah if there is not a significant dropoff when Pollard is in there spelling Zeke is a good strategy. I assume this year being his third, Pollard will have gotten to the point were he can at least hold his own in blitz pickup. Getting him 10-12 touches a game should be in every game plan. However if Zeke gets rollin we do NOT need to be taking him out of the game in the red zone.. I don't care if he does tap his helmet. Running backs become more instinctive as they get a little tired so leaving Zeke in even though his tongue is hangin out might not be a bad idea. And of course continually shifting Zeke to wide receiver in the red zone should result in Moore receiving death threats.. He's got to utilize his weapons better.
great point for sure. When Zeke gets rollin, I hate it when he takes himself off the field sometimes, and it seems like he does that too often. I dont wanna see that either. I guess its a catch 22. lol. We need to find a happy medium. As long as he starts the year off with some pep and stays consistent, we ought to be good, but again, alot of that may depend on Pollard getting in there and having some success. We could be unstoppable if we develop a two headed monster on the ground.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He's done fine when called upon.

Not always. Since coming to Dallas Pollard has had more games with less than 3 yards per carry than the guy he's being touted to replace. He's had some splashy games but mostly he's been a non-factor. I do think he has room to grow and get better though. Hopefully he gets to where he is close to Zeke in terms of consistency in gaining positive yards. If get does that we will have the best of both worlds.. A workhorse who can tote it 30 times if asked and a change of pace back who can give you 2nd and 6 instead of 2nd and 12 more often than not.. and can still sprinkle in a big play or two every game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
great point for sure. When Zeke gets rollin, I hate it when he takes himself off the field sometimes, and it seems like he does that too often. I dont wanna see that either. I guess its a catch 22. lol. We need to find a happy medium. As long as he starts the year off with some pep and stays consistent, we ought to be good, but again, alot of that may depend on Pollard getting in there and having some success. We could be unstoppable if we develop a two headed monster on the ground.

I didn't really think he did it "too much" until last year.. and I am happy to give him a "Covid pass" for being easily fatigued last year. Because impaired lung capacity is one of the symptoms of the disease he may simply have been one of t hose who never got into "top shape" after contracting it. With that now over a year in the rear view mirror coupled with a more normal offseason I am hoping he is past all that.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Just only gone thru the first 2 pages but I can't believe I am saying this, I miss Aria ranting about Zeke, those threads are not the same without him. Putting out a All Points Bulletin for "Aria the madman on Zeke".

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The only thing that might slow down Henry is that he's coming off a season where he carried the ball 378 times. He didn't have much wear and tear his first couple of years, but the last couple he's been over the 300 mark. Physical backs have trouble maintaining that from year to year. Elliott's workload last year was light in comparison (244 carries).

I won't be surprised if neither leads the league. It's a hard thing to continue repeating as the league leader.

Yeah, but it's not necessarily a single season total that gets RBs. Cumulative totals do.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I like him as the little Brother
But Let the big Dogs Do , What big dogs do
lets go back to the Hambrick Days oh, happy happy joy joy

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah, but it's not necessarily a single season total that gets RBs. Cumulative totals do.

There was some study done not long ago which showed that backs who exceed some threshold of touches, I think it was 400, tended to fall off precipitously the year following. Henry fell 3 shy of 400 last year with 378 carries and 19 catches. But if you add in the playoffs he had 21 more touches which pushes him over the top. It will be interesting to see if he suffers any sort of drop off.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I'm not sure on that. I think either can have an effect. After carrying a heavy load for a season, a back can drop off for a down season and come back strong. I'm not sure Henry is that kind of back, though. I see him going strong for several seasons and then just falling off a cliff. Usually, the cliff follows several minor but nagging injuries that start cropping up.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm not sure on that. I think either can have an effect. After carrying a heavy load for a season, a back can drop off for a down season and come back strong. I'm not sure Henry is that kind of back, though. I see him going strong for several seasons and then just falling off a cliff. Usually, the cliff follows several minor but nagging injuries that start cropping up.

Henry's game is predicated on his line and OC's ability to get him one on one with guys who are smaller than him. His line has done a WONDERFUL job getting him to the second level the last two seasons. He had almost as many yards before contact last year as Zeke had total. He averaged 2.5 yards before contact. I think Zeke and Pollard were at 1.8 or less. And I guarantee our guys got hit in the backfield at a much higher rate .. With a guy like him you better get him before he gets up a head of steam or you got problems.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He will need to average 25 carries per game to average 100 yards in a game. He would need to play in all 17 to get 1700 yards. Given the number of times he taps out after a little 10 yard gain, I would not bet on him. About 10 RBs would have to get hurt first for him to be in the running. And he would have to give up the low key fading, which he can’t.

If we are lucky, Pollard will get a fair chance and true competition as starter.
This remains the absolute dumbest thing that Cowboys fans say.

Big_D

Reaction score
They better be moving to a committee. It's crazy that some still think this clown carrying the load is going to pay off and actually think a rushing title means anything. It will likely mean they still can't win in January.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I don’t care about rushing titles. I care about touchdowns. I care about yards that matter. What good is 100 yards when you lose 80 because you put the ball in the ground ground

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don’t get the fascination with Pollard

I get that he’s “the other guy”, which is enough for some to buy into the “I loved him when” aspect, but he’s a good backup, nothing more. Never showed he’s capable of being an elite runner.

I’m happy to have him but I think he’s overrated here at CZ.

Comical take.

Never shown he’s capable of being an elite runner, lol?