Zeke Questions Critics Football IQ in Regards to Week 1 Performace

dcstar

Reaction score
My response to Mr Elliott? You quit when the going gets tough as seen many times. Look at the tape.

Go Cowboys!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I really wish MM would take over play calling at least in the red zone.
It might not even be a Moore issue. Might be a issue with personnel....and do we know if Prescott is checking out of plays in the redzone? I'd have to assume he is if he doesn't like the defense he sees.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It might not even be a Moore issue. Might be a issue with personnel....and do we know if Prescott is checking out of plays in the redzone? I'd have to assume he is if he doesn't like the defense he sees.

Given the number of times we break the huddle and are in 5 wide empty backfield I would seriously doubt if Dak is doing it a lot. I just think Moore does not want to run the ball and Dak, being a quarterback wants to pass anyway so when the play comes in pass Dak is as happy as anybody in the stadium. At some point we're going to have to learn to play big boy football in the red zone or this season is going to look a lot like the last two.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Given the number of times we break the huddle and are in 5 wide empty backfield I would seriously doubt if Dak is doing it a lot. I just think Moore does not want to run the ball and Dak, being a quarterback wants to pass anyway so when the play comes in pass Dak is as happy as anybody in the stadium. At some point we're going to have to learn to play big boy football in the red zone or this season is going to look a lot like the last two.
Ehh that seems extreme I don't recall them in 5 wide last game with the redzone issues.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Moore put Jarwin in on that play to zeke last week. Moore is the problem in the RZ. Fans here know Jarwin CANT BLOCK.

Cmac

Reaction score
Bake Jarwin you're good.....you get a pass on this board about blocking.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Moore put Jarwin in on that play to zeke last week. Moore is the problem in the RZ. Fans here know Jarwin CANT BLOCK.
Yeah but even the worst blocker in the world should've been able to make that block. If Jarwin can't make that block he's not cut out for the NFL.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Ehh that seems extreme I don't recall them in 5 wide last game with the redzone issues.

Okay that's a fair challenge so I was forced to go back and look at it..

Here are the snaps in the red zone..

2nd quarter 6:52 3rd and 3 at the 13 yard line.. we break the huddle empty backfield 5 wide . Dak waves Zeke to join him at 15 seconds left on the play clock. 4 wide incomplete pass.
2nd quarter 5:00 1st and 10 at the 12 yard line . slot left, Zeke in the backfield 4 wide Dak scrambles for 7.
2nd quarter 4:25 2nd and 3 at the 5 yard line. Zeke in the backfield.. 4 wide bad snap.. Dak throws TD.
2nd quarter 3:36 2nd and 6 at the 17 .. slot right 4 wide. incomplete pass
2nd quarter 3:26 3rd and 6 at the 17.. 5 wide empty backfield incomplete pass
3rd quarter 12:00 1st and 10 at the 18 .. 2 backs in the backfield.. swing pass to Pollard
3rd quarter 11:27 2nd and 4 at the 12 .. one back 4 wide back shoulder to Coop for first down
3rd quarter 11:07 1st and goal at the 8 .. one back 4 wide QB draw for 3
3rd quarter 10:51 2nd and goal at the 5 .. one back 4 wide swing pass to Zeke
3rd quarter 10:20 3rd and goal at the 2 .. one back slot right TE unbalance left failed option pitch..

That's 10 snaps in the red zone and basically one run with Zeke.. an option pitch.. Only one run heavy formation which we threw out of.. Every other one had at least 4 wide ... These offensive alignments clearly indicate no desire to run down close whatsoever..

My problem with these formations is they declare right off the bat "we're passing." We tell the defense immediately that they can pretty much ignore the run and come after our QB.. If Zeke had been stopped for losses repeatedly I could see this approach.. but the option pitch play was the ONLY running play that lost yardage all game.

phildadon86

Reaction score

2nd quarter 6:52 3rd and 3 at the 13 yard line.. we break the huddle empty backfield 5 wide . Dak waves Zeke to join him at 15 seconds left on the play clock. 4 wide incomplete pass.
2nd quarter 5:00 1st and 10 at the 12 yard line . slot left, Zeke in the backfield 4 wide Dak scrambles for 7.
2nd quarter 4:25 2nd and 3 at the 5 yard line. Zeke in the backfield.. 4 wide bad snap.. Dak throws TD.
3rd quarter 12:00 1st and 10 at the 18 .. 2 backs in the backfield.. swing pass to Pollard
3rd quarter 11:27 2nd and 4 at the 12 .. one back 4 wide back shoulder to Coop for first down
3rd quarter 10:20 3rd and goal at the 2 .. one back slot right TE unbalance left failed option pitch..

That's 10 snaps in the red zone and basically one run with Zeke.. an option pitch.. Only one run heavy formation which we threw out of.. Every other one had at least 4 wide ... These offensive alignments clearly indicate no desire to run down close whatsoever..

My problem with these formations is they declare right off the bat "we're passing." We tell the defense immediately that they can pretty much ignore the run and come after our QB.. If Zeke had been stopped for losses repeatedly I could see this approach.. but the option pitch play was the ONLY running play that lost yardage all game.
Yup!. Moore doesnt like to run in the RZ. People will blame Dak but as you pointed out. Look at the formations we are coming out in. Why not come out with Pollard and Zeke on the field and make the D think?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

In 4 wide you can still run the football.....there's nothing that says you can't. That's where creativity comes in. Putting guys in motion, throwing the defense off. Just lining up and running a draw with Zeke ain't gonna cut it in 2021.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
He can't help his boyfriend checked out of all those running plays to make it all about himself.

Good thing he did. Zeke is washed up and ineffective. Can't even make one guy miss in the open field any longer. A $90million spare.

jnday

Reaction score
I get. Zeke is a great blocker and we're lucky to have a RB that can block as well as him, but he's being paid to a good runner of the football. If we wanted another blocker than we could have used his money for offensive line help.

It just seems like we have the most sensitive group of guys in the NFL. It seems they're babied so much within the organization that any bit of outside criticism just hurts them to the core.
Instead of using the criticism for motivation to prove the critics wrong, they had rather pout about it.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I get. Zeke is a great blocker and we're lucky to have a RB that can block as well as him, but he's being paid to a good runner of the football. If we wanted another blocker than we could have used his money for offensive line help.

It just seems like we have the most sensitive group of guys in the NFL. It seems they're babied so much within the organization that any bit of outside criticism just hurts them to the core.
He did what the plays they called required him to do block 50 times

RonnieT24

Reaction score
In 4 wide you can still run the football.....there's nothing that says you can't. That's where creativity comes in. Putting guys in motion, throwing the defense off. Just lining up and running a draw with Zeke ain't gonna cut it in 2021.

Yes you can still run in 4 wide.. however in going 4 wide you've already allowed the defensive front to have a 2 man advantage. You have 5 blockers and they have 3 down linemen and 4 backers. If you do run against that you look stupid because the two free runners blow up the running play. So you've pretty much made it impossible to run the ball by your own alignment. That's probably why Dak DID audible out of 12 running plays.. If you come to the line and see the defense has your blockers outnumbered 7 to 5 you don't really have a lot of choices in the run game. But that was by choice... and I think it was wrong.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
He can't help his boyfriend checked out of all those running plays to make it all about himself.
This was one of Romos flaws in his mid playing days. Once he realized he didn't have to do it all we had a real chance but his health and a non catch ruined the chance.