Zeke should be cut

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Rico, Freeman, and Deuce trio is fine by me.

Zeke is too slow now and hasn’t been a great receiving back in the pros. What has he done to not have to prove himself in the preseason?
He's best buds with #4, that goes a long way, and he's a fan favorite for what he's done PREVIOUSLY here! There's nothing else that I can think of to keep him here at all!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have not, and will not see Zeke play yet until week one.

Zeke has benefice catching passes out of the back field. And he is not too slow. He can't break the very long runs. But how often do you see even the fastest RB's go for 50 plus yards. Not as often as some make it put to be.

Zeke will surprise this year, if they do not over use him.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have not, and will not see Zeke play yet until week one.

Zeke has benefice catching passes out of the back field. And he is not too slow. He can't break the very long runs. But how often do you see even the fastest RB's go for 50 plus yards. Not as often as some make it put to be.

Zeke will surprise this year, if they do not over use him.
Have you seen our passes to the flats for him, he usually gets bail out passes from Dak in which Dak should have just thrown the ball away! Zeke gets like 1 yard if that, it's a useless pass play. You're right he may surprise us with 39 TD's and 142 yards for the season!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's best buds with #4, that goes a long way, and he's a fan favorite for what he's done PREVIOUSLY here! There's nothing else that I can think of to keep him here at all!
You don't like getting 1st downs in short yardage situations? To keep drives alive.
You don't like getting TD's from the goal line?
You don't like better pass protection giving Dak more time in the pocket?

Last year they missed those 12 TD's from the previous years.

Sandyf

Reaction score
The Rico, Freeman, and Deuce trio is fine by me.

Zeke is too slow now and hasn’t been a great receiving back in the pros. What has he done to not have to prove himself in the preseason?
Bit early to say anything about Zeke. Has looked great in practice and like most starters, he isn't going to play in preseason games.

He is also our best blitz protector for the QB. Those other 3 have played well against backups.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you seen our passes to the flats for him, he usually gets bail out passes from Dak in which Dak should have just thrown the ball away! Zeke gets like 1 yard if that, it's a useless pass play. You're right he may surprise us with 39 TD's and 142 yards for the season!
Better blocking and play calling will eliminate that. Not all on Zeke.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Deuce,IF he can get the reps and stay healthy, gives us an X factor at rb. We saw a sampling of that last night. He looks close to breaking one off every other time he touches the rock. I think they might use him as RB 2 more than we think. I am not sure where Zeke fits in at on the team. He and Royce are pretty much the same player at this juncture. Can Rico stay healthy all year? He hasn't thus far in his career. I feel Maliek Davis will be cut first. Snoop Connor is a PS candidate. I like his shiftiness and power. Plays hard. Davis has no juice. We simply dunno how Zeke will fit in.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You don't like getting 1st downs in short yardage situations? To keep drives alive.

I like all of that, but there has to come a time that others have to step up and man the role and also bring something to the offense that helps move our drives better. Pass blocking etc is essential/short yardage help, I get all of that. Are we supposed to keep zeke for the rest of his life because he does these things well????

ShiningStar

Reaction score
a lot of fans are still not getting it. I tell myself, one day i ll be 6 foot. Now we all know i can never be 6 foot, but i tell myself that for hope. A lot of fans are still thinking Dallas wants to make something of this year. They have told you to your face thats not the case, many many many many many many times. HAnging on to Zeke makes sense once you realize this. Its just a jersey , comfort, hang out buddy type of deal. Jerry just wants to prove to the fans he knows how to win a Super Bowl, and this is like , what? year 28, 29 of showing us he can do it.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score

Is Zeke the only RB in the NFL that can do those things?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like all of that, but there has to come a time that others have to step up and man the role and also bring something to the offense that helps move our drives better. Pass blocking etc is essential/short yardage help, I get all of that. Are we supposed to keep zeke for the rest of his life because he does these things well????
No, they need to address this next year, should have this year. But Zeke is the best option, unless one of the other RB's step up.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is Zeke the only RB in the NFL that can do those things?
Exact same thing I'm thinking, someone else has to come along and be able to do it, they may not be as good but hey it's a part of being a RB. To be honest it seemed that zeke lost a step the last season he was here in pass pro