Zeke should be cut

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If Zeke's only role is short yardage, they can get that out of Royce Freeman, who by the way will help on special teams.

In that case Zeke would be a waste of a roster spot. Right now I think this team would be fine with Dowdle, Freeman, Vaughn, and also Luepke as the hybrid back.

starfan1

Reaction score
Cutting Zeke would be a smart thing to do. But their not smart.
Cut him for who? Whats your replacement plans?

Mighty Mouse? (Vaughn)

RB is probably the weakest position group we have outside of DT you don’t cut dare I say it the best 1 or at very least the 2nd best one

glimmerman

Reaction score
We have not, and will not see Zeke play yet until week one.

Zeke has benefice catching passes out of the back field. And he is not too slow. He can't break the very long runs. But how often do you see even the fastest RB's go for 50 plus yards. Not as often as some make it put to be.

Zeke will surprise this year, if they do not over use him.
He will be fully healed. And if our O-Line is good then we should have a run game this year..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zeke is too slow now and hasn’t been a great receiving back in the pros. What has he done to not have to prove himself in the preseason?
Where have you been? He set a Cowboys RB record with 77 catches a few years ago for just under 600 yards and 3 TDs. He’s been a very good receiving RB over his career. Some of his biggest plays have come as a receiver. Last season in a limited role with New England he had 51 catches for over 300 yards and 2 TDs. He’s going to have a big role in our running game this season. It would be stupid to play him in preseason and get him injured, especially at this stage in his career. The Cowboys haven’t played any of their primary veteran players in preseason.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Just for this I hope he has an all pro year and is a candidate for MVP just so I can smile at how you are losing it
How am I "losing it?" By providing an opinion on a football forum? Some of y'all are super weird.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Really? Did he help in the SF game the prior year? The game that was winnable?
Pollard went out and Zeke had no response
grading anyone on one game is questionable.
IF he can still grind it out and pick up the blitz and catch for decent yards then he is a valuable player still

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I love those that when someone disagrees with them thinks they are dumb
just tells me who the stupid is
You literally just told me I was "losing it" by giving an opinion on a player. You’re missing a few cards in your deck.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Rico, Freeman, and Deuce trio is fine by me.

Zeke is too slow now and hasn’t been a great receiving back in the pros. What has he done to not have to prove himself in the preseason?
wth? He has not even played a game yet this season!