Zeke - The Enigma

Verdict

Reaction score
You would be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of Elliott's ability and what he brings to the Cowboys---on the field, than me. He brings a dimension to this offense that can't be duplicated by very many players. Maybe none.

Having said that, the more we find out about Zeke, the more that taking him with the 4th overall pick, looked like a very risky proposition for the Cowboys' organization. He has admired to using drugs while at Ohio State. That's a huge red flag for the 4th overall pick.

If we can keep him out of the ditch then it will have been a great use of the pick. If he becomes Randy Gregory (and it may be just a matter of time) then it will be a huge catastrophe.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You would be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of Elliott's ability and what he brings to the Cowboys---on the field, than me. He brings a dimension to this offense that can't be duplicated by very many players. Maybe none.

Having said that, the more we find out about Zeke, the more that taking him with the 4th overall pick, looked like a very risky proposition for the Cowboys' organization. He has admired to using drugs while at Ohio State. That's a huge red flag for the 4th overall pick.

If we can keep him out of the ditch then it will have been a great use of the pick. If he becomes Randy Gregory (and it may be just a matter of time) then it will be a huge catastrophe.
Im pretty sure most high profile college athletes do/did the stuff Zeke did.

One of the greatest Cowboys ever (the Playmaker) was hardly a saint off the field, but he was still a great player regardless...

Verdict

Reaction score

One of the greatest Cowboys ever (the Playmaker) was hardly a saint off the field, but he was still a great player regardless...

I doubt Michael Irvin could stay eligible to play in today's NFL. Those days are long gone.

erod

Reaction score

Not at Zeke's every day frequency level. He's legendary at Ohio State for partying.

And Irvin came before smart phones and social media.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Agreed for most part. He smoked some weed in college, that doesn't bother me, but the guy is a magnet for trouble.

He really needs a wake up call or quicker path to maturity, at the very least.

haleyrules

Reaction score

You ain't kidding. Elliott is problematic. Then FO needs to step in, like they did with Bryant, and help this boy....fly straight.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Another grandstanding thread. Please you could put this in any one of many threads about Zeke just like I could've not said anything.