Zeke - The Enigma

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
From what I have read my impression is that Ezekiel Elliott liked to party in college like many men and women liked to party in college. He was attracted to many women and had sex with many women in college.

I've never believed in the 'friends with benefits' concept because sooner or later one of the people involved is going to get their feelings hurt and it will end up in disaster. According to the Florida police officer, Thompson told him that they were friends with benefits. In my experience, usually this is something the male pushes for and the female will try to convince herself that it is okay, but when the rubber hits the road the female usually cannot handle it.

I think Elliott had a hard time pushing her away, at first, because he liked having sex with her. Then when he noticed she was a total lunatic and tried to have him arrested for hitting her in Florida...afterward she notified him that she was pregnant. Then he didn't want to shut her off for good since she was allegedly carrying his child. And then he didn't want to do that after she allegedly had an abortion. Even though he wanted the 'friends with benefits' lifestyle with her, it's obvious that he did care for her and asking for her to have an abortion and then dumping her is probably something he didn't feel was a nice thing to do.

What I find with the Cowboys, whether it's a player, coach, philosophy or the organization as a whole is that usually the hysteria revolves around something that is common with every team in the NFL. There are always some things in the NFL that I wouldn't characterize as a positive or at least are not characterized as positive by the masses. But with the Cowboys that issue tends to get exposed and because the Cowboys are involved it suddenly gets blown up into this media hysteria and everybody views it as this negative...but with the idea that it's only the Cowboys that do it.

Whether it's players missing meetings, 'hazing' rituals, making a rookie pay for an exorbitant food bill, etc...this stuff goes around on virtually every team in the league.

For EE, he parties a lot. He sleeps around with a lot of women. He was in a complicated situation with a woman that I wonder about her mental health. He did drugs, other than marijuana, in college. He had a teammate (former) who got involved with one of his girls.

But every single team has these players and has these issues.

The drug policies in the NCAA are extremely lax and you can rest assure that numerous other players on the Cowboys and numerous other players on every team have used drugs other than marijuana while they were in college. I remember Dwayne Bowe discussing how women would specifically find out the hotel room he was staying in and would recite what his current contract was and what his signing bonus was. And I have friend who used to work for the media in Detroit and told me about the love triangle issue there was with Roy Williams, Shaun Rogers and another player (forget the name) over 1 girl. And by judging how the NFL and the media handles things...it's okay for Rob Gronkowski to act like an immature child when it comes to women.

It's not so much that EE has 'growing up to do.' Every 22 year old has 'growing up to do.' But, it's about him having to learn how to choose the people he associates with, including women, more wisely. I don't think in EE's wildest dreams...even in most NFL players' wildest dreams...that he would have come across such a psycho gold digger as Tiffany Thompson. But it's always that possibility that those types of people are out there and you need to develop an ability to snuff those people out of your inner circle and if you get fooled again, learn how to excommunicate them from your life.

We've seen that our society learned nothing from the Duke lacrosse scandal. Too many men don't care or are still willing to give TT the benefit of the doubt despite the mountain of evidence that shows she cannot be trusted. Too many women automatically believe the female in a domestic violence accusation no matter what. And the NFL will always play the PR game regardless of what is right or wrong.

Too many people will find fault with the man for sticking around with the false accuser, but do not apply that logic when an accuser sticks around with a man (and in this case...stalks her accused abuser). Too many people will just say 'eh, just take your punishment now and be over with it.' And far too many people will use whatever indiscretions you have had, regardless if they had anything to do with the case, against you.

It's all yours to lose and there are plenty of cretins, man haters, Cowboys haters, media opportunists, etc. that will do whatever they want to take advantage and ruin your career. Even though it's not 'right', that's the reality.

YR

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
From what I have read my impression is that Ezekiel Elliott liked to party in college like many men and women liked to party in college. He was attracted to many women and had sex with many women in college.

I've never believed in the 'friends with benefits' concept because sooner or later one of the people involved is going to get their feelings hurt and it will end up in disaster. According to the Florida police officer, Thompson told him that they were friends with benefits. In my experience, usually this is something the male pushes for and the female will try to convince herself that it is okay, but when the rubber hits the road the female usually cannot handle it.

I think Elliott had a hard time pushing her away, at first, because he liked having sex with her. Then when he noticed she was a total lunatic and tried to have him arrested for hitting her in Florida...afterward she notified him that she was pregnant. Then he didn't want to shut her off for good since she was allegedly carrying his child. And then he didn't want to do that after she allegedly had an abortion. Even though he wanted the 'friends with benefits' lifestyle with her, it's obvious that he did care for her and asking for her to have an abortion and then dumping her is probably something he didn't feel was a nice thing to do.

What I find with the Cowboys, whether it's a player, coach, philosophy or the organization as a whole is that usually the hysteria revolves around something that is common with every team in the NFL. There are always some things in the NFL that I wouldn't characterize as a positive or at least are not characterized as positive by the masses. But with the Cowboys that issue tends to get exposed and because the Cowboys are involved it suddenly gets blown up into this media hysteria and everybody views it as this negative...but with the idea that it's only the Cowboys that do it.

Whether it's players missing meetings, 'hazing' rituals, making a rookie pay for an exorbitant food bill, etc...this stuff goes around on virtually every team in the league.

For EE, he parties a lot. He sleeps around with a lot of women. He was in a complicated situation with a woman that I wonder about her mental health. He did drugs, other than marijuana, in college. He had a teammate (former) who got involved with one of his girls.

The drug policies in the NCAA are extremely lax and you can rest assure that numerous other players on the Cowboys and numerous other players on every team have used drugs other than marijuana while they were in college. I remember Dwayne Bowe discussing how women would specifically find out the hotel room he was staying in and would recite what his current contract was and what his signing bonus was. And I have friend who used to work for the media in Detroit and told me about the love triangle issue there was with Roy Williams, Shaun Rogers and another player (forget the name) over 1 girl. And by judging how the NFL and the media handles things...it's okay for Rob Gronkowski to act like an immature child when it comes to women.

It's not so much that EE has 'growing up to do.' Every 22 year old has 'growing up to do.' But, it's about him having to learn how to choose the people he associates with, including women, more wisely. I don't think in EE's wildest dreams...even in most NFL players' wildest dreams...that he would have come across such a psycho gold digger as Tiffany Thompson. But it's always that possibility that those types of people are out there and you need to develop an ability to snuff those people out of your inner circle and if you get fooled again, learn how to excommunicate them from your life.

We've seen that our society learned nothing from the Duke lacrosse scandal. Too many men don't care or are still willing to give TT the benefit of the doubt despite the mountain of evidence that shows she cannot be trusted. Too many women automatically believe the female in a domestic violence accusation no matter what. And the NFL will always play the PR game regardless of what is right or wrong.

Too many people will find fault with the man for sticking around with the false accuser, but do not apply that logic when an accuser sticks around with a man (and in this case...stalks her accused abuser). Too many people will just say 'eh, just take your punishment now and be over with it.' And far too many people will use whatever indiscretions you have had, regardless if they had anything to do with the case, against you.

It's all yours to lose and there are plenty of cretins, man haters, Cowboys haters, media opportunists, etc. that will do whatever they want to take advantage and ruin your career. Even though it's not 'right', that's the reality.

YR
:clap::clap::clap:

haleyrules

Reaction score

YR
Too long a post for us drunks to read. I am sure its good though!!

jlust22

Reaction score
I don't know that he's an enigma. He's just full throttle on and off the field. He's clearly a very heavy partier. He enjoys the privileges that come with being a huge star and enjoys the nightlife. I'm sure he's used to being coddled and doing what he wants since he was a huge star in high school, college and now the pros. It's hard for 22 year to handle all that's thrown at him.

Some do like it appears Dak does and others have a different mindset. Dak clearly knows what it means to be the Cowboys QB and will reap the benefits of it marketing wise. Zeke clearly doesn't care since he's not getting any endorsements any time soon. Plenty of time for him to change his image if he cares or maybe he's content being a bad *** RB and partying his *** off too.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I don't know that he's an enigma. He's just full throttle on and off the field. He's clearly a very heavy partier. He enjoys the privileges that come with being a huge star and enjoys the nightlife. I'm sure he's used to being coddled and doing what he wants since he was a huge star in high school, college and now the pros. It's hard for 22 year to handle all that's thrown at him.

Some do like it appears Dak does and others have a different mindset. Dak clearly knows what it means to be the Cowboys QB and will reap the benefits of it marketing wise. Zeke clearly doesn't care since he's not getting any endorsements any time soon. Plenty of time for him to change his image if he cares or maybe he's content being a bad *** RB and partying his *** off too.
He has only his rookie contract in big D. After that watch out. Prescott has a real football future.

erod

Reaction score
Agreed for most part. He smoked some weed in college, that doesn't bother me, but the guy is a magnet for trouble.

He really needs a wake up call or quicker path to maturity, at the very least.
The weed doesn't bother me. The cocaine and Urban Meyer confronting him and his dad about his constant drinking is more concerning.