Zeke to attend hearing in Texas today per Schefter

jwitten82

Reaction score
And what time? Come on Schefter, dont make me run up in your spot like CJ from San Andreas

Reaction score
For what? Info a little sparse there....

It will be lawyers arguing. NFLPA to maintain the suit and issue a prelim injunction. NFL to dismiss suit because filed too early and no irreparable harm if Zeke missses games, but will get paid. Zeke attends as client. Attendance not always required, but Zeke showing he's serious and putting subtle pressure on judge.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
It will be lawyers arguing. NFLPA to maintain the suit and issue a prelim injunction. NFL to dismiss suit because filed too early and no irreparable harm if Zeke missses games, but will get paid. Zeke attends as client. Attendance not always required, but Zeke showing he's serious and putting suble pressure on judge.

Thank you!!!!

erod

Reaction score
From all I've heard this morning from multiple attorneys on the radio, it doesn't look promising for Zeke.

Article 46 gives Goodell absolute power no matter what in all instances, and the Brady case already affirmed that as precedent. The courts will probably cite that exactly.

Good chance of a reduction to 3-4 games, but they will be served immediately if the TRO isn't granted.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From all I've heard this morning from multiple attorneys on the radio, it doesn't look promising for Zeke.

Article 46 gives Goodell absolute power no matter what in all instances, and the Brady case already affirmed that as precedent. The courts will probably cite that exactly.

Good chance of a reduction to 3-4 games, but they will be served immediately if the TRO isn't granted.

Totally, utterly, and completely disagree with this.

The Natural

Reaction score
Can someone help me understand if I have this timeline of events right? And perhaps help others who might also be confused

-Harold Henderson will wait until the last minute today to make a ruling, 6 pm EST? I'm assuming Goodell has him in his pocket so the ruling will be in the NFL's favor

-Zeke hearing today (also at 6?) to decide if the suspension is blocked.

-Then I was reading something about the NFL trying have that blocked, if it is granted to Zeke. When will we know something on that front? This is a mess

erod

Reaction score

It's in the hands of that Sherman judge.

However, if Henderson doesn't get his ruling in until tomorrow (which he might do to undermine the court appointment this afternoon in Sherman), then Zeke could play this weekend and the suspension wouldn't start until Week 2.

mahoneybill

Reaction score

They may cite that, but then we shall see if Zeke files a " defamation of character" suit. Wonder how the NFL will respond to that. i.e. we can defame your character and get away with it under article 46..........

In other words, the justice system all citizens are subject to didn't do that to you, but we the mighty NFL can because of our labor agreement.....

phildadon86

Reaction score
It's in the hands of that Sherman judge.

However, if Henderson doesn't get his ruling in until tomorrow (which he might do to undermine the court appointment this afternoon in Sherman), then Zeke could play this weekend and the suspension wouldn't start until Week 2.
To your last point. Article 46 is out of the window if it's shown and proven he abuses his power or the right steps weren't taken to determine outcome

erod

Reaction score
They may cite that, but then we shall see if Zeke files a " defamation of character" suit. Wonder how the NFL will respond to that. i.e. we can defame your character and get away with it under article 46..........

In other words, the justice system all citizens are subject to didn't do that to you, but we the mighty NFL can because of our labor agreement.....

Defamation is incredibly hard to prove, especially since Garrett openly discussed to the media his lecture that that he gave Zeke about the off-field money he is costing himself with his behavior. That would get such a claim thrown out most likely.

Article 46 is the problem. The NFLPA agreed to it, and let's face it, most players are fine with it because they don't put themselves in these situations, so they don't care about that.

erod

Reaction score
To your last point. Article 46 is out of the window if it's shown and proven he abuses his power or the right steps weren't taken to determine outcome
Wrong. Goodell has absolute power in this arena. Period. Brady proved about process and won, then the federal courts threw it out because of Article 46, and the NFL won in the end.

Not saying I agree, just that's the way it appears to be.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Wrong. Goodell has absolute power in this arena. Period. Brady proved about process and won, then the federal courts through it out because of Article 46, and the NFL won in the end.
You are completely off base. You can't compare Brady and this case against eachother. Zeke has a legitimate argument and the NFL is basically shown to have hidden or omitted evidence. The fact you can sit there and cite article 46 when the NFL has hidden evidence is laughable. For cripes sakes they hid a doctor lol.

robjay04

Reaction score

I've heard from multiple attorneys that say the opposite.

I will say this..Zeke has a tough battle ahead in court but I think they get the injunction.