Zeke to meet with the Commish on Tuesday

aria

Reaction score
he should have . Zeke was a tool. THAT SAID, its not on the same level as Hill or Hunt, yet THEY are really getting off easy.
I do think Zeke got screwed the first time but now I’m not so sure there wasn’t some truth behind it. Hill got 8 games, right? I know what he did was bad but I wouldn’t call that easy, I personally would have given him a year but it’s a half a season which is nothing to sneeze at.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I do think Zeke got screwed the first time but now I’m not so sure there wasn’t some truth behind it. Hill got 8 games, right? I know what he did was bad but I wouldn’t call that easy, I personally would have given him a year but it’s a half a season which is nothing to sneeze at.
YOUR THINKIN Hunt I think... Hill hasn't been suspended or anything yet.

aria

Reaction score
What is it exactly that Zeke did in Vegas to warrant a suspension? Yes, he is immature and seems to have an issue holding his liquor, but I think Goodell may want to let this go with a stern warning because setting precedent on the basis of small outcomes can become one hell of a steep and slippery slope to live by.
On the other hand it’s a slippery slope to let a player who was suspended for DV (right or wrong) continue to be involved in questionable altercations, “incidents” involving women and now intimidating a security guard and initiating physical contact without doing something.

IMO, they already gave Zeke a pass on the parade and by not investigating the nightclub. This is now the third time in 2-3 years so obviously whatever message they did or didn’t send hasn’t been working, so what now? I would think for most people in his position, being suspended for 6 games would get the point across to stay out of trouble but with him it’s like it never happened or maybe he has been impaired every time and that’s what caused his poor judgement. Either way, he has to change and he clearly hasn’t done it yet.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
YOUR THINKIN Hunt I think... Hill hasn't been suspended or anything yet.
Ahhhh...my bad, then we don’t know how Hill will end up. Zeke’s investigation took forever, I assume Hills will as well, especially with all the other cases they seemed to have botched (including Zekes).

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ahhhh...my bad, then we don’t know how Hill will end up. Zeke’s investigation took forever, I assume Hunts will as well, especially with all the other cases they seemed to have botched (including Zekes).
Did they already suspend hill. If so that’s what he is getting.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I am not so sure. I think the players would fight for this actually. They tried to do this during the last cba if you recall.
No they wouldn't. Goodell suspensions affects about 2% of the NFL. The other 98% wouldnt miss game checks for the 2% morons. That's why they caved last time. That's why Jeff Saturday phone was blowing up with players telling him to get a deal done because they didn't want to miss game checks. That's why the Steeler players and origination should be the only one's who cry about Goodell power because they're the only one's who voted against it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No they wouldn't. Goodell suspensions affects about 2% of the NFL. The other 98% wouldnt miss game checks for the 2% morons. That's why they caved last time. That's why Jeff Saturday phone was blowing up with players telling him to get a deal done because they didn't want to miss game checks. That's why the Steeler players and origination should be the only one's who cry about Goodell power because they're the only one's who voted against it.
we will find out in 2020 I guess.

Little Jr

Reaction score
we will find out in 2020 I guess.
I don't have to wait until 2020 to find out. Too much history showing what will happen and how weak the nflpa is. They would have to give up a **** LOAD in negotiations for any power to be taken away from Goodell.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
On the other hand it’s a slippery slope to let a player who was suspended for DV (right or wrong) continue to be involved in questionable altercations, “incidents” involving women and now intimidating a security guard and initiating physical contact without doing something.

IMO, they already gave Zeke a pass on the parade and by not investigating the nightclub. This is now the third time in 2-3 years so obviously whatever message they did or didn’t send hasn’t been working, so what now? I would think for most people in his position, being suspended for 6 games would get the point across to stay out of trouble but with him it’s like it never happened or maybe he has been impaired every time and that’s what caused his poor judgement. Either way, he has to change and he clearly hasn’t done it yet.
Not enough context from the brief video for me to judge Zeke's behavior. He wasn't arrested and I have to believe "assaulting" a security guard is illegal, even in Vegas. If there is something missing, I'd be glad to revisit the situation.

aria

Reaction score
Not enough context from the brief video for me to judge Zeke's behavior. He wasn't arrested and I have to believe "assaulting" a security guard is illegal, even in Vegas. If there is something missing, I'd be glad to revisit the situation.
But we all know it doesn’t have to be illegal. To me, if someone is walking away, turns around and says “what did you say”? and touches me in any form that is intimidation and the outcome would have been much different.

I obviously hope Goodell doesn’t doesn’t see it that way but would unfortunately understand if he did. The punishment is another issue.

Them

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Pantone282C, post: 9263338, member: 39938"]:popcorn:[/QUOTE]

...yep!...that about says it all!...:star:

aria

Reaction score
Goodell doesn't visit with players in person to hand out monetary fines. There are fines given out every week in the NFL, and none require a trip to NY
That’s my concern, you don’t get called to the principles office half way across the country for a slap on the wrist. On the other hand, maybe this is where Goodell gives him a fine or a game or two and personally tells him that if he even hears about his name in a negative way then he’s done. I don’t know what more they can do to get it through that huge dome of is that he needs to make better decisions without suspending him because apparently 6 games wasn’t enough.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do think Zeke got screwed the first time but now I’m not so sure there wasn’t some truth behind it..
You have not only a zero record in the past of expressing that zeke "got screwed the first time", but the extreme....FRIGGIN EXTREME opposite. Full stop, Aria.

giphy.gif

Last edited: