Zeke to meet with the Commish on Tuesday

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is it in a nutshell. Which is why his shirt pulling incident didn’t do him any favors when the other investigation was going on. Without that episode on film for all to see, you have to wonder if he would’ve got the 6 games in the first place.
I think that's what tipped it over. If a player is going to be on his very best behavior, it's knowing he's under investigation.

Goodell saw first hand the response to the Rice incident and then felt the reaction to the video release. He went into damage control like he's never done before.

What some don't get is this isn't about football or the fans, it is about the image of the NFL and having a bunch of overgrown kids that deal out violence 16 games a year puts the NFL in a defensive posture from the get go. That's why they have that intimidation language in their code of conduct.

All comes down to the money, do not screw with the money. The NFL is all about the TV contracts and sponsorships and image = money.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think getting called to the Principal's office is ever "good news".
But that's not the norm, usually they just hand down the notice of suspension to the team, right before leaking that to the media.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hell, if that's true, he should get a commendation for restraint. The guard didn't press charges but wanted a real apology, whatever that means. That N word stuff started here, I've not seen that anywhere else and looking at that guard and Elliott, that would be death wish for a rent-a-cop.

When my wife would use the term "real apology", I was never sure about that either. Just kept on doing it until I hoped I hit the right note. But, I wasn't sure if I'd hit the motherlode and that particular one would work the next time. And there was always a next time.

Maybe Elliott should go to the guard and say "Honey, (great way to start it) whatever I did I promise never to do that again. I further promise to never even think of doing that again. Now, I will do the dishes for a week, do all the shopping, complete the honey do lists, even the ones wadded up in my sock drawer and your Mom can come stay, actually in the house this time, for as long as she wants.
Yeah this is where I heard it from and never really listened to the video. I watched it and thought are you kidding me, he just don’t learn.

I guess the guard did a interview and said Elliot apologized but didn’t even look him in the eyes and didn’t believe it and was still thinking about pressing charges. Am guessing he got his apology and a check. Havent heard anything else from the guard. I am sure goodell has talked to the guard. Hopefully after he received his check.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not about the behavior, it's about the press. Zeke gets press and therefore it reflects poorly on the league. It's the cost of playing for the Cowboys.
Yep, that does come with the territory because if a Cowboy does it, it gets more legs and probably more money from TMZ.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Just wait, The Cowboys are going to be number 1 in the NFL, in suspensions.

So far we have Gregory and Rico. I expect Crawford and Zeke to get something. I am not counting David Irving.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah this is where I heard it from and never really listened to the video. I watched it and thought are you kidding me, he just don’t learn.

I guess the guard did a interview and said Elliot apologized but didn’t even look him in the eyes and didn’t believe it and was still thinking about pressing charges. Am guessing he got his apology and a check. Havent heard anything else from the guard. I am sure goodell has talked to the guard. Hopefully after he received his check.
The other part of this is that Elliott blocked that girl's path and any woman will call that intimidation but I don't know how much that plays into this. He had blocked her a second time and that's when the guard said something and with his past history involving the fairer sex, that might sent up a red flag quicker.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That's not the norm to meet with the Commissioner prior to a suspension. This sounds more like a stern talking to like "Zeke, you're writing checks your *** can't cash. Now, any more of this and I'm gonna be Godzilla and you know who you're gonna be"?

They usually just hand down the suspensions or fines. I'm betting this is a "come to Jesus meeting", which if I am correct, I am the first poster on this forum to refer to the hated and much vilified Commissioner Goodell as Godzilla and Jesus in the same post. Oh, I know, both have been done but not in the same post!!

You started the post about not using that word anymore, did you not mean in all context? :huh:

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I’m not trying to act like some choir boy. When I was his age I was arrested a few times myself, after the 2nd time in as many weeks for a total of 3 “infractions” that I disagreed with, and one that I was wrongly charged with, I knew I had to change my ways or my rap sheet would get longer and longer, eventually limiting my career opportunities. Zeke just doesn’t get it and neither do some of you, no offense.
Zeke has yet to be arrested. Or even been charged with anything.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just wait, The Cowboys are going to be number 1 in the NFL, in suspensions.

So far we have Gregory and Rico. I expect Crawford and Zeke to get something. I am not counting David Irving.
That in itself can carry a fine and I think the Cowboys caught one two years in a row.

That's what's so funny about Booger's bid to get them to stop the drug testing and off the field investigating. I imagine they just looked at him. He's like the Mom running to the cops because her sons are in jail. "Y'all have got to change these laws"!!!!!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
There is no way the players unite to strike over this. You have to remember that the amount of players that receive this so-called ‘unfair’ treatment by Goodell is a very small percentage of the NFL population. Most NFL players are smart enough not to put themselves in a position to be suspended in the first place. You are making the assumption that all NFL players look at Zeke and think he was treated unfairly. Sometimes you have to pause and ask yourself if they might look at Zeke and think ‘what an idiot...yeah, I’m not going to make a stand that hurts my payday for a guy that can’t get his priorities straight’.
If Zeke could only have Frank Gores brain.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The other part of this is that Elliott blocked that girl's path and any woman will call that intimidation but I don't know how much that plays into this. He had blocked her a second time and that's when the guard said something and with his past history involving the fairer sex, that might sent up a red flag quicker.
Yeah I am guessing the talk they are about to have may have more to do with that then the guard. When I first saw the video I was afraid that he was going to lay a hand on her. That will be a one way ticket out for good. Wondering if goodell has talked to the girl also. If it’s his girlfriend then she will cover for him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It's not about the behavior, it's about the press. Zeke gets press and therefore it reflects poorly on the league. It's the cost of playing for the Cowboys.
its the cost of playing for Jerry moreover.

Rayman70

Reaction score
can you all name a year within the last 5 that we haven't had 1 or more players starting the year off suspended?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You started the post about not using that word anymore, did you not mean in all context? :huh:
Yes, I slipped up but I wasn't using that about me disliking someone to the extreme but I did use it and am ashamed. I promise to not do it again or are you like that security guard and wanting a "real apology?"