Zeke vs. Dallas Media

aikemirv

Reaction score
Zeke is wrong. We get our information from the media. Like 99% of them stood by him in his issues this year. All he had to do was give some simple answers and move on. He seems very childish and immature from what he did.

we fans get our info from beat reporters and tv reporters who are in the facility everyday I find it pretty crazy how everyone attacks these people everyday.

When stuff like this happens all the bloggers are who are a thousand miles away always take the players side because they have nothing invested they dont actually cover the team, they cover the team via the people actually getting up everyday and going to work and standing face to face with the players and coaches. They base all their info on this reporting then tell everyone they have insiders and sources etc.

anyway, thats my take on this. None of us know what happened with the zeke issue and he should be pretty damn happy to get to be there and stand and answer the beat reporters questions for 10 minutes. His situation could be much worse. He comes off as very immature.

I think that is ridiculous. He explained how he felt about the whole suspension 8 weeks ago. Nothing else needs to be said. He sure does not want to say something Goodell would use against him because we know he most certainly would. As far as what he was doing in Mexico, it is up to him if he wants to say. Media takes crap and blows it out of proportion, so he has every right to not say anything at all. He was not an NFL employee at the time.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
What a stupid opinion to have, Shan Sharif.

"I'm not really going to talk about it. It's behind me," Elliott said of the suspension, via ESPN. "I'm just trying to start a new page, a new chapter. I just want to thank this Cowboys organization for being behind me.

"I'm thankful to my family, my team, my friends for supporting me through the time and especially the Cowboys fans who stuck by me through this tough time and have a lot of faith in me. But I'm not talking about it anymore. This is the last time you'll hear me speak about it. So please don't even ask me about it."

Seems fine to me.
No! We need to know the color of his last dump. Was it laced with PEDs? Did he bang some groupie that was a fan? Need the juice!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Media is circling the wagons over Zeke's audacity at refusing to answer questions over his break. Shan Sharif seems to be leading this charge.

Entitled, arrogant and completely unnecessary. The way Zeke handled today's joke of a presser shows why he thinks he can do whatever he wants, when he wants. He either received terrible PR advice or just doesn't get it. Full rant Thurs morning @1053thefan:
Shan Sharif can be a real whiny dbag at times
:laugh:

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
None of us know what happened with the zeke issue and he should be pretty damn happy to get to be there and stand and answer the beat reporters questions for 10 minutes. His situation could be much worse.
I'd say quite a few of us know much more than the people asking these questions.

Saying he should be happy after what he's been through is simply wrong.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Zeke is wrong. We get our information from the media. Like 99% of them stood by him in his issues this year. All he had to do was give some simple answers and move on. He seems very childish and immature from what he did.

we fans get our info from beat reporters and tv reporters who are in the facility everyday I find it pretty crazy how everyone attacks these people everyday.

When stuff like this happens all the bloggers are who are a thousand miles away always take the players side because they have nothing invested they dont actually cover the team, they cover the team via the people actually getting up everyday and going to work and standing face to face with the players and coaches. They base all their info on this reporting then tell everyone they have insiders and sources etc.

anyway, thats my take on this. None of us know what happened with the zeke issue and he should be pretty damn happy to get to be there and stand and answer the beat reporters questions for 10 minutes. His situation could be much worse. He comes off as very immature.
The media was behind him? HE was crucified on every outlet as a woman beater since the beginning. What are you talking about man? All he said was he didn't want to discuss the past and move forward. That's great news to hear. Give me a break. If Tom Brady said this the media would be going nuts painting him as Captain America. Oh wait, they did that when he refused to answer questions after his suspension. Bill Belichek does this at every press conference. I don't get why the hate on Zeke in particular.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If they're relying on ink they've already lost. Sharif is a Skins fan anyway. He played HTTR after they beat Dallas once upon a time. His take here is a ridiculous case of projection.
Are you trying to just be difficult? "people who buy ink by the barrel" is a euphemism for the media. Sharif is one guy... screw him. Zeke didn't want to have anything to do with any of them. If he wants to fix his public persona he needs to do better.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I think we can all empathize with Zeke that it's just a sore subject he wants to put behind him but this really is just a piss poor strategy. The media is on his side here.

sideon

Reaction score
The media believes athletes have to answer their questions the way they want it to be answered, and it's why they're seen as nothing more than thin skinned punks. That's why i was laughing when Arian Foster checked Stephen A Smith about the Marshawn Lynch subject. It's actually pathetic that some players won't get into the HOF because media members have votes and hold grudges.

aria

Reaction score
I'm aware of the rant since I live locally and listen to 105.3 regularly. They were even saying this morning that they knew they would lose listeners due to the rant because they can't take it and are basically homers.

Most people know how I feel about Zeke but this is absolutely ridiculous. I don't blame him one bit for not wanting to talk about what he did during his 6 weeks off. I'm personally glad he's trying to put the past behind him and focus on the future. I just hope it stays that way. I know some people will disagree but there were plenty of people here, myself included, that even though I thought the charges were bogus maybe the one silver lining of the suspension would be that it helps him mature and get his priorities straight so we won't have to worry about any future "incidents". Fingers crossed, we'll see how this off season goes.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I dont like the fan and rarely listen to it outside of gamedays but Shaun Sharif has been on zeke's side since day one. He has always talked about his innocence and how he was getting a raw deal etc.

He is not a bozo or a piece of trash. In fact I almost guarantee you would agree with his opinion on zeke's suspension.
But I sure don’t agree with his opinion of Zeke now.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'd say quite a few of us know much more than the people asking these questions.

Saying he should be happy after what he's been through is simply wrong.
The dbag media types are only after what sells. Misquoted and misinformation. Just read the posts on this forum and you can tell it works. Some talking head suggests Romo or Dak or Garrett sucks and it's all over the board. It's obvious the haters that are prevalent here either don't watch the game or don't understand what they're watching.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Are you trying to just be difficult? "people who buy ink by the barrel" is a euphemism for the media. Sharif is one guy... screw him. Zeke didn't want to have anything to do with any of them. If he wants to fix his public persona he needs to do better.[/QUOTE
See that's dumb. But it's also coming from someone who said that Zeke would not be successful without you cheering for him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I hate to break it to the Dallas media, but no one outside of the Metroplex gives a hoot about what they say. Who in the world is Shan Sharif? :muttley:

Good for him walking out.

It's not about "winning" vs the media. Zeke isn't running for election. He's running for yardage.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate to break it to the Dallas media, but no one outside of the Metroplex gives a hoot about what they say. Who in the world is Shan Sharif? :muttley:

Good for him walking out.

It's not about "winning" vs the media. Zeke isn't running for election. He's running for yardage.

Very annoying morning radio sports talk show guy.

He got into some trouble a few years ago for saying some stuff that was way off base and not sports related IIRC, but I can't remember the details.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If the media wants Zeke to talk, ask him something about football.

Don't ask him obvious questions about the suspension that anybody that's turned on a TV over the past six months knows the answer to already.

Zeke is ready to put this behind him, and so should everybody else.