Twitter: Zeke vs. Derek Henry last 16 games

Sydla

Reaction score
I like Zeke. Zeke is a good running back.

Zeke is also an overpaid (or about to be overpaid) running back.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
5 pages and no one compares their passing game skillsets...

Henry can't catch and can't block. The latter is an especially nice trait to have when guys like Belichick start blitzing the snot out of you.

Do you have a link that he can't "block"? Or is that just something you pulled from your ***?

Because I'm thinking you pulled it out of your ***

EKdnDAEXsAUok5G.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
- i still have no regrets of taking Zeke over Ramsey, as he affected both sides of the ball, and he immediately made his presence felt.
And in 2016, you couldn't keep Zeke squared up at the line as teams schemed/ did with Henry.

- I'd gladly take back that 2016/2017 version of Zeke Elliott, the same one that was making all the 20+ splash runs and taking quick screen passes to the house.
i'm checking to see if Henry has had around same amount of touches, carries, and pounding toll on his body as Zeke, but yet henry is still sustaining his splash plays and breakaway ability.

- maybe just me, but I really believe this coaching staff re-shaped his body frame and running style. Equipping him to be more for a pounding style... vs the quick hole hitting style
he came into the league as.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
- i still have no regrets of taking Zeke over Ramsey, as he affected both sides of the ball, and he immediately made his presence felt.
And in 2016, you couldn't keep Zeke squared up at the line as teams schemed/ did with Henry.

- I'd gladly take back that 2016/2017 version of Zeke Elliott, the same one that was making all the 20+ splash runs and taking quick screen passes to the house.
i'm checking to see if Henry has had around same amount of touches, carries, and pounding toll on his body as Zeke, but yet henry is still sustaining his splash plays and breakaway ability.

- maybe just me, but I really believe this coaching staff re-shaped his body frame and running style. Equipping him to be more for a pounding style... vs the quick hole hitting style
he came into the league as.

Yep, any runningback behind that Oline would have affected both sides of the ball.

Ramsey immediately had his presence felt, just as a much more important position.

You don't want the 2017 version of Zeke, the one that averaged 4.1 yard per carry. He was BAD bad.

Ken

Reaction score
The worst part is Henry looks twice as fast as zeke right now...who would have guessed that?

quickccc

Reaction score
Yep, any runningback behind that Oline would have affected both sides of the ball.

Ramsey immediately had his presence felt, just as a much more important position.

You don't want the 2017 version of Zeke, the one that averaged 4.1 yard per carry. He was BAD bad.

but the more elite top echeon talent of backs are going to give you something more unique and stand out more vs those ANY running backs that you're talking about.

while you are basing that suspension- laced 2017 season on just the run game, but i'm considering zeke's impact in the pass game, .. ala the quick screen pass and TD home run hitter vs Niners.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
but the more elite top echeon talent of backs are going to give you something more unique and stand out more vs those ANY running backs that you're talking about.

while you are basing that suspension- laced 2017 season on just the run game, but i'm considering zeke's impact in the pass game, .. ala the quick screen pass and TD home run hitter vs Niners.

Very little more if at all, and much less than the affect Ramsey would have had on both sides of the ball.

Yeah that one play vs one of the worst teams in football was pretty cool! Outside of that he had 25 catches for 197 yards(less than 8 yards per reception), 68% catch rate(5.3 yards ler target super yikes), 1 TD, 5 first downs, and 19.7 receiving yards per game. So outside of his rushing and receiving, he was damn good! That "impact in the passing game"... well wasn't much at all.