Twitter: Zeke vs. Derek Henry last 16 games

Rustinpeace21

Reaction score
"More first downs"

So, again, this is another "Zeke gets those tough 2 yards, while he struggles to get 10" - Zeke has been on a decline since his rookie season.

Everyone knows Barkley is hampered by an injury. No one called him an iron man. Yes, Zeke is durable....and he's been a little above average this year while healthy. Really worth that $100 million.

Barkley sprained his ankle in week 3, and was practicing a week later, he’s fine. Throughout the entire broadcast against the packers there was talk about he has consistently missing holes, and not seeing the field. He averaged .1 ypc against the jets, a game where he had 13 carries, a couple weeks ago.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This is another pro zeke stat in my mind. He’s in the top of yards, and yet, he doesn’t even have those 40 plus yard runs, and he has the same amount of carries as these guys. So he has to be getting CHUNKS of yards on most of his rushes. Him consistently getting between 5 and 9 yards on a lot of his rushes is severely undervalued by the board, just cause it doesn’t make it to “highlight” reels.

No, what it tells you is the offensive line is opening up holes for him to get those 4-5 yards, but what the lack of long runs tells you is Zeke isn’t making guys miss at the second-level to break the long runs.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Decline since his rookie year yet led the NFL in rushing last year and in 2017 before he was suspended. This is his first year he has slid down. So your accusation he has been on a decline since his rookie year is ridiculous. Zeke has been great every year except this one.

Henry finally has one season where he is better than Zeke and now Henry is better? Lmao. Arbitrary stat lines are fun.

More volume stats. Not interested in a guy who got 300+ carries leading the league in rushing. He SHOULD with that many carries

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Barkley sprained his ankle in week 3, and was practicing a week later, he’s fine. Throughout the entire broadcast against the packers there was talk about he has consistently missing holes, and not seeing the field. He averaged .1 ypc against the jets, a game where he had 13 carries, a couple weeks ago.

Stop posting BS. He has been battling the injury all season. It is a known issue.

Either way, what does it even matter? Another player not doing well doesn’t change the fact that Zeke is having a lackluster season in many areas.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Decline since his rookie year yet led the NFL in rushing last year and in 2017 before he was suspended. This is his first year he has slid down. So your accusation he has been on a decline since his rookie year is ridiculous. Zeke has been great every year except this one.

Henry finally has one season where he is better than Zeke and now Henry is better? Lmao. Arbitrary stat lines are fun.

So are arbitrary tag lines like “dirty yards.”

The supposed “elite” back has one (1) run over 40 yards in his past 773 carries.

Line 1 of an elite running back is to be special with the ball in your hands.

BigD5

Reaction score

Ramsey? Lmao. Would have been Mo Claiborne 2.0 here in this junk defense. Why do people keep bringing him up? He was never going to help this team.
“Or whatever defensive player you like”

BigD5

Reaction score
Henry was the guy who was supposed to wear down quick.

Whoever said that is an idiot and never watched a single game Henry played at Alabama where he always got stronger as the games and seasons went on

Rustinpeace21

Reaction score
Stop posting BS. He has been battling the injury all season. It is a known issue.

Either way, what does it even matter? Another player not doing well doesn’t change the fact that Zeke is having a lackluster season in many areas.

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatef...en-in-15-years-trainer-tells-nfl-network.html

I don’t see any BS in my post. And if you watch the last giants games, they have direct quotes from Saquon himself saying he is missing the correct holes. Anyway, you’re right, zeke is just a flash in the pan with just 2 rushing championships in his first 3 seasons, and Henry is the late bloomer, even though only 40 all purpose yards separate them this season.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I still fully expect Zeke to have a monster season during his career, like a 1800-1900 yard season...but there's no denying that Henry has been better this season and has helped his team win more games. Titans are quietly good this year, Ryan Tannehill has them in playoff contention.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke simply isn't the well-conditioned athlete that he was when he was a rookie just coming into the league. He probably needs to work out more diligently to make up for his tendency to gain weight. I suspect his lifestyle of partying is also taking a toll on his physical well being. I wouldn't be too surprised if his career is destined to trend downhill too quickly if he doesn't change his habits to accommodate his career. For any athlete, being a party animal inevitably comes at a high cost to their future.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
I did not want Zeke at #4 but will root for him. I was on board with another player or a trade down but was ok with Henry. I wanted a QB and got one in the 4th. hindsight is a beautiful thing. too bad you don't have that luxury while your on the clock

blueblood70

Reaction score
TROLLS..hes not on our team hes not a DC yet you want to rip your own players and covet others.. ridiculous..be a fan and how about support your players ZEKE IS NOT AN ISSUE, regardless of poor fan opinions..

Careers are no where near the same...Zekes got hardware and skins , Henry took 3 seasons to finally start getting it going, oh BTW they dont use half seasons mixed together.., its year to year stat and 2 of 3 years henry played Zeke got the title, 2017 in 10 games led YPG. Kudos to henry but it has zero to do with us, nothing..

be a fan and how about support your players, ZEKE IS NOT AN ISSUE, regardless of poor fan opinions.. hes 6th in the league and looking down at A LOT of big names some of you coveted last year...if finishing top 5/6 is down year when you arent getting the same amount of carries as the team is passing a lot more(ive witnessed 3 games where zeke was hot and for whatever reason they went pass heavy and stopped feeding him, there in lies the real issues) , im thinking ill take it..

Zeke leds league in rushing 2016 we finish 13-3 win division
Zeke gets suspended 6 games, we go 9-7 no playoffs
Zeke leads league agian we go 10-6 win divsion , win a playoff game.
This year Zeke is having an off year because we decided Dak should be the focus and give carries to Pollard we sit at 6-6

Odd but i see a pattern here..

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Henry wasn't the featured back either, he was splitting time. Zeke was featured from day 1, makes a difference when you are getting the ball consistently.
yeah they had got murray and he was the feature back, and it wasnt until this year they went more to the run, once mariota was out.
I actually liked henry the best in 2016, but thought elliot was maybe more versatile,and I thought
they should have drafted both, imagine both in the backfield, fake to one give to the other, they both
go different sides. When one gets tired put the other one in. It would have been like csonka and morris
on the old miami team.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatef...en-in-15-years-trainer-tells-nfl-network.html

I don’t see any BS in my post. And if you watch the last giants games, they have direct quotes from Saquon himself saying he is missing the correct holes. Anyway, you’re right, zeke is just a flash in the pan with just 2 rushing championships in his first 3 seasons, and Henry is the late bloomer, even though only 40 all purpose yards separate them this season.

It's BS that you're suggesting he hasn't been banged up, and the NFL can say whatever they want - the dude is not superhuman, you don't just "heal" from an ankle sprain in a freakin' week. He also just got over a shoulder injury.

it still doesn't take away that you're deflecting from Zeke with whataboutism.

And the "all-purpose yard" stuff is just dumb. Zeke has 39 catches on the season for 326 yards, Henry has 17 catches for 200 yards

Henry has 232 carries for 1,140 yards
Zeke has 227 carries for 990

Henry has 7 total TDs in the last 5 games
Zeke has 2 TDs in the last 5 games

Henry has had 3 100+ yard games in the past 5 games
Zeke hasn't had a 100 yard game since week 9

Henry has had a run/catch over 20 yards in each of the last 5 games
Zeke has had one 20+ yard run and 20+ yard catch since week 2....

Zeke has been slightly over average this year.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The days of Zeke taking it to the house are over.

The Fat Ewok doesn’t make house calls any more. What’s his long for the season, 25 yds?

LMAO...... $90 million for a glorified FB
I think he is up to 32 yds now lol.
$90 million.......ouch that isnt funny man.......well it is in a way, he sure suckered the jones boys lol!

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
5 pages and no one compares their passing game skillsets...

Henry can't catch and can't block. The latter is an especially nice trait to have when guys like Belichick start blitzing the snot out of you.