Zeke vs Derrick Henry (Final Numbers)

Proof

Reaction score
i will never understand why he wasn't considered a 1st Rd pick.
i thought after that heisman season he would've been.
he wasn't.
and he shoulda been.
weird.

think it was the bama back bias, and his lack of pass catching. I really really wanted him, and he wanted to play for us too :-(

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This is, has been and will keep being out story...
M E D I O C R I T Y
6-10 is not mediocre. This is a bad football team.

Since the Garrett era started this franchise has made the playoffs 3 times in 11 years. That’s bad.

4 winning seasons over that 11 year span. That’s bad.

They have made the playoffs 10 times in the last 25 years. 4 wins in 25 years. Never past the divisional round. That’s bad.

This is a bad franchise. It’s a sad fact.

Last edited:

TLAMGUY

Reaction score
Worse. He's average and nicked up. Kristi kept mentioning on the radio today how he was on the sidelines bothered by several lower-body issues today.

Probably that fat wallet. It has to be throwing of his center of gravity. :muttley:

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Career wise they are actually pretty similar. The only differences are Henry career Ypc is higher. Although Zeke trounces him as a wr. Both players could be hall of famers... well see where they go from here. I think Zeke proved recently he’s still got a lot left.

I think Zeke gets a lot of unnecessary hate IMO. While Henry took 3 years to reach 1000 yards Zeke was carrying this team. Give him dak and a healthy oline and next year he’s 1500 yards 12 tds and 50+ catches again.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Zeke had two 100-yd games this season.

Henry had three 200-yd games this season.

Henry is traditionally known as a power back who lays into the defense whereas Zeke was known as somewhat of a similar style back but who had a burst to him that could break the long runs. That said, this is an interesting side by side longest run comparison between Zeke and Henry:

2020: Zeke Longest Run 31 Yards Henry Longest Run 94 Yards

2019: Zeke Longest Run 33 Yards Henry Longest Run 74 Yards

2018:Zeke Longest Run 41 Yards Henry Longest Run 99 Yards

2017: Zeke Longest Run 30 Yards Henry Longest Run 75 Yards

2016: Zeke Longest Run 60 Yards Henry Longest Run 22 Yards

Henry is clearly the best running back in the NFL at this point and Zeke is a shell of his rookie self and should never have been given the contract extension that Jerry Jones stupidly gave him.

aria

Reaction score
Look at the bright side, at least no playoffs means Zeke can get started on his offseason workout regimen. We all know the guy has a reputation for his dedicated work ethic and ability to zone in during the offseason on improving his craft.
:lmao: He probably thinks big bong rips helps his lung capacity.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I find it VERY interesting people are going after Zeke. 1st round picks and a LOT of money were used on Tyron Smith, Zach Martin, Travis Frederick and Lael Collins. What were there stats from yesterday? What were there stats for this year?

Not to mention our running game was at its best when Ron Leary was playing...and our OWNER stepped and decided NOT to keep him...but forced a 2nd round pick on Connor Williams and FORCED him into the lineup. Running game has regressed ever since.

I said it a few weeks ago. Zeke is beat up. But guess what cowboyszone....so is the vaunted offensive line! And now Dak might be as well! I will go thread to thread continuing to scream that what we are witnessing is staying in bed with Jason Garrett too long. He coached street fighting, out tough them, rock'em sock'em football...and all of Jerrys assets are BEAT UP!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is better than Emmit Smith.
PF6lsYf.gif

aria

Reaction score
Lol true...we love to hate guys that get paid after we demand Jerry pays the guy to stay
Who was demanding zeke gets paid that ridiculous salary?

Some of us hate guys that sit out with two years left on their contract, demand to be paid the highest for their position and then play below average for their position.

aria

Reaction score
I find it VERY interesting people are going after Zeke. 1st round picks and a LOT of money were used on Tyron Smith, Zach Martin, Travis Frederick and Lael Collins. What were there stats from yesterday? What were there stats for this year?

Not to mention our running game was at its best when Ron Leary was playing...and our OWNER stepped and decided NOT to keep him...but forced a 2nd round pick on Connor Williams and FORCED him into the lineup. Running game has regressed ever since.

I said it a few weeks ago. Zeke is beat up. But guess what cowboyszone....so is the vaunted offensive line! And now Dak might be as well! I will go thread to thread continuing to scream that what we are witnessing is staying in bed with Jason Garrett too long. He coached street fighting, out tough them, rock'em sock'em football...and all of Jerrys assets are BEAT UP!
Collins was a 1st round pick? That’s news to me.

Did any of those guys refuse to play with 2 years left on their contract until they made the most money ever for their position? Maybe you wouldn’t find it so interesting if you understood why people don’t like selfish, under achieving, egotistical bully diva losers like zeke. It seems pretty obvious to me.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The real test for Derrick Henry will be next season.
The NFL has not been kind to guys who have had this many rush attempts in subsequent seasons.
Certainly weren't to Zeke the last 2 years after this early heavy usage.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Collins was a 1st round pick? That’s news to me.

Did any of those guys refuse to play with 2 years left on their contract until they made the most money ever for their position? Maybe you wouldn’t find it so interesting if you understood why people don’t like selfish, under achieving, egotistical bully diva losers like zeke. It seems pretty obvious to me.
My point is....when our OL was healthy....Zeke is fine. Defenses sit on the run game...much like they have for Zekes entire career....and his body has paid the price. He and his agent were smart to get their money...because Garrett was going to give it to him 450 times a year and beat the hell out of him. Instead of designing a balanced attack that considered the long term careers of our OL, WRs, RB and QB! That is where most of our draft capital and cap dollars have been spent...and Garrett leaned on their sheer talent. We are now paying for that.

Zeke could have tapped out and not played several games this year. Smith and Collins did not play. Frederick has retired. And Martin did not play....much like Zeke could have done. Zeke is beat up. Our OL is beat up. The expectations for ALL of them need to be adjusted.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The real test for Derrick Henry will be next season.
The NFL has not been kind to guys who have had this many rush attempts in subsequent seasons.
Certainly weren't to Zeke the last 2 years after this early heavy usage.
You my friend....get it. When this offense was healthy...no one was touting Henry over Zeke.

But I get it....when you stink like we have the last couple of years....people want someone to blame. But the blame really lies in the owners box and the current offensive coordinator for the Giants