Zeke vs Derrick Henry (Final Numbers)

jblaze2004

Reaction score
did anyone see henry out running safeties and corners on that long 50 yard touchdown today. Zeke wouldn't of made it that far. And henry is a big boy.

khiladi

Reaction score
We essentially turned Zeke into a play-action decoy for the “Dak air-attack” instead of using play-action for big play chunks. When Garrett was banished from play-calling, play-action became a staple in this regard. Romo led the league in 2014 in yards per attempt, above even Manning, though they still were 23rd in usage. We were 29th with Garrett.

We would have had a real running game, not this token joke that we use now, with Philbin as our OC.

https://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/co...3/romos-play-action-passes-bringing-big-gains

khiladi

Reaction score

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Zeke:

244 att, 979 yds, 6 tds

Henry:

378 att, 2,027 yds, 17 tds

Aa.Jones:

201 att, 1,104 yds, 9 tds

AVG:
Zeke: 4.0
Henry: 5.3
Jones: 5.4

REC
Zeke: 52rec 338yds 2TD
Henry: 19rec 114yds 0TD
Jones: 47rec 355yds 2TD

Jones is a UFA after this season. If not re-signed by GB, think he ends up in SEA or PIT, maybe HOU

Portnoy1

Reaction score
To be fair, I believe that Henry is better. But I also believe the Titans have a better OLINE and are committed to run into the ball. The cowboys are a passing team and they tried to go back to what they were when Dak got hurt. Except Zeke wasn't as good and the Online is not that good. Zeke ran hard today, so I'll give him that. But the bottom line is you don't pay RBs. You pay OLINE, DLINE and QB.

You can scheme RBs open (see K.Shanahan) and you can also Scheme WRs open (see S.Mcvay). If your OLINE is bad or the QB is not accurate that screws everything.

You can scheme to take away the big play, you can scheme to take away short passes. But it's all dependent upon making the offense one dimensional first and also limiting the options because the QB doesn't have time to sit there and throw downfield, or has to constantly throw short passes which can be limited to 3-4 yard gains or PBUs all because the DLINE requires some double teams in the run allowing LBs to eat and limits the time for the pass.

I've never had an issue with paying DLINEMAN OR OLINEMAN OR QB. As you can see Zeke didn't do a whole lot this season and when he did contribute it was to the other team. Jaylon had a lot of empty calorie tackles on 8-9 yard runs.

ESisback

Reaction score
You guys see the picture of Zeke they put up after he scored? His hair looked like Will Ferrell’s character in Zoolander, and he was screaming! Made me laugh AND dislike him at the same time! Was that by design? The networks and pundits KNOW that people despise Dallas, and Elliott gives them another reason, coming off as arrogant, dumb, and overrated. Feeding hate garners rating$ nowdays, doesn’t it?

No one noticed/remembers?!?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Zeke:

244 att, 979 yds, 6 tds

Henry:

378 att, 2,027 yds, 17 tds

Not saying Henry isn't better because he has been the last couple of seasons, but did he also have to play with most of his starting line out and with his starting QB sidelined?

If we're going to compare them, it should be during seasons that are comparable. Elliott had little chance at having success this season considering all the injuries to our offense.

Section446

Reaction score
Been saying it for three years, Zeke is just an average player... He's not explosive at all, no DC in the league is worried about the guy.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
I had no idea RE Henry...

What an animal!!

Zeke, your line sucks, and you're fat...