Zeke vs of Vikings in the box

superonyx

Reaction score
Hahahahaha your proof is a Jerry Jones quote postgame.

Hahahahahahaha

OR... the Vikings knew their DL would win up front and they trusted their guys to corral Zeke WITHOUT needing to load the box?

And we paid a handsome new contract to a guy who can’t do ANYTHING vs a good defense that we can’t dominate up front?
I just posted the film study.
Please do a little homework before coming here and sounding stupid next time. Okay?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They “geared up to stop him” but that didn’t reflect the actual defensive alignment?

Okay.

And I guess that means they had zero respect for Dak’s passing ability?

No matter what alignment they were in and no matter what they did after the snap?

You just have to watch the game and form your own opinion on how they were playing the run game but no defense is going to bring 8 guys in the box unless there is 2 or less receivers on the field.

You would have a safety or linebacker covering a receiver and that is just asking to get toasted.

That is why TE's that are basically WR's can be such game changers and guys like Jarwin and Noah Brown make rosters.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This only shows number of men in box WHEN zeke ran, we also need to to see how many were there when we didnt run zeke to get an accurate pic of how defenses played our run game

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here you go. Now scamble to explain how the man in the box stats means jack squat. A run blitzing LB or safety shooting the gaps are not in your stupid box you want to cling to.

Jones said Zimmer’s game plan made it impossible for Ezekiel Elliott and the Cowboys to run on the Vikings.

“Well I give Mike Zimmer and his staff a lot of credit. You basically could’ve put a sign on the
start of the game that said, ‘Zeke’s not going anywhere,’ and that was the story of the game. He designed a plan to win the game that way.
Using jerry Jones's factual info just wont cut the mustard......

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You guys are correct

Dak couldn't beat the vikings, the clueless Cowboys coaches, and his own defense Sunday night..

The vikes dared him to defeat all 3 and he failed

Yall are right about that

Dak was unbelievable.

That was a Romo game from him. He did everything he could to win and everyone around him did everything they could to lose besides Quinn and Cooper.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
h2qwtx8juzxpujhe8yoo.jpg

1 in the box? Should be easy to run on, no?
I assume that was the hail Mary?

HungryLion

Reaction score
The Vikings gameplan was to stop Zeke.

it worked because they won the game.

However, the reason it worked isn’t because Dak and the receivers couldn’t do what they needed to do. They did.

it worked because our own defense got steamrolled, and gave up an incredibly high points per drive, while also forcing zero turnovers.

you won’t win many games in the NFL. Allowing 150+ yards rushing. Giving up 28 points on that few number of drives and forcing zero turnovers.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't get all the commentary about us running into 8 man boxes. Some posters were even claiming that we were running into 9 man boxes lol. Fact is the run blocking sucks against good defenses. I don't know why Columbo continues to get a pass here.

Hahha.. You don't ? Really?

Same reason why this sorry HC has been getting a pass for the past 8 years.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You know what’s so frustrating?

The Vikings did to the cowboys, what the cowboys want to do to teams.

run the ball, control the clock, be efficient and don’t turn the ball over and score a lot of points per drive.

and then stop the run on defense and make the opposing offense one dimensional because you have a lead and they can’t run on you.

how many times did the cowboys win in 2016 and 2018 with the opposing QB putting up big passing days?

Everybody here should recognize why the cowboys lost to the Vikings, because it’s the same way the Cowboys won a ton of big games in the last few years.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Here you go. Now scamble to explain how the man in the box stats means jack squat. A run blitzing LB or safety shooting the gaps are not in your stupid box you want to cling to.

Jones said Zimmer’s game plan made it impossible for Ezekiel Elliott and the Cowboys to run on the Vikings.

“Well I give Mike Zimmer and his staff a lot of credit. You basically could’ve put a sign on the
start of the game that said, ‘Zeke’s not going anywhere,’ and that was the story of the game. He designed a plan to win the game that way.
Then why cant every team do the same thing?? That makes the last 3 teams dc look like idiots?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He doesn't have space to operate in most of the time.

When he does he usually goes and hunts down the safety instead of running to daylight which I can not stand and he is clearly coached to do that because he does it every time he's into the secondary.
lack of vision and dumb is more likely.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
lack of vision and dumb is more likely.

There is no way 2016 Zeke just went away along with his instincts.

Zeke has still been great but nothing like 2016.

I notice with most of our backs they look their best early on. Demarco was the exception but I think the reason he did better because the added weight actually made him a better player.

Every RB we have had gets too bulky and they start running into crowds. They almost all look their best as rookies.

superonyx

Reaction score
Then why cant every team do the same thing?? That makes the last 3 teams dc look like idiots?
If you watch the film study he goes into enough depth as to why we failed on most of the runs. Yes we were out manned on a large percentage of runs. But in cases where they didn't have the numbers they just beat our sorry arses in run blocking.

For anyone who still repeats this lie about our OL being so great.... Stop it. Its a lie that won't die. These guys haven't been that great in a few years.
Your QB doesnt get sacked 58 times when your line is 'great'. They have regressed. No sense in denying it any longer.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Hahahahaha your proof is a Jerry Jones quote postgame.

Hahahahahahaha

OR... the Vikings knew their DL would win up front and they trusted their guys to corral Zeke WITHOUT needing to load the box?

And we paid a handsome new contract to a guy who can’t do ANYTHING vs a good defense that we can’t dominate up front?
collingsworth said at the start both teams wanted to stop the run, and it would be a battle in the trenches, and Minn won that clearly.
It is not all on the players, the play designs and blocking schemes are poor and elliot just has not vision and cant bounce
it outside if middle is congested, he just runs into the pile and many times his own players.