Video: Zeke vs. Pollard - An interesting breakdown

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought it was a fair assessment as well. Pretty obvious with some very nice insight into the styles.

I stand in the camp of we need both....payroll and salary cap can go straight to Hades....at least for now anyway.
The problem I have is...can Moore use them right? OR do we have to get this videos narrator involved. :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought it was a fair assessment as well. Pretty obvious with some very nice insight into the styles.

I stand in the camp of we need both....payroll and salary cap can go straight to Hades....at least for now anyway.
The problem I have is...can Moore use them right? OR do we have to get this videos narrator involved. :thumbup:
Moore may have no choice but to learn how to use them, considering the possible O-line issues and possible WR issues.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Great video and analysis even though he talked about Zeke's PCL injury, he didn't give enough emphasis on how much that injury affected Zeke! Also people need to understand and really get this, Zeke is not elusive, he's no longer that sleek speedy guy of his first 3yrs, he has fully grow into his full mature body which is a grinding, pounding, punishing RB. If you know body types you would have seen that from the jump as a rookie, he has a thick body frame big head, a squatty type but bigger than those short 5'6-5'10 type backs. So we were blessed to see how fast he was as that youngster his first 3 yrs, but eventually he was going to slow down and become what he is now. Also the narrator left out that Zeke is a volume back the more you give him the ball the more he and the Oline wears down defenses, but that is where we lack in the OC! Moore is a pass happy guy, and he doesn't even utilize Pollard in that pass happiness.
Also to help our Oline we need to find a true FB/convert a LB that has played FB before into a FB which would help the offense even more.
But overall it was a good video and description of each back abilities.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Great video and analysis even though he talked about Zeke's PCL injury, he didn't give enough emphasis on how much that injury affected Zeke! Also people need to understand and really get this, Zeke is not elusive, he's no longer that sleek speedy guy of his first 3yrs, he has fully grow into his full mature body which is a grinding, pounding, punishing RB. If you know body types you would have seen that from the jump as a rookie, he has a thick body frame big head, a squatty type but bigger than those short 5'6-5'10 type backs. So we were blessed to see how fast he was as that youngster his first 3 yrs, but eventually he was going to slow down and become what he is now. Also the narrator left out that Zeke is a volume back the more you give him the ball the more he and the Oline wears down defenses, but that is where we lack in the OC! Moore is a pass happy guy, and he doesn't even utilize Pollard in that pass happiness.
Also to help our Oline we need to find a true FB/convert a LB that has played FB before into a FB which would help the offense even more.
Great video and analysis even though he talked about Zeke's PCL injury, he didn't give enough emphasis on how much that injury affected Zeke!
Probably because the reason Zeke wasn't what he used to be is irrelevant to his breakdown. Aside from the injury, he's been regressing as he ages, which is understandable for a workhorse. The problem with giving him more carries is that it's been giving the offense fewer first downs, which is counterproductive to the goal. Sure, he may get more yardage as the game progresses, but by that time, the score is so lopsided they need to score quickly.

Hopefully, Zeke bounces back this season, for the whole season, and we get the thunder and lightning we need on the field.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I also noted the narrator said "lower yards, lower TDs and lower carries"

As if lower carries was some minutia after thought? NO! Amount of carries is crucial to a back like Zeke ...just like it was for Emmitt.

The feed zeke is an annoying optic (which he doesn't seem to do much anymore)...but it is the truth. Just because zeke gets 30 yards on 8 carries in the first half...is NOT a reason to abandon the run.

And yes...they can;t even manage our wonderful Tony Pollard correctly. People pick zeke as the easy LAZY target but it's Moore.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great video and analysis even though he talked about Zeke's PCL injury, he didn't give enough emphasis on how much that injury affected Zeke!
Probably because the reason Zeke wasn't what he used to be is irrelevant to his breakdown. Aside from the injury, he's been regressing as he ages, which is understandable for a workhorse. The problem with giving him more carries is that it's been giving the offense fewer first downs, which is counterproductive to the goal. Sure, he may get more yardage as the game progresses, but by that time, the score is so lopsided they need to score quickly.

Hopefully, Zeke bounces back this season, for the whole season, and we get the thunder and lightning we need on the field.

Here is exactly what I was talking about! Our TEAM has been regressing. This guy blames zeke for it. Ridiculous.

This guy thinks zeke should meet and exceed 2016 every year. This is insanity.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Here is exactly what I was talking about! Our TEAM has been regressing. This guy blames zeke for it. Ridiculous.

This guy thinks zeke should meet and exceed 2016 every year. This is insanity.
Yes, the O-line isn't what it was when Zeke was at his best, but that works both ways. I'm not blaming Zeke for the offensive woes, I'm blaming the running game in general. The O-line hasn't been making it easy for him, but he doesn't force his will on defenses like he used to either.

His speed to get outside has diminished, which makes it easier for defenses to key on him toward the middle when he's in the backfield.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes, the O-line isn't what it was when Zeke was at his best, but that works both ways. I'm not blaming Zeke for the offensive woes, I'm blaming the running game in general. The O-line hasn't been making it easy for him, but he doesn't force his will on defenses like he used to either.

His speed to get outside has diminished, which makes it easier for defenses to key on him toward the middle when he's in the backfield.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If this has already been posted, and I just missed it, feel free to delete.

Basically word for word what CowboyRoy has been preaching. Zeke cant get outside with his lack of speed which makes him predictable, which makes our run game predictable. Defenses know this and simply stack the middle area which makes it even more difficult for him. Zeke cant break tackles or make people miss.

LOL.................9 broken tackles on the year? WOW!!! I didnt think it was even that horrid. As I have stated, Zeke's efficiency ratings are at the bottom of the NFL where Pollard are at the top.

Pollard is the better back with the ball in his hands and simply does more with what he gets.

Zeke apologists arent going to like this one. The truth hurts sometimes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Zeke does NOT wear down defenses anymore. 58 yards per game isnt wearing out anybody.

That analysis was not a good one for Zeke by any stretch.