Video: Zeke vs. Pollard - An interesting breakdown

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Points out pretty clearly that they compliment each other & we need both for different things. And they can't be productive unless the O line is good and the play calling supports the talent.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Zeke vs Pollard an interesting breakdown....Jerry wants the guys that he's payed to play. Why, because Jerry wants to look like a genius. And Jerry has paid Zeke, so Jerry wants Zeke to play. It's going to be interesting this year, because Jerry asked Lamb to wear #88. Which means Jerry wants Lamb to be our new star WR. So if Jerry wants Zeke to be a star and Lamb to be a star, then that puts pressure on Moore to make both of those things happen. If Moore could actually learn how to feature a star WR, that would be great. But Moore also needs to learn how to lean on Pollard more. So it's actually what the fans want vs what Jerry wants, when it comes to Zeke and Pollard.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke vs Pollard an interesting breakdown....Jerry wants the guys that he's payed to play. Why, because Jerry wants to look like a genius. And Jerry has paid Zeke, so Jerry wants Zeke to play. It's going to be interesting this year, because Jerry asked Lamb to wear #88. Which means Jerry wants Lamb to be our new star WR. So if Jerry wants Zeke to be a star and Lamb to be a star, then that puts pressure on Moore to make both of those things happen. If Moore could actually learn how to feature a star WR, that would be great. But Moore also needs to learn how to lean on Pollard more. So it's actually what the fans want vs what Jerry wants.
Jerry pays all of them, but yet he's let high profile guys like Jaylon, Cooper, and Gregory go. I agree that Moore has to use Pollard more, but CeeDee is going to be who he's going to be, good, bad, or mediocre. I personally think "good", but Moore is going to try to get the ball to him, you can be sure of that.

Cmac

Reaction score
Don't be shocked - it probably isn't true. Give me Pollard over Zeke. I want to see a player on the field who is playing for the team and not his own bank account.
If you assess Pollard not working for his own bank account......that still leaves 51 other players you're letting slide.

Haimerej

Reaction score
He's not pitting them against each other. He's comparing their strengths and weaknesses, and pointing out what each is best used for.

The funny part is he's able to showcase, "what they do well," because those are the situations the coaches put them in. The coaches who don't know what they're doing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Points out pretty clearly that they compliment each other & we need both for different things. And they can't be productive unless the O line is good and the play calling supports the talent.

What Zeke provides is easily replaceable at a much lower price. A short yardage, GL type back that can handle 10-15 carries a game. Not hard to find.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke vs Pollard an interesting breakdown....Jerry wants the guys that he's payed to play. Why, because Jerry wants to look like a genius. And Jerry has paid Zeke, so Jerry wants Zeke to play. It's going to be interesting this year, because Jerry asked Lamb to wear #88. Which means Jerry wants Lamb to be our new star WR. So if Jerry wants Zeke to be a star and Lamb to be a star, then that puts pressure on Moore to make both of those things happen. If Moore could actually learn how to feature a star WR, that would be great. But Moore also needs to learn how to lean on Pollard more. So it's actually what the fans want vs what Jerry wants, when it comes to Zeke and Pollard.

True.............they need to feature Lamb and get him the ball.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jerry pays all of them, but yet he's let high profile guys like Jaylon, Cooper, and Gregory go. I agree that Moore has to use Pollard more, but CeeDee is going to be who he's going to be, good, bad, or mediocre. I personally think "good", but Moore is going to try to get the ball to him, you can be sure of that.

Lamb is clearly great. Baffles me that some of you dont see it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What Zeke provides is easily replaceable at a much lower price. A short yardage, GL type back that can handle 10-15 carries a game. Not hard to find.
This guy here think he knows football. This philosophy is exactly why zeke isn't "worth his contract". This guy shares Moore's misuse of Zeke.

Zeke is not a 12 carry back. Any more than Emmitt was. Remember when I showed you Emmitt carries per game and you put me on ignore?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Running the ball is up to moore, but

Moore offense' playbook was garbage last year , lets see if he can do anything this year.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Zeke is the starter. Pollard is the backup. All the objective YouTube videos won't change that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke is the starter. Pollard is the backup. All the objective YouTube videos won't change that.
Who's trying to change it? I posted the video so people could see a breakdown of their respective strengths and weaknesses, so that maybe some people could get a better understanding of why they're being used differently and why the running game isn't always as reliable as we want it to be.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Who's trying to change it? I posted the video so people could see a breakdown of their respective strengths and weaknesses, so that maybe some people could get a better understanding of why they're being used differently and why the running game isn't always as reliable as we want it to be.

Did you forget what board you are posting on? No one here needs clear objective data, just feelings.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
One guy had a torn PCL. The other did not.

Zeke toughed it out and did well the game after the injury but very limited after. stayed in. put up bad numbers so he could pass protect and do other stuff the knee didn't limit.

Reactions: BAT

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, the O-line isn't what it was when Zeke was at his best, but that works both ways. I'm not blaming Zeke for the offensive woes, I'm blaming the running game in general. The O-line hasn't been making it easy for him, but he doesn't force his will on defenses like he used to either.

His speed to get outside has diminished, which makes it easier for defenses to key on him toward the middle when he's in the backfield.
He was never a speed guy....alone. Yes....could threaten .....but he was always a smash em up guy first.
Not sure where you guys get this thin slim twitchy zeke from. Almost like you made it up, argue he isnt that, then claim him a loser. Weird.