Video: Zeke vs. Pollard - An interesting breakdown

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good job Bat! Should be Post Of The Year...but I'm not sure you'll get any traction. People seem to have their minds made up regardless of any facts.

I.E. claiming to be an expert about a video that he didn't even watch.

Reactions: BAT

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But it didn't backslide until he suffered the knee injury. Prior to that he was 2nd in the league in rushing (to Henry) and was averaging a full yard more per carry than Henry was. He was ballin.. Then the knee happened and that seemed to be all the excuse Moore needed to go full Air Raid. I'm not interested in any analysis of Zeke's performance last season that acts as if what we saw after injury is the "real Zeke" while everything that happened before should be discounted. Injuries happen.. they're part of the game.. and backs who run up the middle behind suspect lines get hurt more than most. Especially if when they're not fighting off 2-3 tacklers in the backfield they're being asked to throw their bodies in front of pass rushers.. some of whom will outweigh him by 100 pounds. I've given up on Moore ever figuring out how to call an effective run game.. I don't much care who the back is.. as long as the backside DE is getting left unblocked while we run delay handoffs up the middle the ground game is going to struggle. Yes Zeke and Pollard are good enough to occasionally make chicken soup out of .. well. you know.. but either our blocking schemes suck or the linemen do.. maybe both because defenders meeting our guys in the backfield at the moment they take the handoff is a recurring theme for us the last two years. If that doesn't get fixed you could alternate between Jim Brown, Walter Payton and Emmitt Smith and still not have a consistent running game.

I cannot fathom how this doesn't make sense and connect with people. Has to be some sort of massive cognitive bias or logical fallacy....I dunno.

"but but but the money!" they shriek. :huh:

Xeven

Reaction score
Basically if Zeke can get healthy he will rock. If not we need Pollard to step up and perhaps time for Zeke to retire if injuries are going to keep him down.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Basically if Zeke can get healthy he will rock. If not we need Pollard to step up and perhaps time for Zeke to retire if injuries are going to keep him down.
What we need is a healthy zeke and an OC to use Pollard effectively. We also need the o-line to get their crap together, block and stop with the penalties.

If these things don;t happen...then we're screwed.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I cannot fathom how this doesn't make sense and connect with people. Has to be some sort of massive cognitive bias or logical fallacy....I dunno.

"but but but the money!" they shriek. :huh:

Hatred is not a rational emotion. Some people hate him because of the whole suspension fiasco and doing the stupid things he did when he was a 21 year old millionaire kid. Others hate him because he held out. To which I say, whatever. He's a good football player.. He gives up his body for the team and this team has a ridiculous winning percentage when they give him the ball a lot. I am crossing my fingers that he didn't do permanent damage to his knee by playing on it as long he did. If he's healthy he's gonna ball... line or no line. But at this point, after running on a bad knee for that many games I'm worried about him. And that doesn't even touch on the fact that the OC doesn't really want him to be successful.. He insists on calling 90% of his running plays up the middle and absolutely refuses to run the ball more than 2 plays in a row.. no matter how successful the previous run was. 2 yards or 20 yards.. the next play WILL be a pass. Period, end of story.

plasticman

Reaction score
Parcells knew how to use Julius Jones and Marion Barber.

Jerry knew how to misuse them.

Moore has a chance assuming no "assistance" from Jerry. It's a risky assumption.