Zeke vs San Francisco

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
After reading all these comments I keep seeing that Zeke is a power back and defenders get worn down tackling him and whatnot. But, I don't see Zeke running over would be tacklers, breaking tackles at a decent clip, nor does anyone seem to fear him or be worn down by him.

It usually takes only one guy to tackle Zeke in the open field, so I'm just kinda seeing these attributes Zeke brings to a game as a myth.
Yep, an absolute myth nowadays that’s being trotted as current day fact.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
After reading all these comments I keep seeing that Zeke is a power back and defenders get worn down tackling him and whatnot. But, I don't see Zeke running over would be tacklers, breaking tackles at a decent clip, nor does anyone seem to fear him or be worn down by him.

It usually takes only one guy to tackle Zeke in the open field, so I'm just kinda seeing these attributes Zeke brings to a game as a myth.

One that's it!!! Most when he does get past 2 yards it's a shoelace tackle

Mr_437

Reaction score
Repeating these fallacies doesn't give them any more truth. By my count 6 Giants defenders had to leave the game after tackling him on Thanksgiving. 5 Eagles defenders also had to be helped off the field when they played at Dallas. If you have not seen Zeke running over would be tacklers then fine.. No one can see what you see as you watch the games.. but I know for a fact I can go back and watch those two games especially and point out the broken tackles and hurt defenders because it really stood out in those games. You call his positive attributes a "myth" because you don't see it. I contend that you don't see them because you don't want to. It's no big deal, most people look for confirmation of what they believe as opposed to trying to see that which renders our beliefs invalid. It's part of the human condition and we're all guilty of it. Zeke clearly has had no juice since the second Philly game. I don't think his body handled to double short week turnaround at all. Not going to get any better until the offseason so we roll with what we got. I should point out however that in the two games against Philly this season:

Pollard: 20 carries 63 yards (3.1 ypc) - 0 TDs, long of 15
Elliott: 29 carries 136 yards (4.7 ypc) - 2 TDs, long of 22

Something to keep in mind if we end up having to go to Philly next week.

Oh and if by some chance we get to host the G-men. Here's what they did in two games against those guys:

Pollard: 31 carries 165 yards (5.2 ypc) - 0 TD, long of 46
Elliott: 31 carries 165 yards (5.2 ypc) - 2 TD, long of 27

The identical ypc really caught me off guard. Especially considering Zeke got most of the dirty work short yardage totes and still matched TP in ypc.

Again I'm not here to argue that Zeke is playing at peak level right now. He clearly has worn down toward the end of the season and what we saw from him up to the Philly game might not come back this year. But this insistence on acting as if he has not contributed and cannot contribute to winning games is galling. I will never understand the need to do that. I would like to see him have a big day this weekend because if he does there's a good chance we're playing next weekend. But if he has an underwhelming day and we win I will be JUST as happy heading into next week!!!
Those guys for PHI hit each other trying to tackle Zeke, so I don't count that as Zeke punishing defenders. Also, because defenders had to leave a game doesn't necessarily mean it was by Zeke's doing. 6 Giants defenders had to leave the game after tackling Zeke? Wow I have to go back a see this.

Anyways, you perfectly described yourself when referring to bias eyes. Even if your right about 2 games the other games tell a sad story. I didn't make this stuff up. What you speak of for 2 games is an anomaly. Power backs truck ppl every game.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Those guys for hit each other trying to tackle Zeke, so I don't count that as Zeke punishing defenders. Also, because defenders had to leave a game doesn't necessarily mean it was by Zeke's doing. 6 Giants defenders had to leave the game after tackling Zeke? Wow I have to go back a see this.

Anyways, you perfectly described yourself when referring to bias eyes. Even if your right about 2 games the other games tell a sad story. I didn't make this stuff up. What you speak of for 2 games is an anomaly. Power backs truck ppl every game.
Yep. Somehow a 220 pound back who has lost all his speed and can't break a tackle to save his life is now a powerback.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
With an old war horse you always line him up and see what he's got on a given day because you never know when he might find the fountain of youth for a game or even just a half. Zeke might wake up feelin frisky on Sunday and go off. It'll be be evident pretty early on if that's the case. If it is then you feed him.. If it's not you turn it over to the young stallion. It doesn't matter which one of them gets rollin as long as one of them does. I do think because the Niners interior DL is not quite as stout as Tampa's there will be more room to run inside this week. But Warner and Co. aint no joke at the second level either.. Gonna need to bring the big boy pants to this one.
On some days the old gray mare is productive. Other days the old gray mare is as relevant ad a bump on a log.
My!
Some here want to experiment with Zeke:
you never know when he might find the fountain of youth for a game or even just a half.
Just put in Pollard and Davis and quit the will he play well today or won't he? nonsense.

 Then there is Jerald who is not about to admit defeat on the fat and ineffective Sequel Elliott's contract.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I'm tired of all the Zeke hate lately. Zeke is the Bull, and Pollard is the Horse. We need Zeke to pound the SF defense into submission, even at 2 or 3 yards at a time, then bring Pollard in to slip by and take it home.

The run game beats down a defense. So, run early and often, this will open up the play action passing game and let your racehorse loose on a tired d-line.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
So running a slow back for 2 yards and falling from a shoelace tackle is going to make 300lb men submit? Lmao.
OK, you never played football and probably don't understand much about it. You try run Pollard every down and he will be out of the game by halftime. LMAO

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Play him at fullback, he can do it, could help Pollard big time.
I like the lineup when we put him at fullback and Pollard at running back. It usually means a dive play to Elliott, but it doesn't have to. We could fake the dive and run an RPO with an option to pitch to Pollard or just pitch it to Pollard. The dive play forces the defense to play the inside run. If they are playing the outside run more, you read it and hand off up the middle to a less loaded box.

To me, that's more effective than us lining up an extra lineman in the backfield.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I like the lineup when we put him at fullback and Pollard at running back. It usually means a dive play to Elliott, but it doesn't have to. We could fake the dive and run an RPO with an option to pitch to Pollard or just pitch it to Pollard. The dive play forces the defense to play the inside run. If they are playing the outside run more, you read it and hand off up the middle to a less loaded box.

To me, that's more effective than us lining up an extra lineman in the backfield.
Good post sir.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
I think the cowboys are going to be able to run on this celebrated defense, not much in the first qtr but later in the game if they keep at it, holes will open.

jay94

Reaction score
It's hysterical that any other back on any other team, performing as putrid as Zeke would be benched, but Zeke get's all this highly masculine adjectives as tough, wears the defense out etc. He's to slow to get carries and verse this team it is 100% a waste of down, he can only provide blocking protection as he is one of the worst receiving backs to, yay he catches the ball when it's thrown to him, but falls down to a sneeze, and he couldn't evade an elephant.