Zeke vs. Saquon Comparison

Rayman70

Reaction score
BTW...Zeke is special in ways that cannot be quantified. But I will try. His do as I do leadership on the field...what I mean is...his play is contagious and is the heartbeat of the oline.They feed on one another...its a 5 yard run for example, that most backs would get maybe 2 yards. Its those little things...his effort, his belief in his ability. Hes not a rah rah guy...he's really one of those guys that leads by his play..and exudes swap...what is swag? In Zeke's case, its his results. He isn't a flamboyant guy per say. He goes out and works. I LOVE THAT. Barkley seems to be similar in that way...but the key with HIM will be health...durability because of the way he plays. Im a fan of the kid...just not against Dallas lol. Bottomline is, give me Zeke's durability and swag anyday of the week.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If I had either one and somebody offered me 2 #1s they'd be gone.
lol...NOPE....Don't take for granted what each player does for their team. The Gents would be 0-5. We COULDNT HAVE DONE WHAT WE DID AGAINST THE JAGS WITHOUT ZEKE.

DanA

Reaction score
They are both exception.

Barkley is a better athlete, more explosive but less durable.

Zeke is IMO a more well rounded RB but doesn’t have a standout attribute like Barkley’s explosion/speed.

Any team would be happy with either. But I’d bet good money that while Barkley might have a better standout year, that Zeke will smash Barkley in terms of career yards.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I'd like to compare our franchise RB with the Giants franchise RB.
We have a very small sample size so far with Saquon in the NFL, but what we can do is compare the two and what they did in college facing similar competition.

Zeke:
Att: 592, Yards: 3,961, Avg: 6.7, TD's: 43
Rec: 58, Yards: 449, Avg: 7.7, TD's: 1

Saquon
Att: 671, Yards: 3,843, Avg: 5.7, TD's: 43
Rec: 102, Yards: 1,195, Avg: 11.7, TD's: 8

Saquon has been called a generational talent, and Zeke wasn't considered in the same class of Saquon, but clearly you can see Zeke has better rushing stats and 1 yard more per carry for their entire careers.

Bottomline I think is what we know, Zeke is the better rusher, Saquon is the better receiver.

What do you guys think?
Saquon's offensive line was terrible. The is a terrible comparison using stats.

aria

Reaction score
We have a very small sample size so far with Saquon in the NFL, but what we can do is compare the two and what they did in college facing similar competition.

Zeke:

Saquon

Saquon has been called a generational talent, and Zeke wasn't considered in the same class of Saquon, but clearly you can see Zeke has better rushing stats and 1 yard more per carry for their entire careers.

Bottomline I think is what we know, Zeke is the better rusher, Saquon is the better receiver.

What do you guys think?
YPC are such a dumb stat, you shouldn’t even bother posting them, there’s way too many variables involved. I know how many Zeke lovers like to post “but he’s leading the league in rushing”. Who cares?

I haven’t read one word of this thread yet but at this point there’s little anyone can say that will convince me one is better than other (on the field). They both have different skill sets and they are both very good. If anything, Zeke has an advantage due to a much better O line but that’s one of the many variables of why YPC is a stupid stat.

Off the field, I’ll take Barkley all day every day over most other NFL players. Obviously that can change with one dumb tweet, publicity stunt or whatever but as of now he’s a class act who says and does all the right things. JJ Watt would be my first choice for a character guy just because he’s been in the league so long.

Last edited:

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I like the comparison of Zeke/Barkley to Smith/Sanders. I know that if I need one yard, I'm choosing Zeke/Smith, and to me that's a really important quality in a running back.

Speaking of that, my favorite fact about Smith and his OL in the glory days was he could ALWAYS get that one yard. I felt that way about Zeke and his OL in 2016, and I'd really like to get back to that level this year. Is it possible without Frederick?

CWR

Reaction score
There is no Engram. Stop saying that. LOL

No one is worried about the Giants passing game. Giants have probably the worst Oline in football. If anyone has it worse, its barkely and thats not debatable.

It doesn't matter how you twist it, the Giants have receiving weapons that need to be accounted for.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Zeke:

Saquon

What do you guys think?
Zeke looks smoother and Saquon looks faster and quicker. Both are great backs but Saquon doesn't have an oline or he would be off the charts. I think Zeke will last longer is a little more compact. Saquon is gonna get hurt with his wild running style.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Zeke is better....................We don't have an OBJ , a Sterling Shepard and/or an Evan Engram...............You put any of those 2 on the Cowboys and Elliott might get 2,500 yards rushing.......................

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how you twist it, the Giants have receiving weapons that need to be accounted for.

True, but it doenst matter because the Oline collapses. One receiving threat makes little difference when your own line simply caves in.

Barkely has less to work with then Zeke does.

Reactions: CWR

Batman1980

Reaction score
I’d definitely take Zeke.

tenor.gif

Tussinman

Reaction score
Saquon has been called a generational talent, and Zeke wasn't considered in the same class of Saquon,
PFF listed Elliot as the most complete running back prospect since 2007 Adrian Peterson (future HOF inductee). Majority of draft experts compared him to Edgerrin James whose been a finalist for the HOF the last 3 years.

The term generational might of never been used but he was viewed as basically the perfect NFL player with no weaknesses, hence why he was compared to 2 HOF caliber players before ever taking a NFL snap

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Im starting to think Barkley is better due to his pass catching ability and hes more of a hr threat

CWR

Reaction score
True, but it doenst matter because the Oline collapses. One receiving threat makes little difference when your own line simply caves in.

Barkely has less to work with then Zeke does.

I agree with that. I guess I just want to point out Zeke isnt in an idea situation anymore either. We are a long ways from 2016. Barkley has his own obstacles to overcome. Given my mans history of production Im still taking Zeke.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I've seen Barkley a little bit. Barkley seems to be a touch faster and more likely to hit a homerun. Zeke will give me positive yardage almost everytime there is a hole, and give me the extra 2-3 dirty yards when he is hit. That's not to say that neither of them are good at the other - they both are. Barkley is a strong runner who is hard to take down and given the right moment, Zeke can get 60 yards outta nowhere, but that's where their tendencies lie.

I'll always take the consistent dirty yards over the homerun. Homeruns are great when they happen but when they don't a dry spell happens. If I can trust getting a minimum of 3 yards everytime I hand off (not including when they're hit in the backfield) I'll take it.