Zeke was smart to hold out when he did

kskboys

Reaction score
He is lucky Jerry and son are dumb as dirt had he pulled that in NE Bill would of shipped him out. Big contracts for RBs should just about be dead Rams let go of their guy and Panthers would like to trade their guy and sure Cowboys regret their mistake.
Not to mention Levon Bellhead.

kskboys

Reaction score
It could be said that owners rob players. They make billions off of them, and pay them peanuts compared to what they make, to watch them get totally beaten up.
Cannot be said at all any more. That was true way back in the 70's before unions. Players are very well paid.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
He got his money before he fell off. Now set for life if he's not dumb with his money. Had he waited one more season he wouldn't have gotten paid nearly what he got. On the flip side, his contract hurts Dallas.

Zeke is slow and he is definitely washed up here but I am glad he got his money. Positions like running backs should be able to negotiate their own pay scale upon being drafted. Running back should never be on a rookie deal when he can be ran into the ground. So I don't mind if an rb takes the owner to the cleaners on their 2nd contract.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He got his money before he fell off. Now set for life if he's not dumb with his money. Had he waited one more season he wouldn't have gotten paid nearly what he got. On the flip side, his contract hurts Dallas.

Stephen Jones should never have given in and just let him hold out until he came crawling back. The Cowboys had two years worth of contract and options, they just failed to use that leverage.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Do you have a legit source for this information or is it your opinion? I think it is just your opinion. If so, you should say so.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Zeke should be cut, he’s done. Lethargic, chubby, slow, complacent, no drive, he’s done. Only thing he does well is pick up blocks on blitzing linebackers. I have to give him credit for that. But I believe that’s because he’s personal good friends with Dak. If that was anyone else, he’d just let them by. Lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
Zeke is slow and he is definitely washed up here but I am glad he got his money. Positions like running backs should be able to negotiate their own pay scale upon being drafted. Running back should never be on a rookie deal when he can be ran into the ground. So I don't mind if an rb takes the owner to the cleaners on their 2nd contract.

That doesn't help RBs in the future when the end result for the team is negative.

With rookie contracts, there's rarely a good reason to give a RB an extension. A 22 year old picked in the first round is going to be near 27, why would you extend a 27 year old RB? Some younger ones? Possibly. But I wouldn't attach much guaranteed money to it.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. It was a smart move on his part. Selfish but with millions of dollars on the line you can't fault him for being selfish. I would have done it. I hope he is smart with his money. I'd hate to hear that he is struggling after he retires. I don't blame Zeke for his bad contact, I blame Jerry and Jerry jr.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
When that fat little turd jumped into the kettle our big brain GM fell in love. We were toast from that moment on. Any chance of rational thought was gone forever. To Jerry that was as good as a superbowl win.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. It was a smart move on his part. Selfish but with millions of dollars on the line you can't fault him for being selfish. I would have done it. I hope he is smart with his money. I'd hate to hear that he is struggling after he retires. I don't blame Zeke for his bad contact, I blame Jerry and Jerry jr.

I blame Zeke. Only crybabies hold out for cash 3 years into their 5 year contract.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I blame Zeke. Only crybabies hold out for cash 3 years into their 5 year contract.
It’s important to note, his contract was a 3 year contract. Then the team owns the 5th year option on first round picks. And then team then has the option to use the franchise tag.

I don’t fault Zeke at all for holding out. RBs get screwed on rookie contracts because they provide their most value when they are most limited on the salary they can command and are run ragged making a second contract pretty stupid for the team.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Good for him.... front office and fans don't appreciate crap. Get it while you can. The system and most fans will chew you up and spit you out.
I have to agree. The system is full of imbeciles like the Joneses. If you are lucky enough to get Stephen Jones on the other end of the bargaining table, consider yourself fortunate and take it all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I was making 10 mil/year, I absolutely would, no hesitation. Greed is not a good thing.
Is it greed?

We make assumptions about greed without being in that circle. There is a huge difference between 10M and 15M and also about players making both amounts. Players estimate their own value by comparison to other players at their position.

It is a myth than Brady took less so they could pay other players or even that he would do that because his wife makes more money than he does. He did it because that's what he had to do to stay on that team and he knew exactly how that team was constructed and would be as long as Belichick was in charge.

Prescott was called greedy when he was negotiating when that entire business and sport is built around getting yours while you can and there is no such thing as loyalty. Kraft and Belichick were not loyal to Brady, Kraft made him take the deal and topped that off by telling the media "Tom had little choice, that was the deal". And Brady is still bitter because of it which is why he left NE out of his retirement announcement.

I never fault any player for going for all he can. The fault lies with those that give that to him, especially those that do that too often with too many players as this team has done consistently. They have the worst reputation with holding their ground with the agents and they earned that. The agents ignore what the Joneses have to say because they talk to talk. Every agent for every star just stares them down.

conner01

Reaction score
Good for him.... front office and fans don't appreciate crap. Get it while you can. The system and most fans will chew you up and spit you out.
I’d like to see how many fans go to their boss and say I want to make less so you can make more lol

shabazz

Reaction score
Stephen Jones should never have given in and just let him hold out until he came crawling back. The Cowboys had two years worth of contract and options, they just failed to use that leverage.

……there was a brief moment when I thought they had the cajones to stand their ground. I guess they knew they would cave so might as well do it quickly

But in Zekes case, at least he was the best RB in football for 3 years, despite the 6 game bogus suspension so the me too movement could get their pound of flesh

kskboys

Reaction score
So, you'd rather the Cowboys lose while overpaying players. Very strange take.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’d like to see how many fans go to their boss and say I want to make less so you can make more lol
Not the owners, their teammates. The NFL has a salary minimum, so overpaying any player comes out of the other players' pockets.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
No, Jerry Jones was a colossal idiot for giving a running back - especially one like Zeke - that kind of deal.