Zeke was smart to hold out when he did

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Rooting for the player to get all he can is rooting against the team.

And it means nothing. If "rooting" made a difference the Cowboys would have more than 3 playoff wins in the last 25 years.

I have zero problem with a guy wanting paid - we all do. It's up to management to make smart decisions. If they can't do that it's not the player's fault.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I said it at the time.... don't give him the money and let him come crawling back. Anyone can see he was already slipping ..

Dumb signing.
QB and WR shouldn’t have gotten their contracts as well.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Why not?

Love to hear this...
Good morning sir! For that kind of $, you had better be elite!I mean the best of the best.Neither one is.Those contracts can hold back a team from doing other things they need to address such as OL, IDL,LB , ect.I don’t think winning is the main priority w/ some of these players.Fortune and fame seem to come 1st.Maybe take a little less, so the team can do more.Honestly, what’s the difference between 32 & 40 million a year, especially when you consider there’s no state tax and $ that comes from commercials and fame of being a Cowboy.

Ken

Reaction score
Good morning sir! For that kind of $, you had better be elite!I mean the best of the best.Neither one is.Those contracts can hold back a team from doing other things they need to address such as OL, IDL,LB , ect.I don’t think winning is the main priority w/ some of these players.Fortune and fame seem to come 1st.Maybe take a little less, so the team can do more.Honestly, what’s the difference between 32 & 40 million a year, especially when you consider there’s no state tax and $ that comes from commercials and fame of being a Cowboy.
It is the going rate for QB nowadays. Carr is about to get at least 40 mill a year.

The Cooper deal was scheduled to be a restructure...it is only in doubt now bc he didn't perform last year. I think they probably go thru with the restructure but want him to sweat a little bit.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is the going rate for QB nowadays. Carr is about to get at least 40 mill a year.

The Cooper deal was scheduled to be a restructure...it is only in doubt now bc he didn't perform last year. I think they probably go thru with the restructure but want him to sweat a little bit.

The reason Carr is asking for 40M is b/c Dak is making 40M , and he is at least as good if not better than Dak. Jerry basically destroyed the existing salary cap structure for QBs by paying Dak like he's a top 5 QB. That's not a good thing.

Ken

Reaction score
The reason Carr is asking for 40M is b/c Dak is making 40M , and he is at least as good if not better than Dak. Jerry basically destroyed the existing salary cap structure for QBs by paying Dak like he's a top 5 QB. That's not a good thing.
Oh ok.

Dak had top 5 stats this year. I know you will be able to pooh pooh that but that is the facts.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh ok.

Dak had top 5 stats this year. I know you will be able to pooh pooh that but that is the facts.
Hollow, meaningless stats.Where were those stats against good teams when it mattered?Carson Wentz had pretty good stats on paper too.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
You all might as well admit it, BIG mistakes made on Zeke, DLaw and Dak...you could add Coop as well. But those first three have taken a big bite out of the team salary cap and none of them are worth their salary. DLaw is an overpaid tackle, Zeke an overpaid fullback and Dak overpaid average QB and certainly not one to carry a franchise. Can't even win a wild card game and gets befuddled quickly. Pressure him early and you're in his head the rest of the game. Zeke's best days are behind him and i guess he got what he wanted out of his career. Move on.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score

Going rate for elite QB’s.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You all might as well admit it, BIG mistakes made on Zeke, DLaw and Dak...you could add Coop as well. But those first three have taken a big bite out of the team salary cap and none of them are worth their salary. DLaw is an overpaid tackle, Zeke an overpaid fullback and Dak overpaid average QB and certainly not one to carry a franchise. Can't even win a wild card game and gets befuddled quickly. Pressure him early and you're in his head the rest of the game. Zeke's best days are behind him and i guess he got what he wanted out of his career. Move on.
Definitely on Elliott.

He won in college and that's enough for him.

His NFL career was about getting paid and being a celebrity.

Hall of Fame talent that won't even come close.

Hey....there's no getting around paying a price for trying so hard to prove the Garrett thing right.

There's a ton of underperformance and dead money that's finally shown up.

Wait until that Dak restructure money hits the books.

I'll bet you the deed to my house that they have neither "gone for it" or even made an attempt to have plan B in place before that happens.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Definitely on Elliott.

He won in college and that's enough for him.

His NFL career was about getting paid and being a celebrity.

Hall of Fame talent that won't even come close.

Hey....there's no getting around paying a price for trying so hard to prove the Garrett thing right.

There's a ton of underperformance and dead money that's finally shown up.

Wait until that Dak restructure money hits the books.

I'll bet you the deed to my house that they have neither "gone for it" or even made an attempt to have plan B in place before that happens.
In Zeke’s defense, he did carry that team on his back for 1st 3 yrs, but you’re right.

fivetwos

Reaction score
In Zeke’s defense, he did carry that team on his back for 1st 3 yrs, but you’re right.
I'm with that. Like I said....he has the talent.

Getting himself suspended, legit or not, killed the entire 2017 season.

The sharp decline was predictable (based on the history of guys like Larry Johnson, Shawn Alexander, etc) and the contract is on ownership for caving, but it was all about saving face with Garrett.

Ken

Reaction score
Hollow, meaningless stats.Where were those stats against good teams when it mattered?Carson Wentz had pretty good stats on paper too.
Wentz didn't have top 5 stats.

Dak's stats against good teams were on par with all other qbs.

Prove me wrong if you don't think so.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Against solid teams,Dak played badly w/ the exception of Tampa.His stats may have looked good by the end of games when they were down and D was playing soft.Again, hollow.I don’t need to look anything up because all you had to do was watch the games to see this.Any pro analyst will tell you that.Not good in crunch time.I’m not even going to argue w/ you about this because 98% of people who aren’t Dak apologists will agree.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I have ZERO issue with what Zeke did considering what would have most likely happened to him. They would've have run him D.Murray style then not paid him again.

I do have an issue with the front office picking him 4th overall. Because he was picked so high, they were basically forced to pay him to not look like idiots for drafting him that high.

Zeke's an excellent back, but if you remember he was picked that high as protection for Tony Romo and that defense. He did his job in that regard. However, an investment in a QB and/or Dlineman would have done the same thing. And then you could've gotten a back in the later rounds.