Zeke will face 9 man boxes. This game is on Dak

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We need to spread the field in the red zone. 4wr + Zeke. Give Zeke room to run.

They often do more TE's here as they are bigger targets for Dak. But they should be out wider so the safeties are worried about the sidelines more. Just need 1 LB or 1 safety to freeze so Zeke can power his way in.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Does he have to run routes and get open also?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The Cowboys don't see 9-man boxes, because they don't run many 8-man blocking schemes.

Most likely, they'll see 7-man boxes against 6 blockers, but there is always going to be more defenders than blockers in the box. It's been the same since Zeke got to Dallas.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Need to get TEs involved more and we saw what happened against Giants game. Sure we saw more TEs involved in the last couple of games. Rarely do I see them do so since Witten.

You see Blake getting opened many times in the middle of the field.

Go to time index 4:15, Dak could have easily thrown the ball straight middle for Blake to get to the touchdown earlier than expected when there are no safeties in middle.

GMO415

Reaction score
That's nothing new.
giphy.gif

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Also did receivers and Dak should keep communicating and changing routes when pressured as well since we saw that many times and was able to successfully complete it. Just like that Allen Hurns catch.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
A healthy rested Zeke is dangerous and Seattle knows it. Just listened to few shows mentioning Seattle will go to an extreme degree (9 man boxes if needed) to stop Zeke. This is Dak moment to shine. If he looks pressure in the face and calmly delivers a win then I think Dallas is on their way to being SB contender over next few seasons and Dak should get extension after season.

However, if some of those Dak pick-6 throws aren't dropped by defenders and Wilson grossly out-shines him I think there will be fire storm of criticism that will last entire off season. For our mental health perspective Dallas needs to win this game.
Move him out of the pocket, do some rpo's go no huddle, throw quick slants, some screens go over the top here and their as well as designed qb runs, use Austin out in space not just jet sweeps and get the defense guessing by dressing up the same plays. Linehan has to be not only creative but to adjust and go with anything working till they stop it and being predictable and vanilla is not conducive to winning in a playoff game. Seattle presents major matchup problems if we can't block so the ball has to come out quick and decisive on Dak's part.

cnuball21

Reaction score
What else is new, Zeke will face stacked boxes?

Dak is going to have to win on the outside early and often to loosen the D up. Hopefully we don’t drop passes this go round and no Earl should help.

dallas72

Reaction score
A healthy rested Zeke is dangerous and Seattle knows it. Just listened to few shows mentioning Seattle will go to an extreme degree (9 man boxes if needed) to stop Zeke. This is Dak moment to shine. If he looks pressure in the face and calmly delivers a win then I think Dallas is on their way to being SB contender over next few seasons and Dak should get extension after season.

However, if some of those Dak pick-6 throws aren't dropped by defenders and Wilson grossly out-shines him I think there will be fire storm of criticism that will last entire off season. For our mental health perspective Dallas needs to win this game.
Seattle plays a cover 1 defense 1 safety deep...

Praxit

Reaction score
....probably just hype, they know its a stupid move. But I can see them trying it out at first. When they do, hope Dak will make em' pay.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To be honest, I think every team's goal was to stop Zeke and make Dak beat them. In fact, Dak now with Cooper should be licking his chops seeing 8-9 men in the box.
Unless they show 8-9, then back out of it and completely confuse him.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Wow! They are going to stack the box, why haven't other teams tried that? :huh:

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Garrett will clap at some point in the game.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Against the Giants, Dak was loose, carefree and just played. Best game I've seen him play in his career because he just let it go. He needs to bring that mentality into these playoffs. If they line up 8/9 in the box, he just needs to throw his one on one receivers open and let them get that ball and run! Cooper and Beasley should have a field day over the middle. Both of these guys can get instant separation in man to man. Make them pay, they'll back off and then you can fire up Zeke.

ESisback

Reaction score

Which result brings the best rating$? That’s what’ll happen.