News: Zeke Won't Return without Deal

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This is such a terrible take.

One, when people said running back by committee it still means having a few fairly talented guys. No one has ever suggested signing you and two of your friends to be our running backs.

But yes, I think if the Cowboys got pissed at Elliott and decided they want a Duke Johnson or Ajayi, they could cobble together a pretty decent run game (assuming this OL is healthy) with some combination of Ajayi, Morris, Johnson, Weber and then Pollard as a third down/scat back.

My proof is that everyone said McFadden sucked and yet he ran for 1000 yards in a season where we had zero QB play.
"Let's End This Myth Now, Zeke Has To Show Up Tomorrow."

Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone misinterpreted every now and then. So don't let people give you hell for your mistake because I'm sure that they have made some too. That includes me.

khiladi

Reaction score
Statistics don’t indicate the cowboys are any better with Zeke on the field as opposed to with him off.

The offense struggles either way

Struggling is in degrees. And statistics do indicate Dak and this team is worse off with Zeke off the field. And statistics do indicate defenses view Zeke as a much bigger threat than Dak.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thanks for helping my point , Zekes not injury prone and only has 3.5 mil to lose this year,

And that same "3.5 million he would make when his contract tolls for 2020. Anything other "point" you want to be wrong about here?

IMO Bell won because Steelers didnt make the playoffs, he didnt get hurt or put mileage on his body, stood his ground and got a great deal..Did he get everything he wanted, NO, but he made his point..

If his "point" was to lose $14 million he will never get back, he's a moron. He's now stuck in purgatory with the Jets. Winning nothing, running nowhere behind a lousy offensive line, and fading into obscurity. He didn't even want to play there but they were the only team that wanted him. And the guy that did sign him was fired, Some "winner"...

Zekes making his point and has right to make more NOW then wait later until they use him up and throw him away.. SO yes I am behind Zeke 100% as the elite RB situation with the way they are treated , have a right to stand up and say I wont do it when others on the team stand to make more yet they arent producing like Zeke is..you should get paid by how much you add to the team and Zeke is the only player up for anew contract that has that argument, hes better then Amari and Dak put together yet they wont even pay him top dollar which would be less then anyone else...

And the Cowboys have the "right" to replace the position, like NFL teams do all the time. You and Zeke can go try to "make your point" with another team. See how that goes?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look we all know Dak sucked, which you even admitted. But you attributed it to being with Smith bring out, but we all know Smith played in multiple games without Zeke and Dak’s garbage performances were there for all to see. The fact you used a plus 40 game baseline to argue your point shows how clueless you are about stats.

Dak still was mediocre against the Giants. He allowed the Giants, who sucked, a whole half to take the lead while he floundered around in typical Dak fashion and he was only bailed out by Cole Beasley on a broken ankle, that you probably say sucked as well and you are probably glad he’s gone as well. Even if you count that meaningless game, the statistics still don’t support you. They played this ‘all world’ QB risking him the whole game when they had the playoffs the next game. They didn’t Zeke...

What were Prescott's stats that you claim "sucked"? Tell the class now...

khiladi

Reaction score
What were Prescott's stats that you claim "sucked"? Tell the class now...

What were Dak’s stats overall WITHOUT Zeke and with Tyson Smith, not a 45 game stretch with both homie, which you claimed as evidence. Are you saying that the evidence you based you argument on that “some people are fooled” no longer is evidence, meaning you admitted to being fooled?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wait. So how did it "reset". Bell signs in free agency, yet Gurley's deal just does not count any more?

This is how an idiot would negotiate.

Well it's now easy to see how and why we have the problem that we do.

If that's his position, start trade talks, because Stephen Jones isn't signing this guy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What were Dak’s stats overall WITHOUT Zeke and with Tyson Smith, not a 45 game stretch with both homie, which you claimed as evidence. Are you saying that the evidence you based you argument on that “some people are fooled” no longer is evidence, meaning you admitted to being fooled?

Show the stats. Or shut up. You're just noise at this point and have nothing.

khiladi

Reaction score
Show the stats. Or shut up. You're just noise at this point and have nothing.

Show the stats of Dak without Zeke and with Smith? I already did, they are garbage. 45 games isn’t what those stats are.

So what are the stats of Dak without Zeke and Smith? Who has nothing? So basically you are saying Dak is better off without Zeke..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Show the stats of Dak without Zeke and with Smith? I already did, they are garbage. 45 games isn’t what those stats are.

So what are the stats of Dak without Zeke and Smith? Who has nothing?

Show the stats you've claimed "sucked". The stats I've challenged yo to produce for the past ten posts. The ones from Prescott's last "game without Zeke". The ones that you try to be willfully ignorant about because you end up looking foolish.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

khiladi

Reaction score
Show the stats you've claimed "sucked". The stats I've challenged yo to produce for the past ten posts. The ones from Prescott's last "game without Zeke". The ones that you try to be willfully ignorant about because you end up looking foolish.

I claimed Dak sucked without Zeke. You claimed he sucked without Zeke and Smith. I said that’s wrong, because three of those games during the stretch Smith was playing. You then tried to counter that 45 games proved it was Smith and the said ‘I was fooled’. I said your basically don’t even know what your talking about, because those 45 games included with Zeke and that fit you to sit there acting like I was ‘fooled’ is the height of irony.

You then brought up one meaningless game in which Dak was blowing hot chunks for significant periods to start the game as well as allowing the Giants to get back into the game and take a lead as some sort of proof Dak is allegedly all world without Zeke and with Smith. So you countered with one game out of 4 games without Smith abd wighout Zeke and that game was meaningless and Dallas risked playing whom you claim is a legend a whole game to ‘air it out’ With no consequences to get practice against garbage corners, risking injury. A game where even Darren Woodson said Dak was basically throwing against garbage corners and side zones.

So what exactly does that prove? Dak still sucks without Zeke and with Smith. He also sucks when he does have Zeke and Smith and no Cooper. He also sucks when he has all three and teams just shift a safety over to Cooper’s side, which is why Cooper couldn’t even break thirty yards in those games to finish the season.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article223864625.html

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I claimed Dak sucked without Zeke. You claimed he sucked without Zeke and Smith. I said that’s wrong, because three of those games during the stretch Smith was playing. You then tried to counter that 45 games proved it was Smith and the said ‘I was fooled’. I said your basically don’t even know what your talking about, because those 45 games included with Zeke and that fit you to sit there acting like I was ‘fooled’ is the height of irony.

You then brought up one meaningless game in which Dak was blowing hot chunks for significant periods to start the game as well as allowing the Giants to get back into the game and take a lead as some sort of proof Dak is allegedly all world without Zeke and with Smith. So you countered with one game out of 4 games without Smith abd wighout Zeke and that game was meaningless and Dallas risked playing whom you claim is a legend a whole game to ‘air it out’ With no consequences to get practice against garbage corners, risking injury. A game where even Darren Woodson said Dak was basically throwing against garbage corners and side zones.

So what exactly does that prove? Dak still sucks without Zeke and with Smith. He also sucks when he does have Zeke and Smith and no Cooper. He also sucks when he has all three and teams just shift a safety over to Cooper’s side, which is why Cooper couldn’t even break thirty yards in those games to finish the season.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article223864625.html

Stats?
:huh:

khiladi

Reaction score

Explain how many of those 45 games Zeke played in that you used as proof it was all because of “Zeke and Smith”? So now your saying Dak doesn’t need Zeke?

No, what's also "cute" is they include THREE of those games Zeke was SUSPENDED for. That's the point. The one you want to close your eyes to.

Your the one that brought these stats, not I. You don’t even know what you are talking about.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

Wait. So how did it "reset". Bell signs in free agency, yet Gurley's deal just does not count any more?

This is how an idiot would negotiate.

Not really we’re talking about a difference of about 1.5 million here. I think Stephan should hold it down at no more than 14 just to show Zeke that if he doesn’t accept he can sit out for 2 years and maybe even 3 if they franchise him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I keep hearing this ....... But Ware and Dez both still had contracts and loved the Cowboys when Jerry and Stephen cut them.

Guess only the players should be expected to fulfill the contracts .......

I think this is actually the wrong wording Zrin. I mean, I get what you are saying here but I don't think anybody is actually saying fulfill the contracts excluding all else. I think fans are saying that you need to fulfill the terms of the Contract. If the terms are a fully guaranteed deal, then the team is obligated to fulfill the terms of that deal. If the deal is not 100% fully guaranteed, then it's written that way for a reason and Players and Agents know this. In the case of Zeke, his deal was 98% guaranteed and all parties new and understood this from the get go. I mean, teams pay players up front and sometimes players just tank after they get paid. How many times have we seen this. Teams still live with the money spent so I think it goes both ways depending on the situation. I don't really see it as only the players who have to stand up to the terms. Both sides have to, or should do this. Teams absolutely have to do this, without exception.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Explain how many of those 45 games Zeke played in that you used as proof it was all because of “Zeke and Smith”? So now your saying Dak doesn’t need Zeke?

Your the one that brought these stats, not I. You don’t even know what you are talking about.

Stats?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean the game Smith didn’t even play? The one against the Giants?

Yes. Show those stats. The one you said Dak "sucked" in. The one asked of you for the past 30 minutes. The one you're obviously avoiding. Flush your credibility completely down the drain.

Until then, the only reply you deserve to get will be this one:

Stats?

khiladi

Reaction score
Yes. Show those stats. The one you said Dak "sucked" in. The one asked of you for the past 30 minutes. The one you're obviously avoiding. Flush your credibility completely down the drain.

Until then, the only reply you deserve to get will be this one:

Stats?

The one Smith didn’t even play in? So Dak sucks WITH Smith is what your saying?