News: Zeke Won't Return without Deal

Proof

Reaction score
And just how many actual player contracts have you personally read? If there wasn't a clause in ALL player contracts that allow teams to terminate the contract for need, then the courts would be full of cases from players taking teams to court for terminating their contracts. Players don't have any clauses that allow them to not fulfill their contracts.
That’s kind of the point. No one is saying teams can’t do it, just crappy that ONLY they can. And while that’s the case, players (who had no hand in the CBA negotiations that pre-dated them) will exercise the only leverage they have.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
My point being is that a player holding out while on contract is the same as the team cutting a player while he is under contract. People can say that contracts are set up this way all they want ...... But it's the owners who have made all the rules so of course it's easy for them.

We all know that these owners will not give up one iota of power ...... So I do not think for one second that they are hampered by the rules they themselves made ...... I have come to realize they use the salary cap as a way to keep spending low and then Pretend they just have no choice.

No, not really. It's nothing alike. In fact, it was Zeke and his agent who demanded that his Rookie Deal be front loaded with a large signing bonus. I mean, clearly they had some power in that negotiation.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hope the Cowboys start making contingency plans. Investigate getting better running backs for your committee.

And start up the fines, as is their right.
He's not going to play without a new deal. That's the big question. A deal that's favorable for everyone? Other than that I totally agree with you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not going to play without a new deal. That's the big question. A deal that's favorable for everyone? Other than that I totally agree with you.

That’s his prerogative for sure. Now the Cowboys need to do what’s best for them. And that means better than Alfred Morris in my book.

Zeke has the right to sit.

And I’ll let him.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Because we should root for the laundry and not the players? The man shouldn't be able to maximize his earnings? It's no secret RB lifespans are short and the more you play the less future value you have - especially at that position.
Ya know,bro?,,the first paragraph in yer' post, unequivocally places you& those of like mindedness ,immediately into the equaled ranks as of those "camp tramp followers" who'd cabbaged onto the tail end baggage train of that two starred union army general Joe Hooker,,, from back in the faded dust of forgotten memories,,,doncha',,,?o_O

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes I would rather be average. Then lose the future of of the franchise. 1 player. Does not make a Super Bowl. Might add a couple of more wins but that's it. So let it lie where it lies. I say go Cowboys. Not go individual players. I truly believe in team. And maybe we step up and we're not average

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s his prerogative for sure. Now the Cowboys need to do what’s best for them. And that means better than Alfred Morris in my book.

Zeke has the right to sit.

And I’ll let him.
I just want to see an end I'm going to live with it no matter what happens obviously. My only opinion is get it done. So we can come up with a game plan with or without him. Not have to worry about every single week what we do next

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just want to see an end I'm going to live with it no matter what happens obviously. My only opinion is get it done. So we can come up with a game plan with or without him. Not have to worry about every single week what we do next

I hear ya friend. It gets old fast.

That said I don’t want to see the team do something stupid that they’ll regret either. I’ve lived through those days too.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
If he sits the entire season then it doesn't even count towards his contract correct? And if he does the same thing next year, then same right? So he could effectively end his career if he doesn't want to play and we hold him accountable?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We all saw this team win without are starters We saw them win without Witten with out Dez Bryant without Freddy. We're going to win without Elliott also. It's all about putting a game plan in place that's solid. Yeah I believe in this quarterback this franchise I saw what he did against the Ravens Giants. When they turned him loose. I'm not one that thinks he can't do it just because he doesn't

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So make an offer, he takes it he takes it he doesn't he doesn't and then just move on. Posturing LMAO

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Call his bluff and see if the idiot will truly sit.
I agree with the second portion. I don't know if it's a bluff or not. But offering solid money and get it done he either takes it or he doesn't I'm tired of playing

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, okay..... o_O

OXNARD, Calif. – An ESPN report that Ezekiel Elliott will not play for the Cowboys this season without a new contract is “news to us,” chief operating officer Stephen Jones told 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, okay..... o_O

OXNARD, Calif. – An ESPN report that Ezekiel Elliott will not play for the Cowboys this season without a new contract is “news to us,” chief operating officer Stephen Jones told 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday.
I have not heard an official statement from either side. This is just posturing by us fans

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
If they can’t beat theGiants, Skins, and Dolphins, they’re frauds anyway. That tells me that none of it is worth investing in.

And shame on them if they don’t have a plan by then.
*we dropped our season opener last season against Carolina cuz'
" package contents in no way,shape nor form genuinely reflects it's portrayed shipping packaging "

* ie: if history be the indicitive barometer? Head Coach Garrett will surrender the games battlefield with a stunned look of disbelief slapped across his forehead& a
#21 orgasm inducing big fat headed L for LOSER / game #1,,,as the past proves out, in the facts that the coaching staff is "all about the bizness of being the coaching staff engaged in their practiced arts(man, I really wanted to type the word " bailiwick ", but 90% of the forum members would dismiss it as to being uncouth& hayseed ,straight outta' the gate upon seeing it, due to their less than knowledgeable well roundedness of which their hubris overrules in such thoughts) ,,,er,,,instead of doing the original " envisioned reason of hire" of which is overly preparing their players in the impressive arts of resounding total dominant VICTORY come "kick-off"

*somewhere/sometime @Corso shall shed the tears of literary inner inadequacy upon his silent marvelling of this posto_O

ksadler1

Reaction score
I hope the Cowboys start making contingency plans. Investigate getting better running backs for your committee.

And start up the fines, as is their right.

I hope they win a SB without him. Nobody is asking him to play for free. Let him sit and start exploring some trade opportunities. Let's see who will pay him what he wants. I think he'll be surprised at just how many GMs won't...