Zekes accuser not required to be at hearing

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why waste time on this farce?

The NFL is doing nothing more than showing everyone what a joke their 'case' truly is. And showing the world that this 'appeal' is a worthless joke.

Prepare to get your ***** beat in court fellas, and a well-deserved and overdue beating it will be.

superonyx

Reaction score
Its funny how the league can pretend they are sending the arbitration to an independent arbitrator when they are sending it to someone who they have paid before and who obviously want to assure he gets paid again.

The accused should have some say in who hears his case.

It will be interesting to see how far Zeke is willing to go to clear his name and if it even matters.
This case tarnishes the league more than it tarnishes Zeke and the league doesn't seem to understand or care.

eyedoc

Reaction score

I feel like this rubber stamped process should be skipped and Zeke should take the NFL to court. The only outcome I see is a postponement of his six games suspension. Go Cowboys

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Mike Florio can see it's a farce, and I am glad he is covering it the way he is. You can almost get the sense he wants to call BS on the league and Zeke's accuser. But for obvious reasons he can't. But he can keep his articles like this up. People need to be aware that false accusations can ruin a person. If you don't have the right to defend yourself why bother? These people, Goodell, His weak panel of investigators and Henderson have already made their minds up. Dog and Pony show, boy the NFL office has turned into a complete joke. I think the DV issue is going to take that moron Goodell down. After listening to JJ talk about his contract extension and the NFLPA talking about a work shortage, I can't see how this chump survives.

LittleD

Reaction score
Zeke's lawyers absolutely have to take this to Federal Court to bring in all the NFL parties along with the woman and
all witnesses to these issues. All of them have to be put under oath and subject to perjury. That is the only hope of
Zeke getting a fair hearing on these issues. Lisa Friel should be put under oath to defend the actions of her boss.
Actually, Goodell and the NFL Owners should be on trial here. Sad.

erod

Reaction score
Zeke's lawyers absolutely have to take this to Federal Court to bring in all the NFL parties along with the woman and
all witnesses to these issues. All of them have to be put under oath and subject to perjury. That is the only hope of
Zeke getting a fair hearing on these issues. Lisa Friel should be put under oath to defend the actions of her boss.
If he's completely innocent, yes, that's what he should do. If not, I suggest he doesn't.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
well looks to me like its pretty much a wrap the the 6 game suspension is going to stick pretty much a rubber stamp deal if he don't have any luck in federal court it will be see him in week 7

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
NFL doesn't have subpoena powers anyways though right? Why would she show regardless?

I've been asking this myself.

How did the NFL get her to cooperate with them to begin with?????????????????????

Did the NFL just use the courts information to get to their conclusion or did they work with her??????????????

So my real question is..... IS the NFL paying this girl to help them in this case???????????????????

LittleD

Reaction score
If he's completely innocent, yes, that's what he should do. If not, I suggest he doesn't.

It's a he said/she said case where there is evidence of her lying and evidence of her being in a bar fight with another woman. How do you prove that
Zeke hit her without actual video of the incidents. Zeke's other argument is that the NFL's policy has resulted in disparate and unequal treatment for the same offenses as the Brown and Zeke Case evidences. The only thing the NFL has going for it is that the NFLPA folded in the CBA like a cheap suit in the middle of humid weather.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
why is Zeke even attending the hearing then? why waste your time if they, basically, don't want to hear your side of the story?

stay home and practice, do something productive

ksg811

Reaction score
So if she is not required to be there and her testimony is also not allowed, then what are they appealing?

Also, could this help Zeke once they make it to court? In court, they can't challenge the verdict or information, it would have to be about the "process". In my opinion, disallowing her testimony in the appeal is an unfair process since her testimony was the ENTIRE consideration for the suspension.

Reaction score
When they go to Federal Court, it will be about the unfairness of the process, not the re-litigate the facts. It will not be about what Zeke did or did not do, but rather how the 6 game suspension was arrived at.

Like the Brady case, the court case was not about whether or not Brady deflated footballs, it was about the process.

Last edited: