Zekes accuser not required to be at hearing

mugsybows

Reaction score
lol so what is he even looking at. he wont lower it. we are going to court.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
The NFL letter re the suspension suggests that they didnt rely on her testimony to make the original decision as she is unreliable. Instead it suggested the decision was based on the physical evidence which was reviewed by experts.

This is not a he said/she said case. It is all about the expert opinions on the physical evidence.
The NFL letter admitted she lied and called her absolutely truthful in the next sentence. Odd response if they weren't reliant on her testimony.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Lol.... Of course, his six game suspension isn't being overturned.

And when it goes to the courts, it still won't be overturned. The players have Goodell the authority to do this. There is noting that will undo this.

Elliott is gone for six games. Hopefully this is a wake up bell for him and he starts making better decisions. Or he will have a short career.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Zeke's lawyers absolutely have to take this to Federal Court to bring in all the NFL parties along with the woman and
all witnesses to these issues. All of them have to be put under oath and subject to perjury. That is the only hope of
Zeke getting a fair hearing on these issues. Lisa Friel should be put under oath to defend the actions of her boss.
Actually, Goodell and the NFL Owners should be on trial here. Sad.

Absolutely spot on!

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Given that this hearing is by all intents and purposes just a rubber stamp of Goodell's decision, Zeke's attorney should file with the court (of their choice) that an injunction be in effect immediately upon the rending of the arbiter's decision.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Forget all that if she's lying she wouldn't be getting a penny from me.

I'd invite her. If she lies again then she won't get paid.

Only time she gets paid tells the truth is she tells the NFL she made it up so she can extort money from Zeke.

Either way Zeke wins. The NFL doesn't want her close to that hearing. It would make the NFL look like fools.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its funny how the league can pretend they are sending the arbitration to an independent arbitrator when they are sending it to someone who they have paid before and who obviously want to assure he gets paid again.

The accused should have some say in who hears his case.

It will be interesting to see how far Zeke is willing to go to clear his name and if it even matters.
This case tarnishes the league more than it tarnishes Zeke and the league doesn't seem to understand or care.

The way I look at it, the league is simply giving more ammo for Elliott's legal team to take the case to a real court.

mugsybows

Reaction score
this is all a waste of time. should already be filing the papers to take this thing to court.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No way.

This was about PR plain and simple and they've gotten a lot of positive commentary from the anti-abuse crowd. If they cut it to one or two games, they'd be admitting it wasn't DV and the anti-abuse groups would go crazy.

They are going to make a court issue against them. I can guarantee that they already have their filing papers written up and as soon as Henderson issues his ruling, the league office will have their attorneys file in NYC and a favorable court for them.

I'm hoping that Zeke and his attorneys are prepared for this, and they have a group at the ready to file elsewhere as soon as this joke of an appeal verdict is rendered.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Anything she told the NFL investigators should be on record and open for review in the appeal. It sounds as though they are not going to make this available.

May be on record, but if this were to be fair, Zeke's attorney would have the right to cross examine her. IF this were to be fair. Which it's not.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The more I read about this case the more I feel like going Full Pacino........

tenor.gif

Reaction score

Only time she gets paid tells the truth is she tells the NFL she made it up so she can extort money from Zeke.

Either way Zeke wins. The NFL doesn't want her close to that hearing. It would make the NFL look like fools.
Yeah. I don't think the money angle is gonna work.

For example if you pay me enough, I'll claim to be a Martian.

All credibility is out the window when you start throwing money around.

stiletto

Reaction score
Honestly, I might be in the minority here but the players should address this non-sense at the next CBA. Even if it goes to court, the Players signed off on this madness (Goodall having complete control of punishment) a couple years ago. The longer it drags out, the harder it is going to be on Zeke and the rest of the team. Just serve the time and get it over with, move on. It'll be week 7 before we know it and the team might do well enough without him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

The problem is that she may be telling the truth, but based on other things she has said that have proven to be lies or threats against Elliott, she cannot be believed. The NFL chose to believe her anyway. It looked at some circumstantial evidence and drew conclusions. It's understandable that it would not want her anywhere near this based on unreliability.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
The NFL letter re the suspension suggests that they didnt rely on her testimony to make the original decision as she is unreliable. Instead it suggested the decision was based on the physical evidence which was reviewed by experts.

This is not a he said/she said case. It is all about the expert opinions on the physical evidence.

What physical evidence was provided that would prove Zeke assaulted her?