Zekes accuser not required to be at hearing

joseephuss

Reaction score
You IGNORED IT which implies plenty.

No, it really doesn't. I merely stated that his life isn't ruined. You inferred something that I did not imply. That is on you, not me.

He isn't in prison. That would be a ruined life. He isn't banned from ever playing in the NFL. Heck, he isn't even banned for an entire season. That would also rise to the level of having a life ruined. He will carry the stigma of being a woman beater for a time, but his life isn't ruined. He has plenty of opportunity to have a great life. Someone whose life is ruined does not.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, it really doesn't. I merely stated that his life isn't ruined. You inferred something that I did not imply. That is on you, not me.

He isn't in prison. That would be a ruined life. He isn't banned from ever playing in the NFL. Heck, he isn't even banned for an entire season. That would also rise to the level of having a life ruined. He will carry the stigma of being a woman beater for a time, but his life isn't ruined. He has plenty of opportunity to have a great life. Someone whose life is ruined does not.

Being labeled a woman beater is pretty damn close to having your life ruined.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I've been asking this myself.

How did the NFL get her to cooperate with them to begin with?????????????????????

Did the NFL just use the courts information to get to their conclusion or did they work with her??????????????

So my real question is..... IS the NFL paying this girl to help them in this case???????????????????

If that ever got out NFL could get marched in front of Congress and there would be serious talk of removing anti-trust exemption. Doubt it would get that far but if Congress felt the NFL was acting like the mob imagine the repercussions.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I don't think the NFL could force her to testify. I think only the courts could do that.

The NFL already has the information they've obtained from her and both side have the police reports. If the NFL does not make the investigators records available in the appeal hearing, then that's ridiculous.
Thats the kicker, if they have no power to compel here to show up, then they really have no affidavit power either for here statements, there is nothing they can do in an investigation to "compel" truth.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Zeke is going to be suspended 6 games. Also, the NFL union has to be one of the WORST in the nation. I wouldn't care if there's not a season in 2020 if they come to terms of the commissioner (hopefully not Goodell) NOT having the same amount of power as a result.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Being labeled a woman beater is pretty damn close to having your life ruined.

It certainly isn't a good thing to be labeled, but I don't think his life is ruined. He also still has the chance to clear his name. The people love second chances. Michael Vick just got a gig with Fox Sports, for example.

diefree666

Reaction score
It certainly isn't a good thing to be labeled, but I don't think his life is ruined. He also still has the chance to clear his name. The people love second chances. Michael Vick just got a gig with Fox Sports, for example.
Vick only tortured and killed dogs.
If you cannot see the difference in todays climate then that is on you.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Please stop with the hyperbole. Even if the suspension stands, he's going to be gainfully employeed, go on to make many millions of dollars, enjoy the company of beautiful women, and move on with his life. If his life becomes ruined, it will be his own doing.

joseephuss

Reaction score

You are correct. The climate today will ensure that we never hear from Elliott again. His career and life are over.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
how in HELL is goodell being looked at for an extension?

Majority rules. The majority of owners are happy that two of the biggest stars in the NFL have been railroaded at their request, the past two seasons. Not to mention, they're all making $ hand over fist.

Reaction score
Majority rules. The majority of owners are happy that two of the biggest stars in the NFL have been railroaded at their request, the past two seasons. Not to mention, they're all making $ hand over fist.
And just to add, Goodell is only to happy to take the torches and pitchforks from the fans while the owners hide behind their billions.

Goodell has a huge target on his back while the owners go scott free. That's how the owners want it. And why they are happy to pay Goodell $40M+ a year.