Zekes accuser not required to be at hearing

ksg811

Reaction score
dummy, article 46 is for on field issues

He was sued civilly and paid the woman off.

You're wrong about Article 46, it's for all discipline.

Section 1. League Discipline: Notwithstanding anything stated in Article 43:
(a) All disputes involving a fine or suspension imposed upon a player for conduct on the playing field (other than as described in Subsection (b) below) or involving action taken against a player by the Commissioner for conduct detrimental to the integrity of, or public confidence in, the game of professional football, will be processed exclusively as follows....

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
You're wrong about Article 46, it's for all discipline.

Section 1. League Discipline: Notwithstanding anything stated in Article 43:
(a) All disputes involving a fine or suspension imposed upon a player for conduct on the playing field (other than as described in Subsection (b) below) or involving action taken against a player by the Commissioner for conduct detrimental to the integrity of, or public confidence in, the game of professional football, will be processed exclusively as follows....

Yes I saw that after, my bad, but how can it be conduct detrimental to the integrity or confidence of the game, when he did nothing wrong?

ksg811

Reaction score
Yes I saw that after, my bad, but how can it be conduct detrimental to the integrity or confidence of the game, when he did nothing wrong?

Because it's not about right or wrong, guilt or innocence, etc, it's all subjective upon what Goodell and the NFL want to do.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Because all they have to say is they believe he did do something wrong.

cue the "well the NFLPA gave him the right" but doesn't Goody Goodell actually have to have evidence that Zeke did something, not just her word, does he not have to seek some kind of corroboration (and a medical report which has no weight is not really corroboration) and stating that he didn't disprove he did means he did, even if as many internet lawyers in this thread like to say this is not criminal but civil, goes against all principles of natural justice. Even if a civil case, you do not have to disprove a claim brought against you.

Goody Goodell has decided that you have to disprove a claim against you. You cannot prove a negative so basically he has decided as long as he believes it, even if there is no evidence, he can do what he wants.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Straight to court fellas. Nothing to see on Aug. 29th. The more they try to ignore evidence and maneuver around being fair and unbiased, the quicker this is very prejudicial and discriminatory strengthening Zeke's court case.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Because it's not about right or wrong, guilt or innocence, etc, it's all subjective upon what Goodell and the NFL want to do.

at least you have finally admitted this is a kangaroo court and was a decision not based on evidence

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If I'm Zeke I make it a civil rights case.

Josh brown (white man) has a worse case yet get 1 game.

I know it's not really about that, but it does look bad.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I actually don't mind the idea of not being able to face Thompson for this appeal. But not allowing them to see the notes on the case is despicable.
YR

yeah her not being at an appeal is pretty standard fare, he should have been able to cross examine her below but on appeal that doesn't happen.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Zeke's lawyers absolutely have to take this to Federal Court to bring in all the NFL parties along with the woman and
all witnesses to these issues. All of them have to be put under oath and subject to perjury. That is the only hope of
Zeke getting a fair hearing on these issues. Lisa Friel should be put under oath to defend the actions of her boss.
Actually, Goodell and the NFL Owners should be on trial here. Sad.
exactly, zeke has to sue nfl and goodell, get the persons all involved in a court of law, show how inept goodell is, and only wanting to hear what he wants to hear, that he wasnt even at hearings on zeke and tiffany, get the dv and show all the NFL owners you hired this person with this much power,

haleyrules

Reaction score
If I'm Zeke I make it a civil rights case.

Josh brown (white man) has a worse case yet get 1 game.

I know it's not really about that, but it does look bad.
Yikes. Risky career management. Elliott should make his appeal. take the punishment and go about rebuilding his damaged image. The owners have a long a nasty memory.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Obviously, Zeke's goal is to get his name cleared and not be suspended because of the stigma against him for being labelled by the Supreme Kangaroo Court of Roger Goody Goody Robespierre. The NFL wants to save face with SJWs, women's groups etc.

A simple solution is you suspend him a game for pulling down the tank top as conduct unbecoming, remove the finding that was "domestic violence" as it isn't, delete the claim he abused the bimbo and the reference he will be gonged for good if he has any other negative police contact.

Goody won't go for it though.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Yikes. Risky career management. Elliott should make his appeal. take the punishment and go about rebuilding his damaged image. The owners have a long a nasty memory.

easy for us to say, we aren't stigmatized as an abuser like he is

He will always have a career as long as he can ball.