Twitter: Zeke's agent speaks out

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I thought it was up to the team if they wanted to negotiate before the 4th year but couldn’t be until after the 3rd year. What Elliot is doing is a first in the NFL. No player that I know of had ever held out after the 3rd year of a rookie contract.
I think this may not be happening if SJ didn't open his mouth about Gurley money back in February. If you're not ready to do a contract don't run your mouth about it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You ever been on the field and get an arse whoppen put up on you? You learn early that you don't make excuses, you don't cry about it, you don't talk trash about it, you got to work and you get better and you make sure that you never have to deal with that again because you get out on the field and win. If you do that, it don't happen.

Well, if Zeke is on the filed, none of this ever happens. If Zeke plays, nobody is asking Jerry about Pollard and nobody even knows who the kid is. You want to shut this all down, stop being stupid and get your arse on the field. If you don't want to do that, then don't cry about it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jerry has stood by Zeke when the heat has come down on him by the league. I'm not worried about Zeke agent being offended. He should be talking to Jerry to hammer out a deal not worried about a statement that no one will care about a month from now.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I honest to god would. I would love to have a go a it with that baby behind close doors whether I got whooped or not, I think I would feel a lot better mentally.

That's assuming you'd even have brain waves left to feel one way or another about anything, lol.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I honest to god would. I would love to have a go a it with that baby behind close doors whether I got whooped or not, I think I would feel a lot better mentally.
I don't have anything at all against him personally. I just think he is being stupid if he was offered a top 3 deal. I mean, if he was offered that, it was completely fair by Jerry given the 2 years early aspect. Bad advice which is possibly going to sidetrack his career over a few million before taxes just because of the pride factor of being the "top paid back"

Talk about wanting respect, Zeke signs the contract and says thanks to Jerry for standing behind him and doing a deal 2 years before he has to and that's why he signed for less.

Now, that would get him some respect that would be due!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I think LVE did a hell of a job as a rookie and outperformed the pay he gets for where he was drafted, would you support him sitting out this year? When does it stop? When exactly do you think it’s ok for a player not to show up for work when he’s under contract to do so? Honest question.

If it's not against the league rules to do so and negotiation can take place then LVE is welcome to take that risk if he wants to. Zeke is and is more valuable so it's a calculated risk by his estimation. Dez was under contract when we cut him so .....

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
How does Zeke feel about the times when Jerry stood behind his off field incidents? Still disrespectful? Lololol

jday

Reaction score

Per Mort at :espn:

Funny that his agent is claiming that he's still in Los Cabos. Did he fly back already?

:popcorn:

I'm pretty sure after the night Pollard had, Zeke and his agent wouldn't have laughed at any joke....even funny ones...

John813

Reaction score
I think this may not be happening if SJ didn't open his mouth about Gurley money back in February. If you're not ready to do a contract don't run your mouth about it.

There were rumors Zeke brought up the possibility of holding out back in January IIRC

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I see absolutely nothing even close to "disrespectful" in Jerry's joke. I actually see it a very funny.

It tells me one thing though .. Zeke and his agent are frustrated and not comfortable of how things progressing while Cowboy camp is relaxed and confident

Grow up Zeke and tell your agent to grow up as well

Please please please .... Jerry .. trade him

:cool:

glimmerman

Reaction score
You are more than correct. Look. Elliot’s agent started early. His agent negotiated his rookie deal to get most of his money up front in a 16 million dollar signing bonus before he even took a snap in the NFL. JJ let it happen. Now SJ opens his mouth and let’s them know that the money is already setting to the side and on the table waiting. His agent had jumped all over this. Now we will have to pay early.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
There were rumors Zeke brought up the possibility of holding out back in January IIRC

I go even further and think that Zeke and his agent probably had this planned as an option early in Zeke's career.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
after sticking up for you when you made a bad choice? still having 2 years on your contract ad taking off?

Im not a big JJ fan, but this is silly after what Zeke is not just doing to himself but the whole team.
Heck yeah, Zeke is a man. Any man with any pride would be pissed. Jerry stood up for him because he wanted him on the field. Do you really think he cares about him as a man? Lol!!! He loved Tony until he didn't! Grow up.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Disrespectful, lol. And holding out after 3 years into what is a effectively a 5 year contract, when there might be a Super Bowl window - AFTER the owner of your team went to bat for your client/player when he behaved STUPIDLY on a number of occasions.... That is "respectful" lol. Wow.

I think Zeke is a top 3 RB and a pro-bowler and a KEY component to past and future success for team, BUT, he is being selfish, when QB and WR pro-bowlers have contracts expiring before his, and are in camp while he isn't......PLUS neither have been 1/10th of the problem OFF the field and a consistent risk for SIGNIFICANT suspension........

Jerry is in a tough spot. He bends big here, then there are 7-8 really decent young players that will be shown how to squeeze the team and that will squeeze the super-bowl opportunity window IMHO....

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Heck yeah, Zeke is a man. Any man with any pride would be pissed. Jerry stood up for him because he wanted him on the field. Do you really think he cares about him as a man? Lol!!! He loved Tony until he didn't! Grow up.

Lucky Whitehead got no such consideration, lol.

aria

Reaction score
Lol, I really don’t get some of you. After everything Zeke has done...and you’re defending him for being disrespected?

We all know the security guard is a piece of trash (like Zeke) but where was the outcry of the security guard being disrespected after Zeke knocked him over? Where was the support for the DJ being disrespected after Zeke knocked him out? Where was the support for his coach at the time, Urban Meyer, after Zeke PUBLICLY disrespected him after losing a game? Where was the outcry of Zeke disrespecting the girl in the video but blocking her from walking away?

Zeke is a punk, has bullied people his entire since college, and now he’s not used to it. Although Jerry was joking IMO, and should have kept his mouth shut, it’s very hypocritical to act like Zeke is the victim here for being disrespectful when that’s all he’s done and very few people ever said anything about it. IMOF, a lot of you minimized and supported Zeke in the situations I mentioned and now Jerry says two words and again it’s “poor Zeke”. Lol, this guy could spit in your mothers faces and you would say bless you. Is there anything he CAN do wrong?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I'm not saying that Pollard will replace Zeke, but if he does well enough so that our team doesn't completely collapse and manages to win enough goes to keep the potential for making the playoffs in the picture, then I wonder if that will give the Cowboys leverage. If this hold out lasts into the regular season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Was definitely a poor choice of words but I think I get what Jerry was trying to do in deflecting from the holdout/negotiations. The agent is just using it as fuel to keep it in the press to add pressure to getting a deal done. It's just negotiation though. The fact that fans hate it makes it a win for the media above all else.
Sure it does. The mediots are all over this and fans are eating it up. Anything for a negative story against us. Will be glad when it’s done and the season starts. Dak is another contract they need to zip up.

I think Coopers contract will get ugly also. He isn’t caring right now because he is getting paid. But when his agent starts asking for 100 million plus it’s gonna get ugly.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I find it funny that you talk about being objective and then bring up what the QB makes as if that should have anything to do with it. One is a QB and one is a RB. Anyone looking at it objectively understands that. If I am a kicker who attempted the most field goals over the last 3 years should I look at the fact that they offered the QB 20 times more than I will make and hold out? I mean we all know that this team isn't worth a damn without a kicker given all the issues we have had in the red zone (thanks in part to that RB and QB).
What everyone makes has to do with what everyone else makes.

What the QB and WR were making in PIT had everything to do with Bell holding out. And few had ever said without the RB, the QB is not good as they have with the Cowboys.

irish, there is no such thing as objectivity when it comes to money.

We have no idea of the ripple effect the out of bounds QB salary increase, far outside the % of the cap increase, has had on the rank and file and their agents. Doesn't take a mathematician to figure out they are absorbing an unfair share of the cap increase, which is why the RB's are talking about their own union.