Video: Zeke's hurdle against GB

chicago JK

Reaction score
I think you have to be careful hurdling in traffic like that, but what is impressive is how he got around 8 extra yards after landing and making contact with a defender. Those are the hidden yards that we were missing last year. Those yards add up and can really be the difference in a game. a 2 yard run vs a 5 yard run is huge for an offense.

pancakeman

Reaction score
My favorite part of that isn't the leap, it's that he gets hit on landing, impressively retains his balance, and runs for another five yards and the first down. Basically in one play he stiffarms one defender, makes another miss, and goes through a third—a clinic on avoiding tackles.

Rainy

Reaction score
In that one run alone, Zeke accomplished:

-Getting initial contact BEHIND the line of scrimmage and broke through that
-Having the burst to outrun the defense to the corner
-Leaped over a defender
-Got hit in midair
-Landed about 3 yards short of the first down
-Still had enough power to run through 2-3 defenders to pick up the first down after landing

What more can you possibly ask for other than for him to score as well

John813

Reaction score
INb4 complaints about that feed me celebration.

I was surprised at how many hurdles I saw for both sides.

But that entire run was amazing. Looked like a TFL but uses a stiff arm and his speed to get away and then he hurdles a defender and still gets a first down with 3 defenders waiting for him when he lands.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Good to see that especially after Lacy was hurdling our guys all day...

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I think you have to be careful hurdling in traffic like that, but what is impressive is how he got around 8 extra yards after landing and making contact with a defender. Those are the hidden yards that we were missing last year. Those yards add up and can really be the difference in a game. a 2 yard run vs a 5 yard run is huge for an offense.

There was another short yardage play at the end of the game where it looked like he was stopped at the line on a straight ahead run and still picked up 2-3 yards to get us further away from the end zone.

Also his later runs showed a lot of burst. I guess being in your early twenties helps :):)

DTown214

Reaction score
Best part about that run was after the hurdle when he stayed on his feet and fought for the 1st down. What a great player.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He's quickly becoming my favorite Cowboy of all time.
For sure....even those of us who were happy with the selection didn't think he'd be as good as he is so far. Play for Play, he's actually up in adrian peterson territory; he just needs to break a few more long TD's.