Zeke's longest run the past 3 weeks

mattjames2010

Reaction score
But there is more to it than that.

In 2017 he had the suspension and Dallas had the Chaz Green debacle game where teams started selling out against the short game.

2018 was when we had no WRs for half the season and everyone keyed on our short game. We also a rookie OG, a ton of injuries to Tyron and Martin and the problems (like Collins) with the change to Paul Alexander.

This year we are a run first team leading the NFL is passing, the offense is different and some teams are scheming to take Zeke out of the game plan. Plus Zeke missed all of training camp and Dallas clearly treated their first two regular season games like preseason.

I wouldn't argue a dropoff, but there is a lot of things going on when you look at those numbers.

Zeke didn't play in the Atlanta game.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
it’s everything.

zeke got bigger and now looks like a lean fullback. he lost agility . he looks freakn stiff. i think the decline is real.

but also it doesn’t help when he gets the ball and has 2-3 opponents in his face bc our Olines run blocking is atrocious. pollard is fast and literally had patriots in his face as soon as he had the ball.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Sure, there's always more going on. But there is definitely evidence of a decline and I believe there's very little evidence to support him being the best RB in the NFL or worth the contract he's received on into the future.

I hear you but Zeke is still 24 years old and with the things I listed I wouldn't call it "decline".

I think Zeke, Barkley and Gurley are all in the discussion for the best NFL RB. And his contract is a separate issue IMO, he got a low signing bonus and most of his salary is backloaded. For the near term its extremely likely Zeke is worth his cap hit.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Zeke didn't play in the Atlanta game.

iu

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
He actually finally looked like the old EzE yesterday.
Not to me, I forgot what run was to the sidelines, probably a reception but he looked slow. If he continues he will be a slower back in future years too, oh well shouldn't have signed him to a big contract, lesson learned I hope.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

It makes little to no sense to bring up a game that Zeke wasn't even in to play - what does Chaz Green getting destroyed in the Atlanta game have anything to do with Zeke who was sitting at home because he can't keep his hands off women?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear you but Zeke is still 24 years old and with the things I listed I wouldn't call it "decline".

I think Zeke, Barkley and Gurley are all in the discussion for the best NFL RB. And his contract is a separate issue IMO, he got a low signing bonus and most of his salary is backloaded. For the near term its extremely likely Zeke is worth his cap hit.
I think McCaffrey is pretty clearly the best RB in the NFL.

And yes, the contract could have been worse. He does do the things like blocking that are underappreciated, which helps. But my expectation is that he's going to be more and more of a plodder as time goes on. Maybe he'll surprise me.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Are you really asking why I'm wanting people to formulate a counter-argument?
You basically asked a rhetorical question. Then started treating people like crap cause they didn't give you a satisfying answer. You're crappiness toward others makes it seem as if you know the answer. So if you know the answer then why ask someone else to explain it to you?

Kaiser

Reaction score
It makes little to no sense to bring up a game that Zeke wasn't even in to play - what does Chaz Green getting destroyed in the Atlanta game have anything to do with Zeke who was sitting at home because he can't keep his hands off women?

Have an adult read my post to you, several times, and you will get it.

But you don't need to reply, I'm not sure why I didn't put you on ignore before but I will now.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You basically asked a rhetorical question. Then started treating people like crap cause they didn't give you a satisfying answer. You're crappiness toward others makes it seem as if you know the answer. So if you know the answer then why ask someone else to explain it to you?

Plenty of people in this thread came in specifically just to attack, rather than have a discussion. You avoided them....

I've had "discussions" with many of these posters before, I know their intent already.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Have an adult read my post to you, several times, and you will get it.

But you don't need to reply, I'm not sure why I didn't put you on ignore before but I will now.

Right, because you also don't know why you brought it up.

khiladi

Reaction score
Zeke’s volume wears down defenses and allows the OL to completely dominate the second half.

Zeke running allows this offense to get all the favorable matchups it gets on the outside with our WRs.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
This cant be true. I was roasted for saying he could be replaced as he was sipping Margaritas and chilling with Senoritas in Cabo.

"But...but...Zeke is the best in the league and can't be replaced. Pay him no matter what the cost" :facepalm: