Zeke's most alarming stat the last few years - Is it over?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nice work Vaq- outstanding post. Numbers and facts always speak for themselves.
OK now go show me the stats on the top 5 backs in the 90s compared to Emmitt and show me all these huge splash plays and bigtime YPC he had compared to the faster actual speed backs like barry? show me how Smith and his 3 huge contracts and 2 holdouts showed bigger paly ability and given he was on a HOF team with HOF coaches in run first ERA how somehow Zekes being discounted around here.

Facts are that Smith and zeke are volume Bluechip workhorse backs and when in the proper offense they are factor backs first 3 years zeke was healthy and the focus, our offense was successful, add in it kept the defense fresher, last year first 8 games, what was different then the last 8?
a health productive Zeke that's what... he was why we went on 6 game win streak.

those are all the facts I need to see now more splash plays that somehow became thing to compare him to that we don't use on similar backs like the great in Smith22...

Put Zeke on those 90s teams, i say we dont miss beat hes that good and perfect for those offensses ..KM offense not so much

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have never understood the hate that emanates from this fan base for players on their own team. It's such a weird deal it makes me uncomfortable talking to these people. The bottom line is Zeke just like every other player in the history of the NFL is going to get old, become less productive and eventually have to leave the game. This isn't some revelation. What I don't agree with is people trying to retroactively declare he was "done three years ago" .. you know, when he was 4th in the league in rushing.. And those same people want to blot out his start to the 2021 season when he was averaging over 5 ypc and second in the league in rushing behind only Henry who had like double the number of carries because his OC is absolutely committed to the run game unlike the one in Dallas. Before the injury Zeke was easily one of the best backs in the league. Maybe even THE best.. Why that bothers some Cowboys fans will always be a mystery to me. And frankly I have to admit I don't really want to understand the mindset that makes people hate their own players..
It's truly unfathomable to me. I guess I need to stop trying to show them they are wrong. They have this illogical inherent hate that is so baffling. Many of these same guys fight the unreasonable Dak hate....double baffling!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke is a true testament to people who still think that drafting a RB with a top pick is a good idea.
NO Id say Fournette, Gurley, Saquan and McAffrey are the reasons to not draft that high.

zekes led the league since 2016 in yards he still #1 in that area could have had 3 straight rushing titles if not for jughead of a RG move. already 3rd in cowboys' history, when we are winning, its because of zeke.id say you are so off and need to take step back.

teams before us and after have done so and yet Zeke still the best of them as far as production from day 1 until now again leading the league in yards. Add in blocking and heath the dude was not a mistake, sure could have went differently but that's hindsight.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO Id say Fournette, Gurley, Saquan and McAffrey are the reasons to not draft that high.

zekes led the league since 2016 in yards he still #1 in that area could have had 3 straight rushing titles if not for jughead of a RG move. already 3rd in cowboys' history, when we are winning, its because of zeke.id say you are so off and need to take step back.

teams before us and after have done so and yet Zeke still the best of them as far as production from day 1 until now again leading the league in yards. Add in blocking and heath the dude was not a mistake, sure could have went differently but that's hindsight.
There's a reason Zeke is Dak's best bud. Dak knows better than these yahoos.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK now go show me the stats on the top 5 backs in the 90s compared to Emmitt and show me all these huge splash plays and bigtime YPC he had compared to the faster actual speed backs like barry? show me how Smith and his 3 huge contracts and 2 holdouts showed bigger paly ability and given he was on a HOF team with HOF coaches in run first ERA how somehow Zekes being discounted around here.

Facts are that Smith and zeke are volume Bluechip workhorse backs and when in the proper offense they are factor backs first 3 years zeke was healthy and the focus, our offense was successful, add in it kept the defense fresher, last year first 8 games, what was different then the last 8?
a health productive Zeke that's what... he was why we went on 6 game win streak.

those are all the facts I need to see now more splash plays that somehow became thing to compare him to that we don't use on similar backs like the great in Smith22...

Put Zeke on those 90s teams, i say we dont miss beat hes that good and perfect for those offensses ..KM offense not so much
Zeke is still a very good NFL RB. This isn’t an “all or nothing” thing. Zeke just isn’t as good as he once was.

The other counterpoint I would add to what you said about adding Zeke to those 90s teams- yeah he would have definitely been great on those teams. He would have some rings now. It’s a team sport. The problems with that idea though are:
  • The NFL is no longer what it was in the 90s. The “workhorse” RB with 20+ carries every game is a thing of the past. Teams winning SBs these days have RB by committee for the most part. The “blue chip” RB model isn’t as effective as it was 25-30 yrs ago.
  • This current Cowboys team does not have that kind of dominant talent we had in the 90s. If Zeke had a better supporting cast now- especially at OL- he would certainly be more effective. But he doesn’t. And he’s not as explosive as he was six yrs ago.
That’s not “hate”. It’s just the way things are IMO.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Were you revealing a mistake in Zeke's 1-4 years into the league, when he was the bell-cow for this team?

By jove. A convoluted mystery question.
Please restate the question but in English.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Got that?

Dear harbor stweard, are we on alternate or parallel universes where questions and answers are interchangable?
When you land tha DeLorean, stop by for tea and ginger biscuits.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Zeke came in the League the same year as the "Great" Derek Henry. The most telling stat is that he has the most yards rushing since 2016 and the 3rd most TDs in the same time frame. But, more importantly, he missed games due to suspension, coaches decision (sitting him out during the last game of the season twice) and injury. Plus, Cowboys fans have seen him split carries last season with Pollard.

Zeke is one of the best backs in the League. Should EASILY be in the top 10. And yes...he is better than his backup. Currently, in college and high school...in other words, on every level.

Smh

I second that !!!!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Or the 3rd grade level, perhaps?

On any level you feel confident, old fellow, but I bet you could communicate on a 9th-grade level if you tried.
You will succeed if you wish really, really wish hard and click your red slippers and say "Oh, I have been difficult but I want to speak and write like an adult." Say it 5 times to your mommy or dad if he is around.
Good luck, me Harbor Boy, good luck!

Don't give up.
Don't ever give up, Phillip.

Cmac

Reaction score
On any level you feel confident, old fellow, but I bet you could communicate on a 9th-grade level if you tried.
You will succeed if you wish really, really wish hard and click your red slippers and say "Oh, I have been difficult but I want to speak and write like an adult." Say it 5 times to your mommy or dad if he is around.
Good luck, me Harbor Boy, good luck!

Don't give up.
Don't ever give up, Phillip.
How 'bout we just take each opinion.......agree with, disagree with, ignore, or like.......respectfully. Is that too much to ask for, including unknown characterization made too. Is that too much to hope for? Oops, we do that on this board with the players, coaches and ownership too. My bad.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

You’re wrong. I did look at Emmitt’s stats. #22 was breaking off runs over 60 yards many seasons in his career including well after that Great Wall of Dallas was over. Although I will tell you one thing that reminds me of Emmitt. Your workhorse/proper offense argument to try and explain Zeke’s diminishing numbers sounds a lot like Emmitt’s last days too from the fans. No one wants to admit their favorite player has lost a step but age and wear n tear catch up with all of us, sometimes earlier. It is what it is. Give Pollard more snaps, and draft someone (preferably this time 2nd and lower like everyone else is) to replace him. Loves me some Zeke but his career is most likely winding down fast. And I would love to be wrong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have never understood the hate that emanates from this fan base for players on their own team. It's such a weird deal it makes me uncomfortable talking to these people. The bottom line is Zeke just like every other player in the history of the NFL is going to get old, become less productive and eventually have to leave the game. This isn't some revelation. What I don't agree with is people trying to retroactively declare he was "done three years ago" .. you know, when he was 4th in the league in rushing.. And those same people want to blot out his start to the 2021 season when he was averaging over 5 ypc and second in the league in rushing behind only Henry who had like double the number of carries because his OC is absolutely committed to the run game unlike the one in Dallas. Before the injury Zeke was easily one of the best backs in the league. Maybe even THE best.. Why that bothers some Cowboys fans will always be a mystery to me. And frankly I have to admit I don't really want to understand the mindset that makes people hate their own players..

Why would anyone like a player like Zeke that is wildly overpaid, lazy, fat, and selfish? He hurts the team on the field with his slow plodding play, he hurts them in the salary cap, and hes a moron off the field getting suspended and doing stupid things.

What is to like?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dear harbor stweard, are we on alternate or parallel universes where questions and answers are interchangable?
When you land tha DeLorean, stop by for tea and ginger biscuits.
Now I picture the dude who thought he was a pirate in the movie "Dodgeball."
Steve the pirate.