Zekes practice load?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"Has a lot of tread on those tires". I don't think that means what you think it means.
He has a lot of mileage on those tires. Meaning not much tread is left. He was washed when they cut him last year. He didn't get any less washed since. Good goal line, short yardage guy. If he's your one then this offense will have the same issues where teams know they can control the run game even with a light box and drop extra men in coverage. Henry would have been just what they needed.

Last edited:

Brooksey

Reaction score
I think the guy needs a full camp, pre-season and all the work he can get, more non-contact. He's 29 not 59

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I disagree, he’s not a rb1 anymore, just doesn’t have that skill set - he’s going to be a role player.

Dallas isn’t done addressing the rb position yet
Dowdle has been injured every yr going back to his freshman yr in college.

Cmac

Reaction score
The amount of people on this board that are actually relying on Zeke Elliott this season is absolutely astonishing
Don't worry.....Zeke is a returning Fall Guy. The Board will show you that, once the season starts. A few years ago, Zeke got crucified on this board for coming out in the usual rotation Garrett had, followed by a Tony Pollard fumbled in the NYJets game. Tony Pollard fumbled and Zeke was ripped on this board for such. So, don't worry.....the Board has a Fall Guy nominee.

stinkface

Reaction score
It's crazy everyone says Zeke has a lot of tread on him.... Christian McCaffrey was drafted a year after Zeke and is still churning like no other.
Different body types and different style of running. McCaffrey runs some to the inside, but his strength is running to the outside and as a receiver. His quickness even now is amazing. Zeke is pure and simple a power back who had really good speed early in his career. That speed is gone. If you think back to three or four years ago when the Cowboys were on Hard Knocks, Zeke had almost no load during training camp and during the pre-season as they were saving him for the regular season. Remember he was always coaching up Jaquan Hardy (Mr. Goggles) as to where to run etc. Hardy btw is currently playing in Canada.

Anyway, Zeke had 1002 yards in 2021 and averaged 4.2 yards per carry. That was the last year he had over 4 yards per carry and he was 26 years old.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The amount of people on this board that are actually relying on Zeke Elliott this season is absolutely astonishing
Nobody is expecting super bowl because we signed zeke come on man.

Okay fine....hes a wahed up has been complete waste of locker space.

There...happy?

JBS

Reaction score
Nobody is expecting super bowl because we signed zeke come on man.

Okay fine....hes a wahed up has been complete waste of locker space.

There...happy?
I’m not talking about team expectations. I’m talking about people expecting zeke to actually have a major role on this team.

JBS

Reaction score
Don't worry.....Zeke is a returning Fall Guy. The Board will show you that, once the season starts. A few years ago, Zeke got crucified on this board for coming out in the usual rotation Garrett had, followed by a Tony Pollard fumbled in the NYJets game. Tony Pollard fumbled and Zeke was ripped on this board for such. So, don't worry.....the Board has a Fall Guy nominee.
Zeke ain’t the fall guy. Dak is. And he should be. But the owners are setting it up that way 100%

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
We have fans who are in the act of convincing themselves that RBs get better with age.

exciter

Reaction score
I disagree, he’s not a rb1 anymore, just doesn’t have that skill set - he’s going to be a role player.

Dallas isn’t done addressing the rb position yet
Addressing it with what exactly? What seems to be available at this point is the equivalent of a 50 gallon drum on its side given a heave!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It's crazy everyone says Zeke has a lot of tread on him.... Christian McCaffrey was drafted a year after Zeke and is still churning like no other.
CMac missed like 30 games in four years in Carolina and in his first two seasons he had fewer carries (and yards) than Zeke had in his first year even sitting out the last game. There is no universe in which his workload should ever be compared to Zeke's. Yes his body is fresher than Zeke's because it has not been as durable as Zeke's. Still Zeke with a fully healed up knee and NOT having to tote the rock 20 times a game while pass blocking 25 times a game might surprise some people. I think it's gonna be fun.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Zeke has A LOT of tread on his tires, does it make sense to limit him (like Tyron Smith) in training camp and the regular season practices to get as much out of him on game day as possible? He’s a vet and MM run scheme isn’t complicated. Just curious what yall think.
I remember Jerome Bettis once saying that he hated putting his feet on the floor on Mondays after a Sundays game and Tuesdays weren't much better. He said he was so sore and in pain till Wednesday when he started feeling some what right again. Vet like Zeke needs recovery time.

Jipper

Reaction score
Addressing it with what exactly? What seems to be available at this point is the equivalent of a 50 gallon drum on its side given a heave!

there will be some guys that are cap casulties, there will be trade options, there will be some surprise releases...got to remember there is a lot of time until the season starts and there will certainly be options to improve...the qustion is going to be the right fit and price.