Zekes replacement hopefully

Sydla

Reaction score
And your not comprehending what I’m saying. If Robinson makes it to 20, he’s clearly the BPA and it’s not even close. The drop off from both Robinson and Gibbs to the next bunch of backs would make the pick well worth it and it’s not close. Jersey sales are just added icing!
I think the hype around Robinson and to a lesser extent Gibbs is misplaced. These guys aren't generational talents yet some of you are acting like they are.

I'd much rather go OL first and then backfill the RB later.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And your not comprehending what I’m saying. If Robinson makes it to 20, he’s clearly the BPA and it’s not even close. The drop off from both Robinson and Gibbs to the next bunch of backs would make the pick well worth it and it’s not close. Jersey sales are just added icing!
you dont know this not knowing whats on the board. sorry it would be a bad move to trade up for a RB ..it is and WILL NOT HAPPEN. BOOK IT time to move on you are way excited with hyped names ..its in your name go take a chill pill and relax.. you trying to tell me this is generational back like ricky Williams and Barkly they both never lived up to that hype. thats just 2 off the top of my head, there are some other backs of equal or close talent at better value, its been proven for years in the draft..

want another example here close to home

zeke 4th overall great pick his college career as good or better then Bijon's, but Derrick henry 2nd rounder both had the same NFL career, who got the better value? it was the titans. they waited got better value.

lots of players like that just in last years draft i already showed you a link.

exciter

Reaction score
I think the hype around Robinson and to a lesser extent Gibbs is misplaced. These guys aren't generational talents yet some of you are acting like they are.

I'd much rather go OL first and then backfill the RB later.
There’s 3 first round picks dedicated to the line already. The other 2 starters have proven worthy and will get 2nd contracts. They have 4th and 5th round picks on backup tackles. Exactly how much draft and cap capital needs to be dedicated to the line for it to function. Even if Tyler wasn’t going to be moved to guard for this season you shouldn’t have to dedicate a 1st round pick for a left guard. You should be able to fill that position in a zone scheme fairly easily with a 3rd to 5th round pick.

exciter

Reaction score
you dont know this not knowing whats on the board. sorry it would be a bad move to trade up for a RB ..it is and WILL NOT HAPPEN. BOOK IT time to move on you are way excited with hyped names ..its in your name go take a chill pill and relax.. you trying to tell me this is generational back like ricky Williams and Barkly they both never lived up to that hype. thats just 2 off the top of my head, there are some other backs of equal or close talent at better value, its been proven for years in the draft..

want another example here close to home

zeke 4th overall great pick his college career as good or better then Bijon's, but Derrick henry 2nd rounder both had the same NFL career, who got the better value? it was the titans. they waited got better value.

lots of players like that just in last years draft i already showed you a link.
Mmmmm…. K!

Sydla

Reaction score
There’s 3 first round picks dedicated to the line already. The other 2 starters have proven worthy and will get 2nd contracts. They have 4th and 5th round picks on backup tackles. Exactly how much draft and cap capital needs to be dedicated to the line for it to function. Even if Tyler wasn’t going to be moved to guard for this season you shouldn’t have to dedicate a 1st round pick for a left guard. You should be able to fill that position in a zone scheme fairly easily with a 3rd to 5th round pick.
How much draft capital and money needs to be put into the TB position for it to function? We just spent a Top 5 pick on a TB, then gave him the largest contract in NFL history for a running back and it never really altered the trajectory of the franchise. We were still a maybe get in, likely lose early type team.

And we also get to watch so many other teams make SB runs while investing in their lines and then hodge podging it at TB.

exciter

Reaction score
How much draft capital and money needs to be put into the TB position for it to function? We just spent a Top 5 pick on a TB, then gave him the largest contract in NFL history for a running back and it never really altered the trajectory of the franchise. We were still a maybe get in, likely lose early type team.

And we also get to watch so many other teams make SB runs while investing in their lines and then hodge podging it at TB.
Uh 2016, and he’s not on the team. It’s fairly obvious they’re not keeping Pollard past this season or they’d have given him a multi year contract for a reduced cap hit this season. But hey, 3 1st currently on team, another retired. A 2nd and 3rd playing for someone else. 2 moderately large contracts coming up. One moderate to large we’re paying dead money on vs a 1st “who was 50% of the offensive production that first 3 years” and a 4th. Go back and watch that 49ers game. The offense was starting to take over when Pollard went down. Position is too important for the offense to just rely on a RB who hasn’t proven he can carry the load for a season and a bunch of backs you might as well throw a dart at a board to determine which one is best!

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Since I have derailed about Whataburger, I should say being a life long Longhorn fan I'd love nothing more that seeing the Cowboys draft him.

Sydla

Reaction score
Uh 2016, and he’s not on the team. It’s fairly obvious they’re not keeping Pollard past this season or they’d have given him a multi year contract for a reduced cap hit this season. But hey, 3 1st currently on team, another retired. A 2nd and 3rd playing for someone else. 2 moderately large contracts coming up. One moderate to large we’re paying dead money on vs a 1st “who was 50% of the offensive production that first 3 years” and a 4th. Go back and watch that 49ers game. The offense was starting to take over when Pollard went down. Position is too important for the offense to just rely on a RB who hasn’t proven he can carry the load for a season and a bunch of backs you might as well throw a dart at a board to determine which one is best!
2016?

We got bounced early in the playoffs.

The point being that despite drafting a very talented TB high and then eventually giving him a massive contract, that investment in a TB didn't change the trajectory of the franchise. We didn't start making SB runs once we got Elliott. A big reason for that is we tied up valuable resources that could have gone to other more important positions. And again, just looking at the league over the last 5-10 years supports this as a significant number of teams have simply just pieced the running back situation together season to season and not put the investment we did into the position and were far more successful as franchises.

We apparently would have learned nothing from that in taking another TB in the first round. And I suspect, we'd repeat the same mistake down the road like we did with Elliott, handing Robinson some large contract just because he's "our guy".

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Go take a look at Gibbs. Seriously this guy is going to be very good at age 200 pounds. Robinson is probably a better back Gibbs however isn’t chopped liver

exciter

Reaction score
2016?

We got bounced early in the playoffs.

The point being that despite drafting a very talented TB high and then eventually giving him a massive contract, that investment in a TB didn't change the trajectory of the franchise. We didn't start making SB runs once we got Elliott. A big reason for that is we tied up valuable resources that could have gone to other more important positions. And again, just looking at the league over the last 5-10 years supports this as a significant number of teams have simply just pieced the running back situation together season to season and not put the investment we did into the position and were far more successful as franchises.

We apparently would have learned nothing from that in taking another TB in the first round. And I suspect, we'd repeat the same mistake down the road like we did with Elliott, handing Robinson some large contract just because he's "our guy".
Hmmm… more important position? We haven’t gone to the SB in close to 30 years. In that time we’ve dropped multiple first on the OL, DE, CB, LB, WR etc and none had a more immediate impact getting us to at least a playoff game than Zeke did in 2016. He’s pretty much the sole reason we were there to get bounced. Regardless, there’s a hell of a big difference between the 4th pick and the 26th. The way Jerry has decided to run FA (this year) like he’s been given a terminal diagnosis, RB is probably the position that can come in and have an immediate impact making this team better now. Again by the 26th pick, if either Robinson and Gibbs are still there, both are by far the BPA and both have a much higher chance of coming in and making an immediate impact than any other player!

Sydla

Reaction score
Hmmm… more important position? We haven’t gone to the SB in close to 30 years. In that time we’ve dropped multiple first on the OL, DE, CB, LB, WR etc and none had a more immediate impact getting us to at least a playoff game than Zeke did in 2016. He’s pretty much the sole reason we were there to get bounced. Regardless, there’s a hell of a big difference between the 4th pick and the 26th. The way Jerry has decided to run FA (this year) like he’s been given a terminal diagnosis, RB is probably the position that can come in and have an immediate impact making this team better now. Again by the 26th pick, if either Robinson and Gibbs are still there, both are by far the BPA and both have a much higher chance of coming in and making an immediate impact than any other player!
They tagged Pollard. So unless they are planning on rescinding the tag, Pollard is going to be the start and get most of the carries/touches. Robinson, at best, would split carries with Pollard.

Another reason why the value just isn't there. So from that sense, their impact is also muted.

As you said we've done squat for nearly 30 years. Maybe look at the rest of the league to get some guidance. And when you do that, you see that running back has become and still is a devalued position where teams often put middling assets into the position and still win. Taking Robinson or Gibbs at 26 ignores that reality. But Jerry loves shiny toys so frankly, I am pretty much expecting them to go TB at 26 unless an OT like the kid from UGA slips to them.

exciter

Reaction score
They tagged Pollard. So unless they are planning on rescinding the tag, Pollard is going to be the start and get most of the carries/touches. Robinson, at best, would split carries with Pollard.

Another reason why the value just isn't there. So from that sense, their impact is also muted.

As you said we've done squat for nearly 30 years. Maybe look at the rest of the league to get some guidance. And when you do that, you see that running back has become and still is a devalued position where teams often put middling assets into the position and still win. Taking Robinson or Gibbs at 26 ignores that reality. But Jerry loves shiny toys so frankly, I am pretty much expecting them to go TB at 26 unless an OT like the kid from UGA slips to them.
Yes they tagged Pollard. Not giving him a multi year contract would indicate they’re either not keeping him for more than one year or don’t expect him to be able to carry the load by himself. Two backs, splitting carrys, both with the ability to run 900 to 1200 yards rushing each and 500 yards receiving each, is much better than one. Again at 26, BPA and most likely to make an immediate impact!