Zekes replacement hopefully

darealvelle

Reaction score
To me it does not make since to tag a running back then draft one in the first round. We have bigger holes in positions we need to address in the first round.

exciter

Reaction score
Nope i bet you a buck, no way they trade up.. there are some backs all over this draft that can give you as much value and production.. its 26 or NOPE. deep draft says no signing pollard says no, having options say its even toss up they take him at 26..
I said this the last 3 weeks about DHop and Ramseys or any other trade Knew it wouldn't happen. my gut says they aren't looking at BR as much as fans hope. now if TP was gone this guy would be major need, hes not.
I’d say not signing Pollard long term would indicate they’re looking at one or the other of the two mentioned or both.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’d say not signing Pollard long term would indicate they’re looking at one or the other of the two mentioned or both.
right they talk about intrest all the time lol

the old saying

'Wish in one hand, **** in the other, see which one fills up first.'

for fans its

'hope in one hand, **** in the other, see which one fills up first.'

sure they were all showing strong interest or what was the word Intrigued, in cj stroud lol of course they are all intriguing but doubt that their pan to get RB in the first round..they can get good one in the 3rd this year and a high one next year release pollard and reboot the rb position just like that. running backs are the one position you dont have to develop or wait for draft them thrown them out there an typically its quick transition. also if they are midseason and feel they need help at RB its also position to bring in a vet off the street or a PS and they can fit right in..

exciter

Reaction score
right they talk about intrest all the time lol

the old saying

'Wish in one hand, **** in the other, see which one fills up first.'

for fans its

'hope in one hand, **** in the other, see which one fills up first.'

sure they were all showing strong interest or what was the word Intrigued, in cj stroud lol of course they are all intriguing but doubt that their pan to get RB in the first round..they can get good one in the 3rd this year and a high one next year release pollard and reboot the rb position just like that. running backs are the one position you dont have to develop or wait for draft them thrown them out there an typically its quick transition. also if they are midseason and feel they need help at RB its also position to bring in a vet off the street or a PS and they can fit right in..
You can get an average to above average back in late 2nd/3rd or you can get a premier back with either of the two that will be rated in the 1st and sell a bunch of shirts all in the midst of dominating through the ground attack. Closer the draft gets, the more Jerry thinks about the Randle fiasco,?the purtier those 2 backs are gonna look… might as well give Jerry a quart of Scotch and deck em out in red dresses and pink lipstick!

dckid

Reaction score
Dijon Robinson is a beast.
We could have signed Moestert, Rashad Penny, all these guys got 2 million or less. So much upside in the FA running back market.
Why not bring in Kareem Hunt, and this way Pollard can recover as he needs to, and we have a capable guy who has been under utilized in Cleveland.
I wanted Damien Harris also, but he just signed in Buffalo.

I don't want this team focusing on a particular player in the draft, like Jerry did for his war daddy, Taco Charltan. Pick the BPA and move on.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You can get an average to above average back in late 2nd/3rd or you can get a premier back with either of the two that will be rated in the 1st and sell a bunch of shirts all in the midst of dominating through the ground attack. Closer the draft gets, the more Jerry thinks about the Randle fiasco,?the purtier those 2 backs are gonna look… might as well give Jerry a quart of Scotch and deck em out in red dresses and pink lipstick!
you can find HOFand PB types all over the draft , stop the hard judgment that only be average to below average.. pollards a 4th rounder himself. you can find great players in rounds 1-7 dont get it twisted this year is RB heavy easy to see 3rd rounder can shake out starter, easily.

ask Purdy, brady, or UNDFA like warner or Romo how players can be found everywhere. even easier at RB..KC found them one in the 7th that IMO better then their first rounder in clyde..

look at this list Pierce in the 4th come on look at those names and see this draft is deeper..

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/running-backs-drafted-in-the-2022-nfl-draft/

exciter

Reaction score
you can find HOFand PB types all over the draft , stop the hard judgment that only be average to below average.. pollards a 4th rounder himself. you can find great players in rounds 1-7 dont get it twisted this year is RB heavy easy to see 3rd rounder can shake out starter, easily.

ask Purdy, brady, or UNDFA like warner or Romo how players can be found everywhere. even easier at RB..KC found them one in the 7th that IMO better then their first rounder in clyde..

look at this list Pierce in the 4th come on look at those names and see this draft is deeper..

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/running-backs-drafted-in-the-2022-nfl-draft/
Sure you can, but you don’t have to look near as hard in the first and they start selling shirts much sooner!!!

75boyz

Reaction score
I'm talking more of how long they can sustain peak production, Zeke the first couple years was well worth any pick from production, I'm just not sure any RB in todays NFL can sustain it long enough to warrant that high pick.
This. At some point ya gotta learn from how Zeke's pick in the first round was the mistake as running back is as replaceable a position as you can get coming from college to pro and a lot of RBs have just as productive or better careers than Zeke while being taken much later.
It's a very poor positional strategy on roster building that they should have learned from.

There's a ton of evidence of so many later draft pick RBs performing everywhere you look.
It's the wrong move imo.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sure you can, but you don’t have to look near as hard in the first and they start selling shirts much sooner!!!
you sound like Jerry, if you haven't noticed guys like OBJ, dhop and Johny manziel types are being passed over for practical picks and FAs that are beter players or smarter practical choices in the draft. SJ and will have jerrys ear and hes not going to choose BR to sell few shirts, if this draft pick is X/RB that all of sudden goes form little known to great, jerseys will sell.. imagine them not bringing in Romo or Dak and reaching for bigger name that failed..how many jerseys do they sell there like terrible Manziel. Romo sold plenty of jerseys and wasn't drafted.

its about making the best choose for the team and at 26 if BR is there consider it but if an equal or better positional player is there you have to take that payer because Rbs can be had in later rounds..

dude I'm huge Longhorn fan , trust me id welcome BR with open arms but see it would be a mistake to trade up or take him over another position we could use more and harder to find in later rounds.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I always get mustard on my Whataburger. They have the best ketchup too.
Nah cut the mustard, no ketchup, take mayo, no onions, add jalapenos.. thats a #1 pick that should be considered. it will be a player we didn't see coming :)

exciter

Reaction score
you sound like Jerry, if you haven't noticed guys like OBJ, dhop and Johny manziel types are being passed over for practical picks and FAs that are beter players or smarter practical choices in the draft. SJ and will have jerrys ear and hes not going to choose BR to sell few shirts, if this draft pick is X/RB that all of sudden goes form little known to great, jerseys will sell.. imagine them not bringing in Romo or Dak and reaching for bigger name that failed..how many jerseys do they sell there like terrible Manziel. Romo sold plenty of jerseys and wasn't drafted.

its about making the best choose for the team and at 26 if BR is there consider it but if an equal or better positional player is there you have to take that payer because Rbs can be had in later rounds..

dude I'm huge Longhorn fan , trust me id welcome BR with open arms but see it would be a mistake to trade up or take him over another position we could use more and harder to find in later rounds.
Lol wow, are you really trying to compare the desirability of a couple 30 year olds, with an injury history and will carry a massive cap hit to a 21ish yo, who’ll be on a rookie contract?????

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lol wow, are you really trying to compare the desirability of a couple 30 year olds, with an injury history and will carry a massive cap hit to a 21ish yo, who’ll be on a rookie contract?????
if that what you got you aren't comprehending im saying they wont make those types of moves for jersey sales as they might have 10 years ago, they will make the correct choices,. it will be far more practical and geared for the team.

if you can take the better player of need at 26 and still get a talented RB in round 2-4, you win.. but keep up the "fan SM player choice awards" aren't what the teams been doing NO Dhop, obj, Ramseys, wagner, or jerry jeudy. so far not the DT that most wanted, these are lists made by fans and SM clickbait the FO is making smarter more practical needs and filling the same needs.

so book this they wont trade up for a RB and betting its less then 30% chance they take Rb in the first at all.

exciter

Reaction score
if that what you got you aren't comprehending im saying they wont make those types of moves for jersey sales as they might have 10 years ago, they will make the correct choices,. it will be far more practical and geared for the team.

if you can take the better player of need at 26 and still get a talented RB in round 2-4, you win.. but keep up the "fan SM player choice awards" aren't what the teams been doing NO Dhop, obj, Ramseys, wagner, or jerry jeudy. so far not the DT that most wanted, these are lists made by fans and SM clickbait the FO is making smarter more practical needs and filling the same needs.

so book this they wont trade up for a RB and betting its less then 30% chance they take Rb in the first at all.
And your not comprehending what I’m saying. If Robinson makes it to 20, he’s clearly the BPA and it’s not even close. The drop off from both Robinson and Gibbs to the next bunch of backs would make the pick well worth it and it’s not close. Jersey sales are just added icing!

Sydla

Reaction score
Robinson won't be there when we pick, if he's as good as some here make him out to be. I will not be happy if we rid of Zeke just to grab another RB in the first when this is a deep RB class.
I mean you know it's coming right?

They only cut Zeke because of the cap considerations. That's it. If he didn't have that high of a cap hit, he'd still be here. This is a franchise that has shown they value flash over substance. In the last 8 years, they've invested way more in the TB position than the DT position. I don't see anything that makes me think they finally understand this.

They've been pretty clear they want to prop up Dak and their bazillion dollar investment in him. I think the front office is deluded and thinks they need a big time top tier TB to add to the mix. I am to the point I might be surprised if they don't take Robinson or Gibbs at 26.