Twitter: Zeke's response to tweet suggesting they wished a relative had been attacked by dog for payout

kskboys

Reaction score
Who are you top 3 backs if you think Zeke is in there.
IMO it's Chubb, Z, and McCaffrey.

I'm one of the very few, but I'm not sold on Henry. Absolutely love to watch him, but I'm still worried about his lack of burst to the LOS. He's a guy I'm very interested to see if he can continue to play at a high level despite his lack of burst at the LOS.

kskboys

Reaction score
Welllllllll ..... There are times when I've seen you say something like, "$30M a year is more than enough to live great for the rest of someone's life. Why want more than that?" You're not wrong by any means but if one man likes to collect antique cars and another man likes to collect extra dollar bills he oughta be afforded the same space to do how he pleases with his desires (your wife may feel otherwise, lol). I get the whole "help the team manage the cap" spiel but that's the team's responsibility. A player is not going to make more than a team is going to pay him. So if a player demands X and the team gives it to him, it's the team who decided that. A player's gonna use the leverage he has and so is the team but ultimately the team says "yes, we'll pay you" or "take a hike." It's curious why the overwhelming "hate" comes down on the player in these situations. But when it does in other sports where owners can pay what they want, I have to think those are connected.
I disagree that it's solely on the team to manage the cap. I think it's everyone's job.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Who are you top 3 backs if you think Zeke is in there.
McCaffrey has to be 1.
and then in no particular order,
Barkley Zeke have to be lining up.
Aaron Jones
Dalvin Cook
Joe Mixon
Chubb
Ingram

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I disagree that it's solely on the team to manage the cap. I think it's everyone's job.

If the NFL mandate was to owners AND players not to go over the limit I might agree with you. I think players watching the cap falls into the category of "would be nice if ..." but shouldn't be held against them if they leave it to the team to whom the mandate was given.

kskboys

Reaction score
If the NFL mandate was to owners AND players not to go over the limit I might agree with you. I think players watching the cap falls into the category of "would be nice if ..." but shouldn't be held against them if they leave it to the team to whom the mandate was given.
Only place I really have a problem in instances such as Dak's, where what's being offered is extremely fair for both, but he continues to hold the team hostage for a maxed out contract. I want him to make 30 mil or so, good for him. However, at this point it's becoming simple greed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I'm one of the very few, but I'm not sold on Henry. Absolutely love to watch him, but I'm still worried about his lack of burst to the LOS. He's a guy I'm very interested to see if he can continue to play at a high level despite his lack of burst at the LOS.

I don't have Zeke in the top 3. McCaffrey, Barkley, Henry are my top 3. Henry has that home run capability that Zeke lacks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
McCaffrey has to be 1.
and then in no particular order,
Barkley Zeke have to be lining up.
Aaron Jones
Dalvin Cook
Joe Mixon
Chubb
Ingram

Zeke isn't in my top 3. I have him somewhere in the 2nd tier RB's and that tier is about 8-10 guys.

Handful of backs I would take over Zeke in a RB by committee approach.

And when you factor in his personality and maturity issues that puts him at the back of the 2nd tier for me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Only place I really have a problem in instances such as Dak's, where what's being offered is extremely fair for both, but he continues to hold the team hostage for a maxed out contract. I want him to make 30 mil or so, good for him. However, at this point it's becoming simple greed.

Nothing greedy about wanting to get paid market value. He is actually cutting the team a break by only wanting 4 years instead of 5. Its the Cowboys that are being greedy. Most recent high end QB contracts have been 4 years or less.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Zeke isn't in my top 3. I have him somewhere in the 2nd tier RB's and that tier is about 8-10 guys.

Handful of backs I would take over Zeke in a RB by committee approach.

And when you factor in his personality and maturity issues that puts him at the back of the 2nd tier for me.
than show your list homie.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't have Zeke in the top 3. McCaffrey, Barkley, Henry are my top 3. Henry has that home run capability that Zeke lacks.
Understood. However, Henry, Barkley, and McCafrey lack that short yardage capability that EZ has.

The tough yards grinders are the ones that win super bowls, not the flashy guys.

And although he lacks initial burst, Henry just so big and powerful, he could easily overcome this lack and enter my top 3. He's by far the most interesting case in the NFL.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nothing greedy about wanting to get paid market value. He is actually cutting the team a break by only wanting 4 years instead of 5. Its the Cowboys that are being greedy. Most recent high end QB contracts have been 4 years or less.
Not what we're discussing. This has been rehashed too many times, not interested in yet another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Understood. However, Henry, Barkley, and McCafrey lack that short yardage capability that EZ has.

The tough yards grinders are the ones that win super bowls, not the flashy guys.

And although he lacks initial burst, Henry just so big and powerful, he could easily overcome this lack and enter my top 3. He's by far the most interesting case in the NFL.

I don't nit pick on traits. I would take those guys over Zeke no problem just as they are.

We haven't won an SB's with Zeke, haven't even come close actually. IM not sure I would even say that Zeke is great at short yardage. At one point last year, even the horrid Garrett was using Dak in big short yardage situations. Zeke has issues bouncing it outside and beating the defender so he becomes predictable in those instances.

Henry does what Zeke does, but he just does it better and offers the home run capability.

kskboys

Reaction score
To be clear, I NEVER hold it against a player personally to go for top dollar. What I do have a problem w/ is players such as Wilson insisting on top dollar then complaining he doesn't have enough around him. That's about as stupid as it gets.

I always respected ARod when he went to TX, because in the interview when asked, he said "Yeah, it's about the money". And I never heard a complaint from him when the hapless Rangers were losing.

If you want the extreme max, then you cannot expect to win.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not what we're discussing. This has been rehashed too many times, not interested in yet another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You made a comment that Dak is greedy. Can you explain that comment? Cowboys want 5 years and he wants 4. The per year salary is not the issue.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't nit pick on traits. I would take those guys over Zeke no problem just as they are.

We haven't won an SB's with Zeke, haven't even come close actually. IM not sure I would even say that Zeke is great at short yardage. At one point last year, even the horrid Garrett was using Dak in big short yardage situations. Zeke has issues bouncing it outside and beating the defender so he becomes predictable in those instances.

Henry does what Zeke does, but he just does it better and offers the home run capability.
Henry and Z are polar opposites.

Z was bad last year, no argument here. My analysis of him always comes w/ the caveat that he comes in in shape this season. Z is one of the best short yardage backs in the NFL if he's in shape.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Henry and Z are polar opposites.

Z was bad last year, no argument here. My analysis of him always comes w/ the caveat that he comes in in shape this season. Z is one of the best short yardage backs in the NFL if he's in shape.

Polar opposites? Zeke and Henry are both power backs. I thought Zeke was one of the best short yardage backs, but I was wrong.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

KSK! the Barkley's fans are about to eat you alive. Lol