Twitter: Zeke's rookie burst is back

DanA

Reaction score
I thought for sure this was a troll and was expecting to see Joe Looney dressed up as Zeke with some sort of pun about bursting out of his pants.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Speaking of being complacent, plus he got his money (attitude).

This criticism always confuses me.. How does the "he got his money" attitude fit with playing through a painful injury for 11 weeks to say nothing of literally throwing his body in front of guys 50 to 100 pounds larger than him trying to preserve our QB? Have you ever stepped in front of a fast moving 250 pound man? I have.. and you don't do it if you're complacent, satisfied, paid, or whatever other adjective you wanna use.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This criticism always confuses me.. How does the "he got his money" attitude fit with playing through a painful injury for 11 weeks to say nothing of literally throwing his body in front of guys 50 to 100 pounds larger than him trying to preserve our QB? Have you ever stepped in front of a fast moving 250 pound man? I have.. and you don't do it if you're complacent, satisfied, paid, or whatever other adjective you wanna use.

Help much like being in a car crash as this game as been described. He puts his body on the line. Did Cowboys pay too much? I would say yes but if this was all about getting paid he could have easily taken the money and sat down for much of the season after the injury. He didn't, he continued to go out and do what he could. Frankly would not be shocked if he was able to put up very good numbers this season.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Elliott was running well before he got injured last season. I don't know why so many fans don't want to remember that. If he can regain that form — not find the fountain of youth and go back to his rookie self — then we once again have one of the top RBs in the league, which is what he was until the injury.

Because so many "fans" are dug in on "never should have drafted him that high.." They're still butt hurt that he made them look so stupid those first few years they need to get their revenge now. Zeke is never going to be the same back he was as a rookie.. Too many miles on the body.. but he can actually be a better overall player now because he's smarter and has a better understanding of the game. But if the coach is just going to ram him up the gut for 75% of his carries and the line is playing poorly AND he is asked to pass block 40 times a game he is guaranteed to either get dinged up or just wear down over time. That's just reality. People often forget that "rookie Zeke" was subbed out for on obvious passing downs.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I dont care for Elliott for several different reasons, but I can appreciate the wear and tear factor.

Can't even just look at "touches" for him. How times did he have to "touch" a blitzing linebacker who had a head of steam? That's violent.

That said, it's why you churn the position before a second contract comes due. That wasn't avoidable in this case because they drafted him so high and the agent knew exactly when to do what was done.

Still paying for it, but that's not Elliotts fault.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Its mid May. Right on cue.
I dont know why these guys continue to comment this way.

It would make full sense to me that they would feel their best after they haven't been colliding with each other for a few months.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He did look explosive before the injury. Not drinking the kool-aid but hoping for the best.

It's all we can do brother! I should mention though that 22 mph in shorts and t-shirts is not the same as 22 mph in pads. Even if he really did hit that number this week it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Isn't there supposed to be a video of Zeke zig-zagging through cones that comes with this? Happens every year.

quickccc

Reaction score
He did look explosive before the injury. Not drinking the kool-aid but hoping for the best.

i didn't see that at all ... if that 47 yard run vs Carolina was the old 2016 ZKE, he would have never got caught and fetched from behind - en route to a TD score.

- Much was made about him supposedly shedding bulk down to a slimmer Zeke last offseason, .
but when season started, he looked very much like the same bulk up Zeke we've seen the last couple of years.

- My question is how can he shed- work out again this offseason, when he's had to rehab that troublesome knee he injured ?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
i didn't see that at all ... if that 47 yard run vs Carolina was the old 2016 ZKE, he would have never got caught and fetched from behind - en route to a TD score.

- Much was made about him supposedly shedding bulk down to a slimmer Zeke last offseason, .
but when season started, he looked very much like the same bulk up Zeke we've seen the last couple of years.

- My question is how can he shed- work out again this offseason, when he's had to rehab that troublesome knee he injured ?

Not to be argumentative but while I agree that 2016 Zeke scores on that play it should be noted that that run required several cuts and one or two broken tackles to get into the clear. If I recall correctly the guy who caught Zeke from behind was able to get to full speed while Zeke was avoiding a tackler.. About the knee though.. I don't think he has had to do active rehab of that because it was a partial tear. Depending on how severe it was it will heal naturally and allow you continue to work out . You don't need to make violent cuts when you're just working out for conditioning purposes. Plus you can just brace it up for a couple of months and not allow it to put any strain on the injured area.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score

I didn't say anything about 2016 Zeke but he was hitting seams hard and picking up chunks. There was an obvious regression after he got hurt and it showed in every aspect of that offense.