Zero chance Rush takes Dak's job

starfan1

Reaction score
Where did I say Rush is better than Dak? I simply pointed out that Rush is playing within the system Moore is providing and for Dallas to succeed Dak needs to do the same thing.
Perhaps I misunderstood the intent of your post but when I quoted you I was answering what I believe is helping rush succeed this year

this year is the only thing I’m talking bout as every year is different but rush has played no one this far in my opinion and that includes cincy who I don’t think wins 9 games this year

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Perhaps I misunderstood the intent of your post but when I quoted you I was answering what I believe is helping rush succeed this year

this year is the only thing I’m talking bout as every year is different but rush has played no one this far in my opinion and that includes cincy who I don’t think wins 9 games this year

Many are denouncing Rush's success so far as having played "inferior teams". So does the same apply to Dak? If so don't count Dak's career 25-6 record against the NFC East given those teams sucked for years and instead judge Dak on all other games where Dak is 28-27.

Regardless, Rush is succeeding and in turn Dallas is succeeding.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I find it amazing people gloat about Dak's record against the NFC Least to prop him up yet then then around and denounce weak teams when Rush is winning. Sad.
Not sure who you are talking about since none of that was mentioned in my response. On the contrary, I said that both QBs would win and lose the exact same games through the first 6 games.
TB, Cinn, NY, Wash, LA, Philly - I don’t think the results change with either QB. I wouldn’t have said that last year because Rush hadn’t really done anything. Fans called him garbage and wanted him released all preseason. Now he’s going to lead us to the promised land. My opinion is that this team will win or lose based on the OL and the defense versus weaker or maybe equal opponents, but the QB will make no difference against superior teams because we do not have a superior offense, not even close…..unless something drastic develops as the season rolls along.

starfan1

Reaction score
Many are denouncing Rush's success so far as having played "inferior teams". So does the same apply to Dak? If so don't count Dak's career 25-6 record against the NFC East given those teams sucked for years and instead judge Dak on all other games where Dak is 28-27.

Regardless, Rush is succeeding and in turn Dallas is succeeding.
Honestly I don’t care how you judge him makes no difference. If you think rush is as good as Dak then enjoy the feel good story

the cowboys story for the year has alot more chapters and Dak will most likely author them

Perhaps kellen will run what’s working now when Dak returns it can only lead to even better things

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How dumb would they look if Rush wins a few more games, Dak comes back and Dallas begins losing? While Dak is a better QB than Rush in most measurables, clearly something is going on that has allowed Rush to help Dallas succeed.

Easier opponents

Toro9

Reaction score
You're not going to dump your 40m QB because he has a bad game and breaks his thumb. /

DuncanIso

Reaction score
No way Jerry is gonna pay Dak 40mill to ride the pine.
Just look at his comment about zeke carrying the load
When Pollard is clearly the better RB.
This front office is an obstacle to overcome.

Pollard is not the best RB.

not even close.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Honestly I don’t care how you judge him makes no difference. If you think rush is as good as Dak then enjoy the feel good story

the cowboys story for the year has alot more chapters and Dak will most likely author them

Perhaps kellen will run what’s working now when Dak returns it can only lead to even better things

Maybe Moore was running what he is running with Rush but Dak changes the plan.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If Rush continues to play well I am sure another team will make him an offer that the Cowboys will not match. Cowboys can not afford to pay 2 QB's top dollar. The Cowboys have decided that Dak is their guy so they will live or die with Dak.

this is probably true.

We can’t get out of the deal with Dak until after 2023. And that’s with a huge cap hit. 30+ million.

rush is UFA. Jerry would have to get him signed, or tag him somehow.

jerry likes to pressure his stars.

CD to Coop.

Rush to Dak.

Pollard to Zeke.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
1) Dak has a no trade clause in his deal
2) The Cowboys are still stuck with a massive amount of dead money. It would make more sense to keep Dak on as a high dollar backup than trade him this year.

after looking at Spotrac, they can’t cut him until after 2023.

Game 1 was a train wreck for Dak.

he can’t throw.

starfan1

Reaction score
Maybe Moore was running what he is running with Rush but Dak changes the plan.
perhaps or maybe Moore doesnt give Rush as much freedom because he lacks the talent and understanding of the NFL nuances. I dont matter well soon find out

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He's not, but he could be proving that Dak isn't, either. Prescott really can't afford to come back and play poorly if he's put in while Rush is playing well. It would be one of those situation where the only thing has changed would be the QB, so Dak has to at least match Rush's level, although playing above it would be preferred for the player you consider your franchise QB. If the offense doesn't operate as well with Prescott in there, then the blame falls squarely on his shoulders.
This isn't a soap opera, it's not proving anything other than Prescott is the starter and Rush is the back up. If Prescott ISN'T the future like you're suggesting it would require a better QB to replace him, not a back up.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
perhaps or maybe Moore doesnt give Rush as much freedom because he lacks the talent and understanding of the NFL nuances. I dont matter well soon find out

Yet it was Rush that checked out of a pass play seeing the Giants blitz look and optioned to a Pollard run which netted a first down.....sounds like understanding to me.